Universal [Pre-Order Aug 20] The Bonfire 2 Uncharted Shores - A survival strategy game

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Xigma Games, Aug 12, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xigma Games

Xigma Games Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2016
    India
    1920 x 1080.png

Hello everyone,

We are very excited to share that after being in development for 2 years, The Bonfire 2: Uncharted Shores is going to be released on 20th August, and Pre-Order is now available on the App Store.

App Store:
    https://apps.apple.com/app/the-bonfire-2-uncharted-shores/id1448849222

6.jpg

Description:

Build

• A survival strategy game where you build, craft, gather resources during the day.
    • Place buildings and design your own city layouts.
    • The positioning of these buildings can be vital to manage certain resources and affects gameplay.
    timelapse-small.gif

Survive
    • Defend your settlement from monsters like wolves, chupacabra, spiders, and Tribal enemies.
    • Different bosses for each enemy type. Random enemies are spawned each night.

ezgif.com-crop (15).gif

Explore
    • A randomly generated world-map to explore with ships.
    • Find cities to trade with and random encounters and loot.
    • We have plans to expand more in the world map post-launch.
    ezgif.com-optimize (19).gif

Procedural Characters
    • Every character unit has stats such as Strength, agility intelligence.
    • Every character has unique personality skills.
    • Managing health, energy, and hunger is key to the survival of units.
    Char3 (1).png

Character Progression
    • Character units gain XP and level up.
    • Craft items and equip units with better weapons and armors.
    char3 (2).png

Sequel to the award-winning game The Bonfire: Forsaken Lands, The Bonfire 2: Uncharted Shores expands on every aspect of the original and brings greater depth. Design your city, manage resources chains and workers with unique personalities, explore procedurally generated world map in ships, trade with free cities, and discover mysterious dungeons. Build a powerful city and gain magical artifacts to defeat an ancient evil.

Join our Discord community
    https://discord.gg/jQsn6xC

Follow us on Twitter for more updates
    https://twitter.com/xigmagames

ste86uk and Rocksaint like this.
  2. Rocksaint

Rocksaint Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Loved the first one. Played the hell out of it. Can't wait to play the sequel. (But why spiders. :eek:)

Xigma Games likes this.
  3. Xigma Games

Sep 1, 2016
    India
    Thanks! Spiders have been an integral part of the previous game, how can we leave them behind. ;)

4. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Oh! Were those spiders? I didn't realize it. Or at least they didn't creep me out as much. :p Hopefully, these ones don't do either.

5. MetaGonzo

MetaGonzo Well-Known Member

May 7, 2009
    Ooh baby. It’s almost upon us!

6. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Hey guys so I’m completely new to this game but when I seen this advertised I thought how did I never play the first one!

But could someone give me a little info on how exactly the game plays? I mean love building up a base, exploring, defending etc just all of it that it says you can do I love.

But can you choose and design your base? Are there actual defences or is it just arming your troops? I wondered how defence works because on the video it seemed like monsters just spawn randomly and attack.

Also what’s the gameplay loop? Is it something I can play for a long time if I keep upgrading and doing well or is it more a kind of game where you loose and keep trying again?

7. Xigma Games

Sep 1, 2016
    India
    The Bonfire 2: Uncharted Shores draws a lot in terms of core gameplay from the previous game and expands upon it in every possible way. Similar to the prior game it has a day and night cycle. In the day you build, craft, gather resources but this time camera view is 3d isometric so you can place buildings and design your own settlement layouts. In the night you get attacked and your guards defend your settlement from monsters and raiders. Every day and night cycle is 5 minutes long.

Workers have different traits and unique skills and you need to assign jobs based on these stats to get the most output. So some workers can be good in mines and some can be better suited as a guard to defend your settlement. You can craft items and equip them to workers for more efficiency and better yields. Guards can be equipped with better weapons and armors for better survivability.

We have worked on the feedback from The Bonfire: Forsaken Lands and have tried to improve in every way possible. The most common complaint about the previous game was that it was little on the short side about 4-5 hours long. This time we have increased the gameplay length significantly and have added a lot more depth to the gameplay. So you can keep playing it for a long duration if you were able to survive.

ste86uk likes this.
  8. ste86uk

ste86uk Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Thank you that all sounds good to me, I’ll be buying the game anyway just because it has so much that I like about the game. I’m still unsure how defending works exactly but I’m looking forward to trying it out.

9. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    Yeah, so this game is amazing. Every bit as good as the original and (so far) better in every way. Get hyped, this is worth it.

ste86uk, solarnya and Rocksaint like this.
  10. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    This is great game. What I desired it is.
    Just awesome....!

11. Rocksaint

Nov 29, 2013
    Got the game. I had to. It was a no brainer. :)

Early days but loving the new perspective. Feels more expansive and suits the strategy gameplay style.

Only one gripe I have with it is that it heats up my phone and drains battery fairly quickly. Which doesn’t allow me to play for longer durations. :( (iPhone X)