Universal Prevail (by JohnnyTwoShoes)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by joshsslade, Jan 28, 2017.

1. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    #81 Dailon80, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    Maybe you misunderstood me or didn't get I was saying I don't want a refund at all even if it's fake
    I could give a sh$$ less about 5$ is that better
    I don't want a refund no matter what
    I have spent over 2500$ in the App Store between my us and Japan account and have bought games for 30$ so don't misjudge me or Try to talk crazy to me
    Happy gaming and save your insults cuz I could've been someone who is legitimately poor and your comments would be terrible
    Also have fun sucking on your Big Macs
    This sucks cuz I don't ever have to go off on anyone here
    I love this site but people are starting to make it uncool

2. blue rocket

blue rocket Well-Known Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Guys... the game isn't fake. The dev posted the link in the upcoming game thread.

My 2 cents is that it's been a WIP for some time, never properly finished or tested it, since J2S went their separate ways they just decided to release it as is and see what happens.

I'm not sure I'd expect much more from it at this point, maybe a couple bug fixes. The game is pretty neat and has potential but clearly has not been in development straight for 6 years... maybe 2 max with a lot of pauses and breaks...

Hoping I'm wrong and the game will get proper after release support, but it holding my breath!

If this was a game the dev had a lot of passion for you'd have seen a lot more effort with the release, in fact any effort at all with the release would be more than what just happened.

3. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    Thanks for the update blue rocket

4. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

This is our theory as well at this point. Still waiting to hear back from the developers.

5. reverand79

reverand79 Member

Feb 5, 2015
    lol now I'm really laughing man! Your "going off" and cussing with dollar sign pics! I just said I found y'all's banter amusing, wrote I wasn't hating, yet you feel insulted? Take a pill and smile big guy, everything's gonna be alright...

6. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Oh dear that's even worse then I thought x.x .. 5$ is a lot I get iTunes cards rarely so I try to spend it on something decent this looked decent till the bugs hit and if it's not getting anymore updates ..yea I'm refunded soon as I get the email I'm not taking a chance on this buggy mess x.x i learned something ..don't jump at new games especially if there paid ..

7. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    #87 stubbieoz, Jan 29, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2017
    I don't know about Happy meals because I don't like clowns.
    Though I recently bought a pie (cost me $3.50) and when I bit into it, it was cold. So I took it back to the shop and told them to either fix it and heat it up, or give me a refund.

Sometimes it the principle rather than the money. #

Edit;
    Forgot to add that they gave me a third option that I took......a new hot pie.

8. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    The game works fine on my iPhone 6 10.0.2, but I have no idea how to play. Weak tutorial, and the majority are YouTube videos rather than in game. I don't want to sit through a bunch of videos just to play the game.

It does seem incomplete and I'd have to agree with the others theories. It's pretty cool as it is, I just wish it had a better tutorial in place. If this is unfinished, I wonder what the finished project would've been like... too bad.

Has anyone reached out for comment?

9. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    All good man no harm done
    Sorry if I came across a jerk
    Forgive me rev :)
    Didn't realize you were the rev now I repent
    Happy gaming

10. Reaganomics

Reaganomics Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2009
    Straight legit.

11. cowboykevin

cowboykevin New Member

Oct 5, 2013
    My guess is the app is legit and it was released in it's current form because:
    A. The dev got tired of people asking when it would be released.
    or
    B. The dev didn't have the resources to complete the game and fix all the bugs so he released in order to make a few bucks now.

I'm just happy it was released. I've had three kids graduate since the game was initially announced. :)

12. Delusionaltool

Delusionaltool Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2009
    ohio
    I think with the pedigree of these devs and how proud of their games they are the description they give and the 1 picture is not how this was intended on release. No dev who makes a game that takes 5 years this is 2 brothers working on this thing would release their game like this.

13. zen_mode

zen_mode Well-Known Member

Feb 8, 2015
    Sydney
    Doesn't explain the four word description.

14. blue rocket

Nov 27, 2013
    Frankly -- for what it's worth, the game is pretty fun and unique. As is I'd say it's worth $5 --- played some real clunkers that cost around the same amount that I deleted 2 minutes later!

15. Dailon80

Nov 10, 2014
    Eos
    I watched all the tutorial videos and I'm liking it a lot
    Space taxi is fun

16. blue rocket

Nov 27, 2013
    Just doing a little googling... did they up the price already?

[​IMG]

17. reverand79

reverand79 Member

Feb 5, 2015
    Haha! Alls good in the hood amigo. #

18. reverand79

reverand79 Member

Feb 5, 2015
    really well said. Buying games in the App Store is getting a bit like feeding coins into the new cabinet at the old arcade. Hit or miss and short lived at best. Still incredulous that bioshock got tossed the way it did. I sank 15 bones on that dead whale. Call me ahab...#

19. triwolf

triwolf Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Sep 5, 2012
    So.. This game is being compared to No Man's Sky, that I passed on PC because of the horrible reviews... So can anyone describe the gameplay ? I'm rather intrigued by this game.

20. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    I saw that as well... I noticed seeing the other apps when searching for them and when trying to see all apps from the developers this didn't show up.