Universal Princess And Knight (by TeamSoftIceCream)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Soft2010, Oct 13, 2014.

1. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Here is the developer's contact email.

*email: [email protected]

I sent an email to the developer about this game, and I received a response within a day.

2. Soft2010

Soft2010 Active Member

This is the answer to gameplay on iPad Pro.

The 4.1 version of the game on the App Store supports large resolutions.
    And the new iOS (8.0 ~ 11.3) has been tested.

Thank you for your interest in our game.

TeamSoftIceCream

3. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I realise this is an old game that has been updated so there probably wont be many followers but...

I bought the latest version and I am happy to say that it supports the iPad Pro 12.9" perfectly. :)

Now....the not so happy part.

This game is either totally brutal or I totally suck at turn based tactical rpg's (which I don't believe I do).
    First battle was easy peesy as to be expected. Lot of tutorial stuff there.

Second battle, one of my main characters got killed but I got a bad critical roll from an enemy. Okay I accept that. I reloaded a save and all progressed as expected.

Third battle I had my ass handed to me on a blood splattered plate after three turns! I have four characters in my army that seem to be almost glass cannons and I am battling eight enemies. I get 50% misses and the enemy seems to get 75% criticals!

Am I playing this wrong? I am trying to keep all my team alive to level them up but every replay on this level with different tactics gets at least one team mate killed. And just doing an action like drinking a health potion or equipping a piece of armour uses up my turn. It means I then cannot defend myself or even attack for that turn...very brutal indeed.

Perhaps I just need to let a team mate die? Is it not important to keep all the team alive?

I mean to say. I am only playing on normal difficulty...god knows what hard would be like! o_O.
    Maybe the new version of the game got the difficulty setting stuffed up??
    Who knows....the dev seems to have gone out of business. :(

I really, really want to fall in love with this game...the UI/stat feedback and general gameplay is what I love in a game,,,, but wow...I think I would rather get all my teeth pulled out than suffer the pain I am going through atm :((

4. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Have you ever contacted the developer?
    At least they seem to have been active until the end of May. :)

*email: [email protected]
    http://www.tsicgames.com/notice/march292018princessandknightv41emergencypatch

[​IMG]

I like TRPG very much. But according to the developer's interview, he confessed that this genre was hard to survive, except for a few. I wish them well.

5. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #65 stubbieoz, Sep 12, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    Thanks nyanpass.
    I will try a few more times and if I continue to get beaten up on this level I will shoot the devs an email.
    EDIT: I perservered and was finally able to complete the mission with everyone surviving. Thankfully the game then took me to a blacksmith store where I was finally able to sell and purchase items and reinforce my equipment. I think I now have a much better chance to continue the game.
    Oh and a side note, I find the decision by the devs to have head banging rock music as the background music in this game somewhat misguided. Thank goodness for the seperate volume control.

6. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #66 stubbieoz, Oct 13, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 13, 2018
    The game has just had another massive upgrade to the interface.
    There is also now three difficulty settings, so even a woose like me might be able to finish the game this time.
    The interface takes some getting used to, actually it makes the game seem like a brand new game.
    And thankfully the beep sound everytime you tapped something seems to have been removed, at least for the first couple of battles.
    I'm going to try and get some much needed game time set aside for this now...I reckon the devs deserve at least that much.

For an old App Store game this one certainly seems to keep getting some much appreciated love from the devs.

....I'll be back :p

7. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    Yeah, Upgarde & Android(GooglePlay) Release!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.SoftFactory.PrincessAndKnight

8. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    This is just a heads up.
    The game has been removed from the AppStore.
    I contacted the dev and they said they had to remove it as it was not financially possible to keep it and pay the yearly fee to Apple. This is not the first time a dev has removed their game for this reason.
    And apparently Apples AppStore is the only distributer that charges this fee. :mad:

So if you have the game (an excellent tactical rpg btw) installed on your device don’t remove it unless you have a backup and can reinstall it using a utility like iFunbox.

oh and btw, it has just been released on Steam for a rather cheap price.

9. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Awww, well that sucks.
    Hope the dev does a lot better on Steam! Thanks for the info.
    =)
    I'm gonna have to check out the PC version. I remember really enjoying this one, but deleted it about a year ago because of its size and my lack of space.

10. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Yeah I hear you.
    The old iOS shuffle.
    You buy games, you have limited storage with Apple devices, you temporarily remove some games to make way for new ones, you go to reinstall bought games and they are gone, removed by the dev. I have lost a considerable number of games because of this.
    I should have bought a Samsung all those years ago. :(

The Steam version of the game has a few UI tweaks, a new enchanting system and now able to equip stuff in battle without using a turn.
    Unfortunately the graphics haven’t been touched so it does look pixelated and not as sharp as they are on an iPad.
    But it is still the excellent game it was before so I can easily recommend you get it if you no longer has access to the iOS version.

