Universal [RELEASED] Rip Them Off - Puzzle strategy meets tower defense

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by MatLoz, Jul 14, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MatLoz

MatLoz Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Dev @ Lozange Lab
    France
    RTO_SteamHeaderlCapsule_460x215.png

Hello there, My name is Mat, and I'm working on Rip Them Off with my partner Ava. We’re a small husband-and-wife team making this game with love and care and we just announced it a few days ago.
    This is our 4th game, after The Unic, Swim Out, and Shuttle Shuffle.

Rip Them Off is a satirical management / tower defense puzzler hybrid. You'll line up the streets with shops and the masses will come to your maze of retail outlets, it's up to you to create the best possible arrangement and maximize profit!

Rip_Them_Off_Gif15.gif

Rip Them Off is easy to play but hard to master. Take on increasingly difficult challenges as you succeed with each level! We focus on unique concepts and styles, and we hope you enjoy this new take on the genre.

Release is planned on September 24, but you can already preorder it on the AppStore.

A few links if you're interested for more:
    - iOS (available as preorder)
    - Also on Steam! (wishlist)
    - Coverage on TouchArcade!
    - Reveal trailer
    - Rip Them Off's website with more fancy gifs and screenshots!

2. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Looks like great fun, gonna play it as soon as it hits, loved Swim Out.

3. MatLoz

MatLoz Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Dev @ Lozange Lab
    France
    Thank you Roger !

4. MatLoz

MatLoz Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Dev @ Lozange Lab
    France
    Choose your locations, pick your stores and earn enough to advance up the corporate ladder with the increasingly difficult challenges

ezgif.com-optimize.gif

5. MatLoz

MatLoz Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Dev @ Lozange Lab
    France
    Important message from the Board:

In case you missed it, last weekend we debuted 5 WHOLE MINUTES of never-before-seen Rip Them Off gameplay. This is the best introduction video on how it works. Consider this as your Rip Them Off 101:

Blog post with text version

ste86uk likes this.
  6. MatLoz

MatLoz Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Dev @ Lozange Lab
    France
    Rip Them Off Beta Test Sign-up is LIVE!

Please help us make Rip Them Off the best it can be by participating in our beta test

Hey friends!

Mat and Ava here from Lozange Lab. In just over a month we're launching our new puzzle / tower defense game Rip Them Off. We can't wait!

But ahead of our September 24th launch, we need YOUR help. That's right, we're launching a beta test program that'll give you the chance to play Rip Them Off before anyone else, and become an integral part of our development process by providing us with essential feedback on your experience.

Using your feedback, we'll be able to further balance the game, learn what you love, what you think could be improved, what might be missing from the experience, etc. Your feedback is essential for us to release the absolute best game possible, one that you'll want to play and recommend to your friends.

Excitingly, we're giving selected beta testers the option to have their name credited in the game, as our way of saying thank you for providing us with your wonderful feedback.

The selected players will also be invited to an exclusive Discord server where you'll be able to feedback to us directly (or fill out our feedback form if you'd prefer!). Of course, this means you'll also have the opportunity to ask us any questions that you may have about the game, our previous games like Swim Out, or game development in general.

If you are interested in beta testing Rip Them Off, and providing detailed feedback that will help us to improve the game, please be sure to fill out the form linked below:

RIP THEM OFF BETA TEST RECRUITMENT FORM : https://forms.gle/h77RtgKWe61HKxxy7

Your support is invaluable to indie developers like us here at Lozange Lab, and we would be incredibly grateful if you were to lend us a hand with the final, crucial stage of development of Rip Them Off. We can't wait to get you in the game and experiencing our satirical puzzle / tower defense / management game for yourselves!

If you don't have time to sign up for our beta test, you can still preorder Rip Them Off!

ste86uk likes this.
  7. ROGER-NL

ROGER-NL Well-Known Member

May 21, 2012
    Male
    Gamer.
    THE NETHERLANDS
    Signed in.

MatLoz likes this.
  8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Done, looks interesting.

MatLoz and ROGER-NL like this.
  9. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I don’t know if it’s just me but I tried twice for a couple of minutes now and closed it each time. The first time I had no idea what was going on and couldn’t get anything to start.

The second time I figured out how to start it but no idea what I was actually suppose to do and failed so closed the game again.

Also the intro video was a bit long the first time although I seen the second time I could skip it.

10. MatLoz

MatLoz Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2014
    Dev @ Lozange Lab
    France
    @ste86uk Unless there was a bug and texts/things did not appear on your device you should have instructions in the tutorial level. But it's true that for now the tutorial is a bit light, but we're totally focused on improving the first time user experience.
    Please leave your feedback in the corresponding form instead of here, it helps us to centralize everything at the same place.

ste86uk likes this.
  11. ste86uk

May 9, 2012
    I’ll leave it there instead then and no I don’t think the tutorial told me anything it shown me a clip of people going into places but didn’t really explain anything and then started a level where it wanted me to do something and explained nothing at all.

And I’m usually very intuitive with games and prefer little handholding.