Prince of Persia Retro

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by lord-sam, May 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lord-sam

lord-sam Well-Known Member

Feb 25, 2009
    United Kingdom
    It's not, it says it is on their website but they probably haven't changed it. Maybe their date was when the movie was originally meant to come out?

Shame I got no mention on TA front page article though! :( XD

2. vushnick

vushnick Member

Jan 5, 2010
    www.davidmiles.us
    Gameloft's birthday?

I also loved this game. It sounds like it was created in a hurry so it's amazing that it did so well :). Maybe Gameloft is releasing it as part of their 10th anniversary giveaway! In case you don't know, follow @gameloft on twitter May 10th - 21st where they announce the game they are making free for 2 hours each day(not weekends) (total of 10 .. there's been 7 so far (I think).

3. kaB00M

kaB00M Well-Known Member

The original version was awesome! I loved.
    I can't wait next month.

4. sureshvs

sureshvs Well-Known Member

Yeah, it would be really interesting to check out the controls. But boy, sure brings back memories! I feel pretty old saying that, but still... loved the game! :)

5. nephilim apps

nephilim apps Well-Known Member

May 30, 2009
    Paraeducator
    Roseville California
    This isn't Gamelofts game.

6. Left of screen: Right, left
    Right of screen: Jumps, potions(above attack, like in IMO or something), attack/use.

Easy, I don't see the problem?

And in Europe, no PoP here either.

7. originalcopy

originalcopy Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2009
    Looks interesting. I would like to know if there hasnt been already a PoP classic unofficial release for a jailbreak enabled iphone already. :p

8. Gsmokey

Gsmokey Well-Known Member

May 19, 2010
    Yes this is the ubisoft version pop not the gameloft/ubisoft prince of Persia warrior within but what I want to know is this the original 1989 classic or the 2007 xbox live classic remake that was in 2d some site show the old 89 original screenshots others show the 2d xbox live remake which is it going to be

9. Fruho

Fruho Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Gameloft Employee
    Under Your Bed
    This was a really awesome find by the OP

10. kaB00M

kaB00M Well-Known Member

11. elimcfly

elimcfly Well-Known Member

Jun 16, 2009
    By then I won't really care about it since the Gameloft version will be out and seems to be quite fun especially with the Sands of Time Gimmick.

12. 7h30n

7h30n Well-Known Member

Jun 8, 2010
    Sorry if this has been mentioned already, but does anyone know how to get the "big" power up potion that gives additional health point in Level 5?

As I recall when I played the game long time ago you could open the door and close it as Shadow/Dark Prince appeared and stop him from taking the potion.
    But on iPhone Shadow/Dark Prince goes through the closed door as if there is no door at all... Is that a bug?

Edit: Aw... I posted this in the topic in Upcoming games ... (search gave it priority or smth...) I'm gonna repost in "iPhone & iTouch games" subforum's topic.

Mods can delete this

13. twittedapps

twittedapps Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    where the f**k is the App?

I bough this great game and now looks like it's not longer present on App Store, I can't download it again! is that possible or is just my Spanish store?