I actually emailed the dev and asked about the iOS version and how I was disappointed it was removed and they sent me a Steam code for the pc version as compensation. Might be worth a try as they seem to be pretty reasonable developers and are genuinely sorry that they could not continue with iOS.
    Their email:
    [email protected]

11. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Yeah.... perils of the AppStore I guess.
    =P
    But it's cool they offered you a code.
    I've already bought it, though I haven't booted it up yet. Probably going to wait until Thursday, my next off day - but I'm curious to check out the enchanting system. Graphics isn't really a big thing for me unless it's a game focused on atmosphere or is trying to use the graphics to add to the story. Otherwise they're kinda just sprinkles on top of a massive banana split, so it being pixelated isn't an issue (again, IMO).
    Thanks for the info!

12. Soft2010

Soft2010 Active Member

#72 Soft2010, Oct 31, 2020
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2020
    "Prince And Knight" Updated version of app store to v8.16
    Princess And the Knight version 8.16 has changed a lot, because in the meantime we have been thinking about the system of the Princess And Knight 2 game, and updated v8.16 with the data of the existing game on the system of Princess And Knight 2.
    And the next game for our team is unfortunate, but it seems to be a small story game with lots of resources.

Then see you in the next game.

PS. A free version of Princess And Knight with limited functionality was also released.
    Free version Link : https://apps.apple.com/us/app/princess-and-knight-original/id994061979

TSICGAMES (formerly TeamSoftIceCream) Email: [email protected]

-Princess And Knight v8.16 Update -
    1. Change of game system from faction turn system to individual turn system
    2. Game Play Icon change
    3. Add skill type of hero character
    4. Remove random upgrade when upgrading equipment.
    5. Skill motion, skill effect, buff effect added
    6. Game user interface changes
    7. Game image upgrade
    8. Game control changes
    9. Add Items
    10. Add Tutorial Stage
    11. Text font change
    12. Add Illustration selection function (Not in the free version.)

V 8.16 Play video :

v8.16 Preview

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  13. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Note;
    Old saves are not compatible with this new version.
    Because of this there should have been added an option to delete save files.

To the developer;
    There is no longer the option to select the difficulty setting of the game at the beginning. Is this an omission or intentional?
    If it is intentional what difficulty is the game set to now?

Thank you for still supporting this great game.

14. Soft2010

Soft2010 Active Member

The removal of the difficulty selection is intentional.
    Instead, we emphasized the concept of bosses in battles in the game a little more.
    It is an easy difficulty level if you constantly upgrade and replace equipment and understand the skill.
    Of course, if you do not upgrade or change equipment at all and do not understand the skill, it will be a difficult battle due to the mid-to-late bosses and elite characters of the game.

15. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #75 stubbieoz, Nov 1, 2020
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2020
    Thank you for confirming that the single difficulty was intentional. :)

I have started a new game and the difficulty seems to be better balanced than in the original version.
    The difficulty in this game has always been a bit too hard imho, and I will admit I did play the original game in the easy difficulty.

The whole iOS interface has been redesigned I see. I am still unsure if I like it when compared to the original. The UI is now much more pronounced and it does seem to take up a lot of the screen on my iPad Pro.
    I will add my comments on this later after some more time playing.

But I don’t want to sound negative yet as it has been a very nice surprise to see this game been given some new support.
    I still maintain that this game, and Tactics Maiden (unfortunately the mobile version of Tactics Maiden is no longer supported by the developer, grrrr) are among the best tactical turn based games available on iOS.

edit;
    oh, almost forgot. I have the Steam version of the game also. Will that be getting this update as well? Thanks.

Son of Anarchy likes this.
  16. Soft2010

Soft2010 Active Member

The reason the game's UI takes up a lot of the screen is that the standard of this game is the iPhone.
    I think it is definitely necessary to add a UI targeting the big screen iPad.
    We'll adjust our schedule and add an iPad-specific UI.
    And we will update the Steam game as well. But iPhone and computer games are very different. So, we plan to update the Steam game after the next game currently in development is completed.
    We are a small developer, so it takes time, so I hope you understand.
    Thank you for your interest.

stubbieoz likes this.
  17. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    i don't know this game, its story driven ? there is some end game content ? some replayability ? i love this type of game

18. Soft2010

Soft2010 Active Member

-Princess And Knight v8.17 Update -
    1. Add 4:3 screen optimization UI
    2. Option: Added skill icon movement speed

v8.17 iPad (4:3) Preview
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

19. Soft2010

Soft2010 Active Member

Game "The Princess and the Princess" is an SRPG game with a selection or automatic storage function and the end of the story.

AltsKev likes this.
  20. stubbieoz

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    Thank you for the preview of the 8.17 patch. I look forward to it being released. It’s a great improvement.
    The screenshots look very good compared to how the game is currently played on an iPad.

I have not yet completed the game but I have played for many, many, hours. So I don’t know if there is some end game content. My guess would be no, but the dev can confirm. The game is very linear so you may or may not like that. I’m fine with it, but because of this there would be very limited replayability.

The story is nothing all that new, knight has to save princess type stuff, but the story is not the main focus and the translation is unfortunately somewhat lacking at times.
    But the combat is where the game shines. This should please you if it is a tactical rpg you are looking for.

If you want, there is a demo available over on Steam for the pc version which should give you a good indication of what the game plays like, though keep in mind that the UI is a lot different on pc, especially now with the updated mobile UI.

AltsKev likes this.