Universal [Pre-Order][Beta] Merge Empire - settlers & civ mixed into innovative clicker

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by pstal, Apr 18, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pstal

pstal Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Hi All,

We've been working for longer time on game called Merge Empire. The aim was to create simplest mobile strategy game ever taking into account things that we love in series like Settlers or Civilization.
    So we've mixed merging mechanics with idle clicker feel and allowed player to spawn hundreds of funny workers. Inventing new heroes, fighting against dragons and other players. The game will contain different eras to play through...

Now game is available as pre-order and we're looking for some Beta-testers, so let us know if anyone would like to try a game and share his feedback?

Let's start with some promo art!

[​IMG]

Legion180 and Slowz like this.
  2. Slowz

Slowz Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Male
    I would like to test the beta, this is my test flight email: [email protected] i like the idea of the game

3. candyjet

candyjet Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2010
  4. Legion180

Legion180 Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2015
  5. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    I’m also very interested, I sent you a private message with my info.

6. Brightsiderus

Brightsiderus Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2017
    This looks not like usual merge games...

7. Piscinarii

Piscinarii Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Sent PM with my info to beta!

8. achilles1984

achilles1984 Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2011
  9. pstal

pstal Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Thanks guys for joining! Just sent out TF invitations to all of you.
    Please remember, the game is still under development - I'm fixing some bugs and adding new features.
    Now I'm focusing on improving the battle (vs Game Center player).
    Have fun and let me know about your impressions!

Attaching some gameplay cast:

10. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Hey! I love it. The artwork, the music, and such a fun twist on the merge / idle gameplay.

Some feedback:
    •It feels like it levels up too quickly, maybe decrease the move speed so levels take a little longer? Just seems like I barely get to enjoy a level before it’s over.

•PvP doesn’t work (maybe this is just because it’s beta?) When I attack another player it just loads a different screen and then nothing happens, I have to force quit and reload the game to get back.

•It doesn’t feel good to have PvP behind a wall. I have to watch an ad or pay gems just to attack once. Not very fun.
    Perhaps a solution would be to have 5-10 “war boats”. 1 war boat = 1 attack on another player. They would recharge slowly over time, or you can replenish with ads or gems. Just one idea that’s on theme I think.

Those are my initial thoughts / concerns
    I don’t mean to seem negative, I’m really loving it. Such good work, keep it up!
    There’s so much you can do with this concept.
    Thank you!

11. pstal

pstal Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    Kekhan, thanks for valuable feedback! I'm now focusing on PvP battles so they should be ready in the next build. I'll take into account all of your remarks and tune parameters according to your suggestions.

12. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    Enjoying the game a lot, really cute personality. Couple of comments on the interface:

1. It's annoying to have a limit of 100 of each character. Especially when trying to get the second final character on a level I need hundreds of the first. I assume this limit is related to needing to cap the number of sprites on the screen, but it would be great if it could be removed.

2. It's way too easy to accidentally buy a gold card or for that matter a normal card using gems. At the moment I have wasted 20ish gems that I was saving towards a really big boost at the end of the ocean world.

13. FredBear Games

FredBear Games Well-Known Member
    Patreon Gold

Dec 1, 2014
    Publisher
    UK
  14. Stephan0711

Stephan0711 Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
  15. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Been playing this and still really enjoying, aside from the issues I posted about earlier.

Possible bug:
    When leveling up you’re given a choice to “Collect” or “Double by watching Ad”. However, I get shown an Ad no matter which I select.
    If that’s intentional I should tell you it’s very frustrating.
    If it’s a bug, well now you know!

Keep up the good work