iPhone Prison Architect: Mobile (by Paradox Interactive)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by KeKhan, Apr 19, 2017.

1. houseofg

houseofg Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Oct 1, 2013
    Let me guess... Some a-hole have it one star because it's iPad only. Anyway, great to see it out early. Look forward to checking it out!

2. sabre31

sabre31 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2012
    On android it works on phones also. Not sure why not here and no I did not rate this game

3. RinoaHeartily

RinoaHeartily Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Damn I have to stop playing this game!! It's morally wrong!!! I don't want to build an electric chair and kill someone!! That's sick!

4. TheIronBeagle

TheIronBeagle Well-Known Member

Jul 10, 2016
    Hardcore gamer
    Gravity Falls
    To be fair, the CEO in the tutorial stresses how this isn't supposed to be your fault, that you're just carrying out a supposedly deserved sentence, etc. But I can see how the scenes and stories depicted in the campaign can be a turn off for some. I'm not sure how much more intense the game gets in the later chapters, but if you don't like the story and want to focus on the building aspect of it, you can ignore it completely and only do build mode.

5. Gave this a shot out of curiosity (and because the dev gave me the full game unlock) but it crashed after the first cutscene and the auto save set me back. Not enjoying it enough to replay parts I already finished, sadly. It is a weird contrast between the prison art and the Polaroid art. Probably intentional. But it seems all cutesy at first and then the Polaroids reminded me of those creepy Chick comics.

6. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Well, that was one of the more disturbing tutorials I've experienced, but at least they let you know what you're in for (oh, accidental pun). The tutorial is probably enough for most people to determine whether or not it's for them. I will say the sim is very well done but I'm not sure I can continue with it. Just a little too dark. I was waiting to see if I could switch the inmate's sentence to "life in prison," but never got the chance. It MIGHT have changed my mind if I knew such moral decisions would be mine. I don't particularly like the idea of running cable to fire up an electric chair, much less putting someone to death in said chair.

Graphics, animations, and overall depth indeed hit many of the right notes. I appreciate the work that was put into this relatively realistic simulation, but as they say, it's not for me. Enjoy if you can.

7. somedumbgamer

somedumbgamer Well-Known Member

May 4, 2013
    All the talk about being offended to electrocute an inmate IN A VIDEO GAME is too funny. It's just a bunch of pixels!!! Besides, what's wrong with the death sentence? I would rather see murderers, rapists and pediophiles removed from this world rather than using tax dollars for room and board on said scum.

8. Diegan

Diegan Active Member

Dec 31, 2010
    Dont be pansies!

9. Sloany

Sloany Well-Known Member

The campaign is completely optional and you don't need to use the electric chair in the free build mode which this game is supposed to be played in. The campaign is purely for tutorial only but there are 100's of guides out there that you can use instead if you so wish.

10. Kainamor

Kainamor Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2015
    With all the FPS, endless zombie games, puzzle or platform game where you die in anyway it's very surprising people are finding such a simple thing to act better than about. I mean there isn't even blood in this game. This is starting to tenind me of when I was in 2nd grade and all the parents were trying to ban mortal kombat. So anyway...
    The controls are pretty great. I was concerned about building and other controls to the touch screen but it works wonderfully. Basically if you need to build you can select what you want and the hotspot will be slightly above your finger until you pick a spot. So it's great because you can try it for free and get the rest for 15$. I will do an update once I jump into the paid part of the game, I have loved everything so far though.

11. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Anyone know how long the campaign is?

I wish it was possible to unlock everything seperatly for the same price as the full unlock.
    I'm really not sure about spending £14.99 on it, it'd be nice to be able to pay the £2.99 for the next campaign level, then £12 to unlock the rest.
    The PC version is currently £4.99 on the Humble Bundle store, I'm not sure if the iPad version is £10 better than the PC version.

And is anyone finding that this really heats up your iPad? I was charging it at the same time, but still I haven't had it get that hot for ages.

Apart from the iPad heating up, and the crashes, and a bug with the to-do list / report tabs over lapping each other sometimes, it does work well on iPad, the controls work fine.

12. Gluskap

Gluskap Well-Known Member

Sep 12, 2015
    I strongly advise you to not play these kinda games (CPU/GPU heavy, this time it's CPU) while charging. Because you'll just add much more heat to your battery and it will last less than expected. I don't know this version has the same size options for prisons, if so I bet our devices get hotter even more and we experience framerate drops more frequently.

Can anyone confirm this? Did someone build a huge prison? (and which ipad do you have?)

13. Zaroff

Zaroff Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Liked it on PC, tried it on the iPad. Good gameplay. Music sounds like it saturates / crackles even at low volume. This on an iPad Pro 12.

14. TheVimFuego

TheVimFuego Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2014
    Bummer, it's Autumn here. ;)

15. chamillion205

chamillion205 Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2011
    hotel cook
    BIRMINGHAM
    It crashes every time I try to load a save....

16. Beth

Beth Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Jan 29, 2014
    Professional do-nothing'er
    Eastern usa
    Just downloaded, so glad this has a premium unlock and isn't just F2P :)
    I would rather pay a premium price for a great game ...anyday:)
    Props to the devs for going this route ..

17. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    I hope they fix the crashing soon :(

18. iammike

iammike Active Member

Nov 19, 2012
    Middle of Vermont
    Surprised support is pretty much unanimous on this. I feel it's a very bad port and my only sandbox game was bug-riddled and not at all enjoyable. I'll stick to it on PC.

19. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    The App Store compatibility requirements are incorrect, which isn't helping things - the devs state it doesn't work on iPads with less than 1GB of RAM, but the compatibility requirements are "iOS 8, compatible with iPad", which includes iPad 2 etc.

Also it doesn't work very well on other iPads also, but they might be patching that I guess.
    But I don't know how much time to give them before I request a refund - I don't want to run out of time with Apple.

When it's working, it works fine though. So that does give me some hope at least.

20. Lickzy

Lickzy Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Oct 28, 2013
    Director of Sales
    Winnipeg, MB, Canada
    Dive in?

Can anyone comment on the full unlock? When you're actually building your prison, do different events take place? What's the attraction here?

I'm fine with paying 22 bucks for the unlock if it's going to be worth it. Can anyone share additional impressions, I'm very much onthe fence