Price Drops

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Burgkcros223, Jul 4, 2009.

1. Burgkcros223

Burgkcros223 Member

Feb 20, 2009
    I recently purchased Toki Tori and Beat rider for 9.98, granted they are both worth that. I think it is bullshit you can get them both for 1.98 now. I think apps should hold out longer at their starting price. They are great games, and I guess they are trying to get noticed by having a super low price. Just sucks for my unlucky ass.

2. Rocketman919

Rocketman919 Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Cali-forn-i-a
    Ha! Sucks for you! Devs can do whatever the hell they want with their prices, they shouldnt have restrictions on it. Most devs are just testing the market to see which price will make them the most cash. Thats life, get used to it.

Be grateful its only 8 bucks. If you think about it its not that much. If you bought a videogame and then the next week they were selling it for 10 dollars less, you wouldnt think much of it, even though it dropped more than the iphone games.

3. VoodooVyper

VoodooVyper Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2009
    Do you get mad when you buy a Xbox 360 game for $60 and find it a year later in the bargain bin for $20 or $30? It happens, it's not unusual. If you made something and priced it and it sold good at first, but then came to a halt, what would you do?

4. Harejordan

Harejordan Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2009
    Library Page
    San Jose, CA
    Recently games have been dropping in prices to compete with the current market, which is flooded by great titles at $0.99. I've noticed many games recently drop in price weeks, heck even days after release. Chances are there is gonna be a price drop for most popular games, it's all a matter of time. Doom Resurrection looks great, but I'll bet that $9.99 will drop within a month or 2.
    What it comes down to is, how badly you want the game when it first comes out.

5. MunkieSuthorn

MunkieSuthorn Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2009
    IT Manager
    Connecticut, USA
    Latley

and I mean lately as in the past 2 weeks, games come out at an exaggerated price, and then 24 hours later drop to 99 cents.

Yes, it is the developers right to do what they please, however they must also understand that they are hurting themselves as well.

People that read the forums such as these, and watch 5 to 10 times a day to see what is new, will now just balk at the thought of buying games at their original price. When it becomes common place for these costing measures, people will expect a drop after X amount of time. We are not talking a year, just a mere 24 to 72 hours.

And yes, how bad do you want the game, versus how bad to you need your money in this economic climate.

I do believe a lot of these developers are their own worst enemies.

Munkie!

6. synagence

synagence Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Its still though, as some games/apps that are true value and high quality have never reduced their price and still remain high in the charts...

Seems people will pay for quality but it is annoying to see games dropping by several pounds less than a week after launch