Universal PPKP (by SHIMADA TOSHIHIRO)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jul 19, 2017.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #101 VirtualBoyFreak, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Thanks, will try it asap! EDIT: worked perfectly, now for the next boss :)

2. nicoga3000

nicoga3000 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Couple of questions.

Anyone know if the equipped bonuses (+damage, +shield, +crit, etc) remain active even if not equipped? Like, are you just equipping them to gain XP with them? It's not clear if the bonuses they provide are passive or active yet.

Are any of the gem purchases worth it? The special moves of the +% stuff?

The weird "man in black" gives four dots now when I talk to him. Does he do anything? What about the cat?

Has the dev commented on future support/extra stuff that may get added? Enjoying the game quite a bit and would LOVE to see additional content. I'm nearly done rebuilding the second city and I suspect that things will end when that's all done. :(

I'm assuming there are no caps on elemental damage? I've got all of mine at 15+ and working on 20+ now.

3. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Equipped bonuses seem to remain according to the stats page. I have the blond guy and I can choose between him and the original one without changes. You equip them basically to level them up.

I bought a $5 gem purchase (600 gems) and bought the 4 basic magic moves + the blond guy with 640 gems (600 purchased + 40 of the free ones you get at the beginning of the game). Purchases aren't necessary, but they're a cool addition to the overall game mechanics. The guy who informs you about the ads being removed with any IAP disappears when you purchase the pack, btw.

I don't know about the man in black nor the cat. Anyone help with this?

Dev is Japanese, I tried getting in touch through Twitter but he didn't reply.

I'd love extra content, although I admit I still have many things to buy and achieve yet to get to total game completion.

4. nicoga3000

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    OK - took down the Rhino at the airstrip. He's hard, but the trick is NOT to hit both Punch and Kick simultaneously.

To counter him, watch his attacks. You have to focus on his arms and legs and counter with the correct attack button. So if he winds up a kick attack, counter with kick. If he winds up a punch, counter with punch. When in doubt, block with SOMETHING so you don't die, haha.

5. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Yeap, you're right, my bad. I'm any case, the next boss will indicate you again what he attacks with ;)

6. nicoga3000

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yeah, thought that was weird. Almost feels like a bug considering the next boss gives you an indication.

Whatever the case, I'm closing in on that next level. Probably clear it tomorrow morning!

7. nicoga3000

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Double post!

I can't access the final area. When you try and start the level, you get blown away in your helicopter. Anyone know how to start it?

8. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    Wow that last boss is hard. Have to work on the timing of the counter attacks for sure.

9. BlingBlang

BlingBlang Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Few questions:

1. What does the second level visor upgrade do? I see an additional number and a circle next to the enemy's name but no idea what that means.

2. The elemental attacks seem hard to use effectively. Most of the time, the enemy is strong against the punch or kick that is associated with the element they're weak against.

3. What is the order in which I should be upgrading stuff? I've bought the 1800g combos, got the sword and shield with 2nd lvl visor, 7 energy bars.

10. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Glad it worked out! I am also very curious about the man in black and the cat on the roof...there's gotta be something to them.

11. number9dream

number9dream Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Pharmacy student
    Canada
    So it seems there are 9000/12000 coin upgrades for the moves I bought for 3600 and 6000 or so in the last building before I upgraded it. Are they just more powerful versions of the same moves?

12. Rusty Shackleford

Rusty Shackleford New Member

Jul 27, 2017
    #112 Rusty Shackleford, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2017
    I've been lurking on here for the past week trying to see if someone figured it out because I was in the same boat as you were in. Anyway. Here is how you fight the final boss.
    Tap the helicopter, then on the right half of the map there's a green building towards the bottom. Tap it, then build something with the resources from the junkyard.
    I only figured it out by watching a video on YouTube. Good luck!

13. nicoga3000

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Yeah, I ended up figuring it out finally.

Also, killed the final boss! Two VERY important tips:

Counter the fireballs a split second later than you think. It took me a while to nail the timing.

You make a TON of money off of that fight by doing KKPP -> K until you're out of energy. It climbs to 200 coins per hit, meaning you can easily make $1200+ per combo later on.

The man in black still does nothing. Time to see what else there is in this game that we haven't found!

14. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #114 VirtualBoyFreak, Jul 27, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 27, 2017
    You're much better than I am at this game :p I'm still grinding the level after the airport and upgrading my character, but I'm too old/thinking on other things instead of concentrating on countering the enemy strikes... In any case, it's a very enjoyable grinding.

I couldn't resist buying all the special moves, so I bought another $5 IAP + $1 IAP and got the remaining 4 moves from the dojo. For $11 I got all the special moves + the blonde character who reminds me to Goku or Guile (Street Fighter), depending on the move I'm doing :D

I would have preferred a premium game, but I guess IAP works much better in the current mobile market we have...

EDIT: got to the boss... Build "something"?!?!?! It's Mazinger Z!!!!! You build Mazinger Z to kill the alien!!!!! Incredible game, just incredible. The only "but" is that you have to build Mazinger Z every time you lose, and it costs a lot of resources, forcing you to grind the previous level. I still have to improve a lot my tactic with the last boss.

15. nicoga3000

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    Easy resource grind!

Run the first level. You get the same percentage towards another car wreck game as any other area. For me, it takes 20 one-hit enemies to unlock the car for resources.

I would advise folks to NOT kill the final boss right now. Grinding coins is SO fast against him. I sort of regret it knowing nothing new unlocks.

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    Can't you fight him again after beating him? I thought you'd be able to grind him later on... Thanks for the heads up anyway.

17. xjaff

xjaff Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2012
    Male
    Toronto, Canada
    You may want to put that in spoiler tags, some people like the discovery aspect of the game and trying to figure things out.

18. nicoga3000

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    #118 nicoga3000, Jul 27, 2017
    Unfortunately no. It just turns into another endless level that still requires those extra mats to enter.

E: Also, finished upgrading the cafe and nothing special happened. Hopefully there's more because I'm super enjoying this game!

E2: I think the man in black is just supposed to represent a high class security guard since he's waiting outside the "diamond store". I also think the cat is just decoration as well. I'm convinced that the game is "done" after killing the final boss. I may be shelving this one for the time being. Until we get confirmation that there is more stuff coming, the only reason to keep playing is to very slowly grind coins. Even with max energy, combos, and bonus drops, I only earn ~1000 per enemy. Which sounds like a lot until you realize that the final boss is a LOT easier to farm and gives significantly faster yields. There's no reason to grind for everything at the moment.

19. BlingBlang

BlingBlang Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2009
    Anyone know what the 2nd level visor upgrade does?

20. nicoga3000

Dec 21, 2010
    Structural Engineer
    Indianapolis, IN
    #120 nicoga3000, Jul 28, 2017
    To my knowledge, the visor upgrades seem to just give you more information about the enemy. Nothing game enhancing I don't think.

Here's the last level of it:

[​IMG]