Universal Prison Life RPG (by Nob Studio)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Ghostdog1

Ghostdog1 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Thx

Thx for all the helpful tips and hints. I will give it one more try. I feel there is a good game hidden under all this.
    I'm a gaming nerd. And i love games that are hard to accomplish. But games need to give the player a chance to do so.

I really think the start in this game is a bit too hard and will make casual gamers run away fast. The learning curve should pull players in and not out. If i don't know what to do cause there are so many possibilities and goals, it makes the beginning feel a bit like trial and error. This can work for a game where one playthrough is short, but it works less for a time-consuming game.

2. hincy89

hincy89 Well-Known Member

May 15, 2011
    Please no one say this again! You will further ruin iOS gaming!!

3. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Is there any way to play again without going again with the tutorial?

4. Ghostdog1

Jan 30, 2015
    Good question. You can skip the tutorial with the cook, but every following action is still explained like in the first playthrough.

5. shadowgamerr

shadowgamerr Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2011
    Living life and Playing mobile games
    Right by your side
    #65 shadowgamerr, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    The first time you play cannot skip it, after that you can. Escape and you shall prevail.

As for learning curve, choose the clown for example, bribe whenever you can and do your best to resist 20days. I suggest you buy food whenever you can and maybe gamble some. Make sure you tell jokes 6 days so you unlock your personal goal so you can play with other prisoners afterwards.

Pro Tip: Craft Burgers when in the cell. They give 100 energy back when eaten.

6. dreadnok

dreadnok Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2011
    I came here to kick ass and chew bubble gum I'm ou
    #66 dreadnok, Feb 26, 2015
    You get a magazine with the tutorial I'd advise against it

7. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Still dont get how to not repeat the tutorial

8. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Well I've just bought it. Sounds ace and call me a sucker but I'm much more likely to buy something when the Dev is about on here

9. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    #69 Markku, Feb 26, 2015
    Under prison Features what does this mean?

100 prisoners to play as, each with his own mission

If it means I play 100 different people and its a new experience I will buy this, can anyone clarify what that means?

10. fabianb

fabianb Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Yeah I'm pretty sure you can play as 100 different characters with each their own skills. I don't own this game, I only watched the gameplay video a few pages back. I still wait for some more impressions.

11. Ghostdog1

Jan 30, 2015
    Game Impressions

Finally I managed to get out of prison with character Gimlee. Also did his personal goal with watching tv 30 times in 20 days. Had all time around 1000$ on my account, so it was easy to buy enough stuff to keep my normal stats up. Had to assasinate 5 people and became captain of the mobster gang.
    Without the tips on this forum i would have really given up. Thx again for this.
    I will now start off with one of the other characters but as long as I take in count the different advantages the characters bring in I guess its all manageable.

Beside keeping the stats Happiness/Energy/Health up I couldn't work out how to change the other stats with Agility, Intelligence... Is this a fixed aspect for every character you play? I did learn the skill Steal (very helpful - as dreadnok mentioned in some posts before) and Fight. But my character stats did stay the same. Anyone can explain this a bit?

All in all I'm a fan of this game. It has a great replayability cause it has so many different characters to play. Also the shortest playthrough with 20 days takes about 3 hours. Thanks a lot for this great game. I hope I can work out how to accomplish goals with the other characters. This game is not easy, but hard to put away.

12. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    So far I only found some items like Nike and sunglasses etc that raised your stats

13. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    can someone clarify what 100 prisoners to play as, each with his own mission really means?

I want to buy this by nights end..

14. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Over 100 characters to choose from, as you play and achieve goals you unlock more of these characters. Each character has their own personal objective/ goal

15. Markku

Markku Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2011
    ok that's cool can you give me 2 examples of the goals? because 100 goals = lots of play time.

16. dreadnok

Jun 8, 2011
    Escape with 8 other prisoners
    Join heartbreak gang
    Cheat 5 times in gambling den (they'll kill you if caught)
    Master Steal and Stealth
    Steal from Frodo 5 times

17. lilgac

lilgac Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2013
    Besides goals, you can also attempt escape

18. Zeillusion

Zeillusion Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    Bought to support devs. Premium all be way!

Jeezus this game is hard. I have no idea what I'm doing. I seriously am derping hard. Some how 10 minutes into the game I managed to kill myself in the shower. After recruiting a friend I got beat up, bullied and ended up having no health.

I have NO idea what I'm doing.

10/10 would do it again.

19. williamsyee

williamsyee Well-Known Member

Jun 24, 2011
    SQA
    I found out Mad Doctor in prison clinic can help increase stat point.

e.g. +3 Luck required weather info x4, mirror x4, and $100 for that.
    e.g. +2 Strength required spoon x2, long nail x6, and $100

20. andreadeda

andreadeda Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2013
    How do you end up in prison clinic? i managed to survive 20 days with the clown (he must be one of the easiest characters to start with the big stash of money he has allowing to buy most of the stuff).
    I wil try now to escape using scofield (prison break reference).
    Game is fun and worth it's price