Preview: Digger

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by SioSae, Feb 14, 2009.

1. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    how about giving it to app store for free at the moment? you will not get money so they are not able to do anything. and after an update (that would make the game much different than boulder dash) you could give it a price.
    hm?

2. SioSae

SioSae Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #22 SioSae, Feb 16, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2009
    First Star Software dont want me to release it "...commercially or even for free..." so I "...can avoid getting into any trouble..." and like Skywardsgames said: his game (wich also was based on the same game i remade with mine) was removed from the app store and it had different graphix.

EDIT: but actually I dont know why, because after some research i found at least that the UK's Court of Appeal has ruled, General ideas and structures behind computer games and programs can be copied as long as the source code and graphics are not. Ok its the UK, and I am from germany and First Star Software is from the US. And I didn't copy any graphics. But if Apple removed Skywardsgames Digga, they will remove mine too. No doubt about that.

3. SioSae

SioSae Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    and it became Gopher

Hi there,

after long negotiations the now called game GOPHER will be released with permission of First Star Software, Inc. starting in Europe first and word wide later on.

Let's hope Apple wont take long for the review process.

have fun,
    SioSae

4. pante

pante Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2009
    somewhere
    YES!
    can you tell us the estimate release date or you just submitted it?
    any screenshots?

5. SioSae

SioSae Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    #25 SioSae, Mar 22, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 22, 2009
    submitted it only three days ago. dont know how long it will take usually to review it from apple!?

here is a screenshot of the changed graphics:
    [​IMG]

I will update the video shown on www.siosae.de too so the new look will be seen there too.

6. Crowing

Crowing Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2009
    Cutco knifes salesman
    Claremont, CA
    Didnt you try and get this game passed through apple already? How will this time around be any different from the last time? Sorry i love this game and i cant wait for it to come out, i just want to no how and maybe i can help ya somehow :)

7. spamboy

spamboy Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2008
    #27 spamboy, Mar 23, 2009
    Last edited: Mar 23, 2009
    COOL! It's coming!

8. CandyNJ66

CandyNJ66 Well-Known Member

Feb 18, 2009
    Writer
    This thread belongs in the Upcoming Games Board :)

9. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    Long negotiations? I hope you didn't get screwed into some sort of royalty deal...although if you're not looking to make any money, it probably doesn't matter. Just be careful though, and at the very least find someone who can offer legal counsel...even if you don't need it now, you never know when you might!

10. SioSae

SioSae Well-Known Member

Feb 14, 2009
    No I didn't. I tried and canceled it after i had begun negotiations with FSS. It is in the review process right now and will be released soon I hope. Although i had to make some compromises, maybe I can list them in a new Thread...

... in the Upcoming Games Board, because I don't know how to move this thread by myself and i want to rename the Thread anyway because the game is called Gopher now (due to other copyright restrictions).

Thank your for your concerns and advice. I hope I never need them but had a specialized lawyer on my side during the negotiations. Unfortunatelly i can't tell you more.

Have fun,
    SioSae