Universal [Pre-Order Oct 13th] Basketball Odyssey

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by sone87, Sep 15, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sone87

sone87 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Hey everyone! My name is Rubén Pecellin and I would like to talk you about the new game that I've developed called Basketball Odyssey and will be available on October 13th, 2021.

Basketball Odyssey is a relaxing yet challenging basketball game with 8-bit retro aesthetics and easy one handed controls. A similar game like its brother Golf Odyssey but trying to give another look and with some new features.

You can complete all hoops to unlock new worlds, play a new every day with the daily challenge mode or enjoy a journey of calm and relaxation due to its music and ambient sounds.

Pre-order now: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/basketball-odyssey/id1579373496

Features:

• Complete all hoops to unlock new and challenging worlds.
    • Easy one handed controls.
    • Play daily challenges. A new basketball world every day!
    • Complete the hoops to get stars and rank up!
    • 8-bit retro aesthetics with pixel art.
    • A wonderful and relaxing soundtrack.
    • Casual yet addictive basketball experience.
    • Optimised for the latest iOS devices.

More info: Developer Twitter

Other games here

Asp likes this.
  2. PBSNellie

PBSNellie Well-Known Member

Jul 7, 2013
    Southern CA
    This looks like it might have a Desert Golf feel to it. I'll definitely try!

sone87 likes this.
  3. sone87

sone87 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Yeah, in my other game Golf Odyssey I have a lot of users that came from Desert Golf and enjoyed a lot (you can take a look if you want to have an idea about this new game because is very similar but with some differences about the theme and other new features, of course). Also, the good reception of Golf Odyssey has been the reason to develop this and try to make a better game than the last. I hope that people enjoy the same or maybe more if is possible.

Regards

4. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    I love the look and the concept, and Golf Odyssey is definitely reason enough to pick this up.

I had a thought about potential expansions. When you say “unlock new worlds,” it would be neat if some of them had different gravities, which would change the physics and the whole approach to hitting a basket. I’m picturing a Moon world where you could hit crazy distances, or a planet with higher gravity that would be an advanced challenge.

In any event, already preordered!

sone87 likes this.
  5. sone87

sone87 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Wow, thank you so much for the kind words!

Your suggestions sounds amazing and in fact I had some on mind but while I was developing the game I found that maybe could be hardest than Golf Odyssey and I have had to focus to make more accessible but trying to get the same feeling and satisfaction when you complete a challenge. I hope to get some feedback when the game is released and decide what to do.

Regards

6. sone87

sone87 Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2012
    I would like to thank you all for pre-orders. I never imagine to have this support, thank you so much again. Tomorrow is the day!

Regards.

7. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA