Preferred way to buy cards for fantasy strategy card/board game?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by GameViewPoint, Jul 7, 2012.

?

Preferred way to purchase new cards?

1. Blind buy pack, 5 card set, randomly selected from each card category, guaranteed 1 powerful card.

22.2%
  2. Blind buy pack, 5 card set all from a category, randomly selected, guaranteed 1 powerful card.

22.2%
  3. Blind buy card, randomly selected individual card from any category.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Blind buy card, 1 card from a card category, randomly selected from that category.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Pre-selected 5 card pack, you see what you are buying, 1 from each category, 1 powerful card

22.2%
  6. Pre-selected 5 card pack from same category, you see what you are buying, 1 powerful card.

22.2%
  7. Pre-selected card, 1 card that you can see what it is before buying.

11.1%
  1. GameViewPoint

GameViewPoint Active Member

Feb 4, 2012
    #1 GameViewPoint, Jul 7, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2012
    I'm currently developing an iOS strategy fantasy game card/board game, and I'm interested in what are players preferred ways to purchase extra cards?

2. GameViewPoint

Feb 4, 2012
    Or anyone got views on purchasing extra cards in iOS games?

3. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I like the way it's done in Shadow Era. You have starter sets with preselected cards, booster packs with random stuff, and a market for individual cards when you just need something specific.

4. GameViewPoint

Feb 4, 2012
    That's an interesting idea, to have both booster (random) and pre-selected packs as options, are they bought with an in-game currency? I see something called crystals?

5. Darth Ronfar

Darth Ronfar Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    Animal related
    LA
    Crystals buy packs, gold buys cards... Both are earned in similar ways playing matches winning etc.. Except u can sell cards for gold, crystals can only be used to by booster pack most of which are just sold back to the store to buy the cards you want/need.

6. Shaban

Shaban Active Member

Jun 26, 2012
    Game developper
    Geneva
    From the experience we have from Moonga

Is a good way. It's important that new player can have early on the game new cards coming mostly from player who buy a lot and give the cards for cheap price. It's interesting to have different rarity to give card a real value.