Universal [Pre-Order - July 30] Interloper by Anchorite, Space Combat Simulator.

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by physicalpariah, Jan 20, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    How’s the game going? Is it still going to be available in 2 weeks?

2. physicalpariah

physicalpariah Well-Known Member

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Yep! I’m just going through a final balance and bug pass, then I’ll submit one last build to the AppStore, hopefully this week. From there on it’s just focusing on trying to get as much attention as possible from publications and influencers leading up to launch.

Also sorry for being quiet these past couple days. Super busy times right now.

Jstorm likes this.
  3. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Hola all,

Just want to let you all know that I'll be turning off the testflight link in the next day or so.

Once the game's been out for a bit and I've dealt with whatever bugs arise after the initial launch I'll probably boot up a new private testflight for testing new features and major version updates.

Feel free to let me know here if you'd be interested in that!

Thanks again so so much for all the help and enthusiasm here on the Toucharcade forums. I know I've said this a thousand times, but it's been a pleasure building this game with your help!

Cheers,
    - Matt.

4. Heath Close

Heath Close Active Member

Jul 10, 2017
    Male
    Game Developer / Sound Designer
    Fort Worth, TX
    I love how your view is in portrait.

5. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Thanks @Heath Close!

That said you can totally play in landscape too!

6. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I bet this would fit very well on VR as well.

7. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Hah it’s crossed my mind more than a couple times.

8. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Well, I just bought the Oculus Quest, and kinda disappointed with the game line up. Most of them are gun shooters, and yes there is a CoD game (jeez), and only 1 space combat flight game which isn’t getting favorable reviews due to the game seemingly sold unfinished.

You really should consider a VR port once you are settled with the mobile version.

9. Zahaguy

Zahaguy Active Member

Jan 8, 2019
    Male
    Game looks fantastic! Appreciate iCloud support too. Will the game run smoothly on an iPad Air 2 & iPhone 7 ? Thanks & good luck @ launch

10. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    @Jstorm I'll deal with this launch first haha. See where things go after that!

@Zahaguy I do all my testing on an iPhone 8 and 2018 iPad Pro. On both of those devices it runs smooth at maximum graphics + frame rate, but it does get hot on the iPhone 8. By default the game is set to high graphics but 30fps, and if that doesn't run well, you can always enable the power saver feature to drop graphics further.

I'm thinking that one of the early feature patches I'll do is an auto detect for graphics options, and to allow more granularity in graphic fidelity.

Also worth noting, I'll be shutting down the public testflight link tomorrow.

11. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Hi all, as noted yesterday, the testflight group has now been removed. Thanks all so much for testing the game, looking forward to launching this week!!!

12. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    pre-ordered!!
    can't wait٩( ᐖ )و

13. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Thanks so much!

14. ynotle

ynotle Active Member

Jul 28, 2020
    Male
    I’m not sure, but I love IOS games. I also love Star Wars, and sims, so this game looks so good. I first heard about it from the YouTube channel Pocket Gamer, and I’ve watched the trailer almost every day and counting down the days until the 30th. I’m really excited, thanks

15. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    Whoa thanks @ynotle, very much appreciated! Would love to hear how it lives up to your expectations when you get a chance to jump into the cockpit this week!

16. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    So, the game is out, and I am already stuck at the tutorials. The game is telling me to point at a disabled ship, well, I can’t find such a thing.

There was a ship marked red, which was destroyed by my ship, but pointing at it didn’t progress the tutorial.

Also the tutorial message disappears too fast.

17. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    I’ve pre-ordered it but unable to play it until tonight

18. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    #98 solarnya, Jul 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    Available in my region.
    Was playing a few runs and I've found it has several bugs.
    Of course the game itself is really fun.

I want to have option to customize MFi controls more as I like.

19. naghihimutuc

naghihimutuc Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2020
    Got it, played it, LOVE IT man. I made a five star review on the ios appstore. Solid solid stuff!!!

20. physicalpariah

Jul 8, 2016
    Indie Game Developer
    @Jstorm are you playing with a controller or touchscreen controls? Not sure how you managed to destroy the ship marked red before the "look at" part of the tutorial, but good job haha! I've never considered that a possibility before, so I'll fix that in the next patch.

If the tutorial is stuck, you can either repeat it or skip it by restarting the game. So long as you've not completed the tutorial once, the game will simply put you back into the tutorial each time it loads.

@solarnya I hear you on the remapping of mfi controls, something I'll be doing in the future before the eventual tvOS + macOS release. You mentioned you found bugs, would you mind letting me know what they were so I can fix them asap?

And thanks *so much* to everyone again for buying and playing the game!