Universal [Pre-Order] HopBound - Psychological Horror Sequel to DERE EVIL EXE Coming June 9

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by DariusGuerrero, May 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DariusGuerrero

DariusGuerrero Well-Known Member

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    #21 DariusGuerrero, Jun 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2020
    Thank you so much for the kind words @idislikejordan ! i hope you like this one too, it's a stark departure from the old ones because we wanted to try some new things in storytelling too.

Thank you @ColeDaddy for giving the games a second chance! Enjoy! Hope you have a great time with the two and the next one as well!

2. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    #22 DariusGuerrero, Jun 4, 2020
    Just one more message.

Really curious what people will think of HopBound.

I tried a lot of new things there, and it's a departure from DERE EXE and DERE EVIL EXE's tropes and themes. Didn't want people to think I'm a one-trick pony! Haha. I can already tell some people that loved DERE EVIL EXE wont like this one, and some people may like this one better. Whether people will like this new direction or not, I'm happy I did my best with it.

Truthfully, I spent a longer time making this game than DERE EVIL EXE and DERE EXE combined. You'll see why.

It's a game that I wanted to showcase AppSir's variety. I want people to think that AppSir isn't just about "Dev vs Glitches". I wanted a storyline that isn't "on the nose". For the first time, I am able live with ambiguities. A story that could get different interpretations (there is one answer that will be revealed later), and an ending that focuses on what you feel vs what happened..

Plus, there's a deeper meaning in there for me. It's a story that co-opted my own experiences from the past years. I know it sounds capitalistic, but to be able to express myself in that way has helped me a lot. I hope people will learn some good lessons from this one too.

I'm glad HopBound is coming. More than anyone. Enjoy!

3. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    #23 DariusGuerrero, Jun 5, 2020
    Just found some amazing news! HopBound is featured for pre-order in some countries! Take a look!

[​IMG]

"Nothing is what it seems" is right too. No matter if you're new to playing an AppSir platformer game, or a long-time AppSir fan, this game won't go the way you think. ;)

4. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    #24 DariusGuerrero, Jun 8, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2020
    [​IMG]

A few hours left until HopBound releases worldwide on the App Store!

[​IMG]

5. DariusGuerrero

Jul 25, 2016
    Male
    Game Developer
    Mods can lock this thread now as HopBound is releasing on all countries as we speak. It depends on the time zone, you see. For example, at this moment it's available for areas observing Eastern Time, but it hasn't yet arrived for areas observing Pacific Time since it's not yet June 9 for those areas.

A visual representation of HopBound arriving on the App Store:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]