Universal Prison Life RPG (by Nob Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 25, 2015.

1. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Well, getting beat up lol or call in sick!

2. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    Good job I'll send you a box of smokes

3. Stevencarla

Stevencarla Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2011
    HONG KONG
    this game is so good!! ive just managed to break out from priosn and betrayed all the escape fellows behind...lol. anyway its pretty replayable but still hope to create your own role in the game !! hope the next update would increase more prisoners or ablity to choose from !!

4. ludka33

ludka33 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2013
    Sooo... Had this on my watch list for a few days now. Is it weird that what made me pull the trigger is the portrait orientation?

It's okay. I can take it #

5. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    There's 100 right now just scroll to the right when it's time to pick one. You have to meet certain conditions to get those with longer terms

6. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Just a question. Are the characters (AI) randomly placed or are the persons always in the same place and same spot.

7. williamsyee

williamsyee Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    SQA
    I always end up at clinic when i lose in boxing match :p

8. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    In the kitchen and showers the appear random but in the yard they stay with their gangs

9. nobstudio

nobstudio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 8, 2011
    game developer
    singapore
    Thank you all criminals for choosing this prison to serve your time!

As other old timers said, you can choose any 1 of the 100 prisoners to play as, each prisoner has different stats, skills and personal goal/mission.
    [​IMG]

Thanks for the support. Warden is pleased.
    Prison life is always hard for new inmates. Listen to other old timer's advice on this thread might help you survive longer. (But they might sabotage you as well)

After you finished 1 day with a prisoner(autosave when u sleep in cell), next time you start a new prisoner you can select Yes or No for the Dumb Cook Prison Tour.

Each time you start a new game 60 out of 100 unlucky prisoners are randomly selected to the prison. Each prisoner will appear in his own gang area but stand at different spot cause law says I am not allowed to chain prisoners to the ground.

10. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    You are genius. OK, I'm gonna buy it.

11. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Exactly this. I have NO idea >.< But hey, it's fun and the immersion is great :D

12. fabianb

Nov 1, 2014
    Lol! Was pretty funny though!

Attached Files:

13. anabolicMike

anabolicMike Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Strangely fun. Just ate my time away like you couldn't believe! I was up til after 4am cause of this game. I did a play through with the clown lol. Pretty good. Not a roguelike. Lots of repetitive stuff but strangely fulfilling. Nobuttsecks. Not even really that implied, just once in the shower scene but it doesn't come out and say it, some wot even get the reference

14. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    An old timer here, through the week-end I will help you with tips if you need. Whatever I consider might spoil the fun for others will be under a spoiler tag. ;)

So ask away! :D Ready when you are!

I'm so glad to see support for this, it is one of those games where you can see the creator's passion poured into it.

15. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    Agreed, were u a beta tester as well mate?

16. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    Yeah. I still remember my first 5 minutes in game, died of suicide... I was like: "what the heck just happened???". I put it down for a couple of hours due to some stuff I had to do, but when I came back I played it for a couple of hours and missed some hours of sleep. :D It grew that fast on me. And when I showed it to some friends, a couple of days ago, they wanted to buy it. It's just one of those games that can become addicting fast enough.

The Warden support was also a big plus for me, he would reply within hours to my emails and actually cared for the feedback. That is something that is very important for an indie dev and he clearly knows his stuff very well.

17. Poo

Poo Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2013
    Would love to see a create your own prisoner feature in the future.

Fantastic game. First run through I died as the mankind looking dude due to bad health and the second time I played as the clown which was super easy due to the ammount of money I had.

18. maiyr

maiyr Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2014
    Still on first playthrough, suprisingly i have not died yet. Playing as kenny G, and i have been beaten up nearly everyday. What has kept me alive is the joke durin shower and demanding food from the weaker. 6 more days to go and i finally joined a gang. Now i need to make money to get those DIY magz's.

19. Orderhere

Orderhere Active Member

Jan 28, 2015
    Someone said this is a rogue-like, is this true? If you die you start from scratch? If that's true then deal-breaker for me. Really don't see the point of having to start over.

20. nobstudio

nobstudio Well-Known Member
    Patreon Indie

Jul 8, 2011
    game developer
    singapore
    Yes death ends the game. But there is a very cool fascinating beyond science advanced system called butterfly effect: Inmate writes diary every night before sleep, and he can actually read the diary of previous night and go back to that time!
    How cool is that?!?