[PRE-ORDER August 2nd] Gun Rounds - Turn-based shooter roguelite!

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by blabberf, Jun 23, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blabberf

blabberf Well-Known Member

Apr 21, 2020
    #1 blabberf, Jun 23, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 29, 2020
    Pre-order the game for iOS here, $2.99 coming out on August 2nd!

Straight-up download the game for Android here!

Hey everyone, my name is Blabberf (not my legal name, thankfully...), and I'd like to announce my upcoming game! It's called Gun Rounds, and is a turn-based shooter with roguelite elements inspired by Downwell.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Features:​
    • Battle your way through 4 different worlds, each populated with distinct and dangerous enemies!
    • Collect dozens of unique weapons ranging from a simple pistol, to a beam of sunlight or a guillotine
    • Find upgrades that change the way you play: spawn a clone, make a contract with a demon, learn ninjutsu, and more!
    • Collect shiny treasures!
    • Visit the shop and buy upgrades and items with your hard-earned money
    • Fight the shopkeep if you're feeling feisty
    • Unlock new palettes!
    • A mysterious final boss...
    As you can see from the GIFs, the basic premise is that you take turns exchanging fire with enemies. Your attacks consume ammo, so you need to be mindful of which attacks you use. The player also has the ability to "block" during enemy turns, destroying projectiles and restoring some of their ammo!

I released the game for PC a few months ago on itch.io, and since then have been working hard on porting the game to iOS/Android. It's rapidly approaching Testflight beta, and I'm really hoping to have it on the App Store by August! I'll give updates in this thread, but you can also follow my progress on Twitter where I will probably post a bit more. Thank you for stopping by!:)

Twitter: @Blabberf

Discord: https://discord.gg/CEm8Ucn

Trailer:

Ringerill and nickhoola like this.
  2. blabberf

Apr 21, 2020
    #2 blabberf, Jul 4, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2020
    *EDIT* Thank you to everyone who signed up! I got a lot of people, so for now I've closed the submission form. I'll probably open it back up after a bit, so keep an eye on the thread:)

Hey everyone, I spent the last week or so polishing everything up and finishing new content additions, and Gun Rounds is now feature complete! I've submitted it to Testflight for review, and am hoping to start testing ASAP. I'd like to invite anyone who is interested to sign up using the link below (it's a simple form that asks for your email address and your device type). Thank you!

https://forms.gle/GFZor9Yds8dY7EV79

nickhoola likes this.
  3. nickhoola

nickhoola Member

May 10, 2012
    Hi, I’ve just filled the form, I’d be glad to help you by testing your game

4. Capronissimo71

Capronissimo71 Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2011
    Male
    Italy
    Same here!!

5. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    Will this be premium?

6. blabberf

Apr 21, 2020
    Thanks for signing up!:) And yes, the game will be $0.99 USD with no iAP or ads!

7. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    I think you can charge us $2.99 or something... your call.

Anyways, went to your website and watched a gameplay demo. The only request I have so far is to provide an option to turn off flashy effect upon hits. It made me a bit dizzy after 10 seconds.

blabberf likes this.
  8. blabberf

Apr 21, 2020
    That's really nice of you to say! Honestly I was kind of going back and forth between $0.99 and $2.99, but since it's just me doing everything and I don't really have a huge marketing budget, I was hoping a lower price would be more likely to bring more engagement. I guess we'll see!

Also I'd be happy to add that option! Just curious, what exactly do you mean by flashy effect? Do you mean like, when a projectile hits something and it makes a little X-shaped blast for a second?

solarnya and Jstorm like this.
  9. Jstorm

Jstorm Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2020
    Male
    Employed
    Earth
    On your 3rd vid on your first post, towards the end, a crab attacks and the player’s shield? blinks. That’s what I meant as the flashy effect.

Regrading the price, I don’t know if making it too cheap would attract more players. This maybe just me, but I tend to stay away from $1 games unless there are enough good reviews. $1 price tag gives me an impression that the game may lack contents, or the dev didn’t put too much work in it and decided to put the cheapest price possible.

10. Donkeygrave

Donkeygrave Active Member

Feb 28, 2013
    I’m not picking up the blocking mechanic in the game. Little help?

11. blabberf

Apr 21, 2020
    Oh I see what you mean! That's the effect that happens when the player blocks an enemy shot. Hmm... I'll have to think about that one. And thanks for your perspective on pricing, that's something I hadn't considered!

I'll try! During an enemy's turn, if you tap anywhere on the screen, your character will destroy any enemy projectiles that are within the little polygonal circle surrounding him. It's pretty precise, and the block has a brief cooldown, so if you block too early you're screwed!

12. Donkeygrave

Feb 28, 2013
    Ok, got it. It’s just crazy hard lol.

13. blabberf

Apr 21, 2020
    Haha I'm getting the feeling that it might be based on feedback so far! Tbh a lot of the PC player's seemed to have a fairly easy time with it, so I increased the difficulty and might've gone too far...

14. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    yep i agree its crazy hard to block attack

15. blabberf

Apr 21, 2020
    Alright seems like that's the consensus, maybe I'll add an extra frame to the block so the timing doesn't have to be so precise. How far have you managed to get?

16. Donkeygrave

Feb 28, 2013
    As hard as it is I can’t stop playing it. 2-5 is my best though...

17. blabberf

Apr 21, 2020
    That's the furthest of any tester I've heard of so far lol so congrats!

18. ColeDaddy

ColeDaddy Silver Supporter<br>Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Mar 20, 2010
    Male
    Sojourner
    Washington D.C.
    Bummer...no longer accepting testers. Downwell was my go-to game for a number of years and am looking forward to your latest creation.

19. blabberf

Apr 21, 2020
    Sorry, it's just me doing everything so I wanted to keep the testing group on the small side for now! I appreciate the interest though, and I may recruit more testers in the future!

20. AltsKev

AltsKev Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2016
    Male
    Developer
    Update give more control on attack block thank.

i die at 2-1, more you play better you are because you know your enemy better.

i ll play more today and give you more feedback.

Sometime i drag and lauch an attack but nothing happen.