Universal [Pre-Order]Tactical RPG "ReversiQuest2" is coming to AppStore!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Ryoht, Nov 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ryoht

Ryoht New Member

Jul 22, 2014
    Tactical RPG "ReversiQuest2" is coming to AppStore!
    Check from here!
    http://appstore.com/reversiquest2

“Reversi Quest 2” is a tactical board RPG featuring a strategic battle system based on Reversi and a simple Japanese Sugoroku style stage. It is also a Google Indie Game Festival 2018 Top 20 award-winner and the sequel to “Reversi Quest” which is available on the Xbox One. There is no need to know the previous “Reversi Quest” to enjoy “Reversi Quest 2.”

Advance through Sugoroku-like fields full of gimmicks and progress through the story while battling with Reversi! Even those who are unskilled at Reversi have boundless ways to win! The strategies exist indefinitely, so there are various ways to enjoy the game!

The whole Prologue is available for everyone as a free trial.
    After purchasing the Full Version, every single chapter of the game will be available to play.
    Currently, there are 4 out of 9 chapters available to play, and the rest will be added in future updates.
    We look forward to entertaining everyone! 

Reversi Quest 2 is a single-player tactical JRPG with a battle system based on Reversi.
    Those good ole days of pixel art, characters, and sounds reminiscent of
    video games of the mid 90's - all on a smartphone for your nostalgic needs!

Attached Files:

L.Lawliet, Gwarmaxx and nyanpass like this.
  2. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    #2 nyanpass, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    it looks great! :>

Reversi Quest2 (by Yokogosystems / Shigeyoshi Yokogoshi)

[​IMG]

*AppStore
    https://itunes.apple.com/app/reversiquest2/id1182545332

*GooglePlay
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.yokogosystems.reversiquest2

ReversiQuest2 is a single-player tactical JRPG with a battle system based on Reversi.
    Those good ole days of pixel art, characters, and sounds reminiscent of
    video games of the mid 90's - all on a smartphone for your nostalgic needs!

*Non-social.
    *No need to know the previous ReversiQuest to enjoy ReversiQuest2!
    *Playable offline(internet required only for in-app purchases).

●Sharpen Your Tactics!●
    Stay alert! Every move drastically turns the tide of the battle!
    Never give up, even on a verge of death - a victorious reversal awaits!
    The strategies are infinite! Triumph over enemies with Reversi skills,
    various characters, gears, or spells...the choice is yours!

●Story and Gameplay●
    A young man who grew up in a remote village in Othellia Island, Nym,
    saves a girl named Imogen from a monster...but how will their fate turn out?
    Advance through board game-like fields full of gimmicks in a sandbox world
    drawn all in quarter view and pixel art!

●You'll Enjoy this Game if...●
    ・you love JRPGs from the mid 90's
    ・you love a stark worldview
    ・you love strategic battles
    ・you love one-time purchases with no worries of gacha or stamina systems

*Only the "Prologue" is available as a free trial.
    After a one-time purchase of the Full Version, you'll be authorized to play the rest.
    We thought of making this game free-to-play to earn income
    through advertisements and microtransactions, but we really
    wanted to value the atmosphere and quality of a console game,
    so we've decided to make a free trial version of the game available to
    everyone along with the choice to be able to purchase the full version.
    We thank you for your understanding.

L.Lawliet likes this.
  3. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    ReversiQuest2 supports Japanese and English.
    check out the trailer. ;)

L.Lawliet likes this.
  4. nyanpass

Dec 30, 2017
    #4 nyanpass, Nov 5, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2018
    Reversi Quest2 (by Yokogosystems / Shigeyoshi Yokogoshi)

[​IMG]

* Story

The story is set in Othellia Island which is ruled by King Othellia and the three princes. There is a village at the frontier in the region of Northeastern Arpingham in Othellia Island. Because this village is surrounded by mountains, there are very few exchanges with the outside world.

A young man, Nym, was preparing to deliver something to his uncle who works at the Forest of Vallo. His eyes being full of curiosity, he seeks into the unseen world out from the isolated village.

On the way to his uncle's place in the Forest of Vallo, Nym saves a girl from a goblin. The girl's name is Imogen. Although she came to the Forest of Vallo for a certain purpose, she got separated from her friends and got attacked by goblins that usually should have stayed calm. This encounter will be changing the fate of Nym and Imogen tremendously...

* Features

- Retro SNES-like pixel art graphics and BGMs of the mid 90's

The maps and characters drawn in quarter view remind us of those days that were full of games that were actually like video games. The character portraits drawn with a touch of realism that are rarely seen nowadays and the BGMs reproduced with SNES sound sources enhance the retro atmosphere of the game.

[​IMG]

- A profound battle system based on Reversi
    Immerse yourself in the thrilling battles based on Reversi! Turning the tables from a point of death with one successful reversal will have you hooked on the game in no time! Prepare for a more intensive battle with treasure chests and special panels full of surprises awaiting on the battlefields! Character Units, which can also be placed on top of enemy pawns, have been added to the game for an even more exciting and victorious reversal!

[​IMG]

- A board game-like map full of events
    Move one panel at a time as you would in a board game. The direction in which you can advance will differ by map. Look ahead, think wisely, and choose your path. At times you will encounter characters, treasure chests, and / or hidden treasures on the battlefields. Explore and find hidden areas within the maps where only certain characters will be able to advance into!

[​IMG]

raravan and L.Lawliet like this.
  5. L.Lawliet

L.Lawliet Well-Known Member

Jun 28, 2011
    I played the first area of the game and let me tell you. GOTW definitely, GOTY possibly. It's rarely do I see a quality JRPG on mobile. (Though this plays a bit differently than an RPG) I can't wait till it releases to the public :)

6. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I dunno man, I watched the trailer and that moving one space at a time like it was looked so tedious, I wasn’t even playing it and I was getting annoyed. I’ll probably still give it a try because offline/premium without social gimmicks are few and far between nowadays but even literal board games allow players to move multiple spots at a time, unless I missed something from the video? See, you said you played the first area? So I can see how it’d seem fun and different but what about after hours of it? Just having legit concerns and asking legit questions :)