Universal PPKP (by SHIMADA TOSHIHIRO)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jul 19, 2017.

1. se99jmk

se99jmk Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2010
    Same, not seen any free diamonds/crystals!

2. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Yeah I bought a $5 pack. Honestly you don't need those attacks. the special combos give you all you need

3. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    What I'm really worried about is the fact that someone lost the savegame. If that bug/comment hadn't appeared, I would buy an IAP for sure... Has anyone else lost their savegame?

4. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Nope, no problem with that at all.

I spent $5 to support the dev and tried one of the 2-combo scrolls. I think it actually does less damage than the 7 combo. You can get 45 or so diamonds by going to the left of town (see the arrow?) and reviewing this app, and trying two more from the dev. (They're meh, imo)

5. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain

Yeap, I knew about the 45 gems, which is what I have, thanks anyway. I've seen that the more advanced improvements in the lab have a similar effect to the gem characters extra gold %, etc.). If only the dev added an IAP to increase the amount of fuel to 10...

6. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    I've just bought the $5 too, and the special attacks are amazing. When you get the right elemental attack you can do A LOT of damage to enemies. I bought the 4 cheaper combo scrolls and the blonde guy, and it's so much more entertaining now. I feel like Goku smashing all the monsters :D

7. maxbrickem

Aug 25, 2009
    I've played a lot and have not had any save game issues either. lol goku.

8. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #88 VirtualBoyFreak, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    These are my stats at the moment. I'm at the airport. The boss there is hard, since it doesn't indicate what button to press to avoid his attack. Will keep on trying. Fuel is less problem now. I last quite a lot in each level. Great great game. Worth TA GotW IMO.

Attached Files:

9. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    I was able to counter once, and I haven't been able to do it again since...He has a blue and an red/blue fireball, and it doesn't seem to matter which button I hit to defend, so it must be about getting the right timing?

I've got the last four 7-hit combos for sale in the dojo, I'm wondering if there is anything after that which would help, you know—ultimate combo type thing...or if there are any items after the last four magic attack power ups...45,000 each for the last two, yikes.

10. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    How many hours have you played to get to that point?

11. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    I don't know. less than 10, but its hard to say because I would play it for an hour, then put it down etc.

It's pretty fun except I've hit a wall at the final boss. I'm leery of just throwing myself at it again and again because those last upgrades are expensive, and I'm curious if there is something after the obvious...

12. number9dream

number9dream Member

Feb 28, 2013
    Pharmacy student
    Canada
    How do I use the special powers? I can't seem to get them to work? Like the green whirlwind? I have the combo but it's not working.

13. Zhang Doe

Zhang Doe Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Do you have enough green bars? If not, go to the store and buy energy / upgrade store. You need at least five green bars.

14. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    I love seeing the TA'ers coming together to help each other out....especially in a super-vague game that has barely enough intuition built in to figure it out with time...or gamer cohorts. That's what we're all about!

15. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #95 VirtualBoyFreak, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    The normal moves need green bars as Zhang Doe said. If you're talking about the gem rolls, you need to have the corresponding energy bar charged (they're at the borders of the screen next to the buttons). Keep the corresponding button pressed and you'll see which path takes to which move. The bars charge as you hit enemies with the corresponding button.

Blue and red/blue? Mmm, intuition tells me that if red, press the orange button at the right timing, and if red/blue, press both buttons at the same time and right timing... We'll see when I get there :p

16. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #96 VirtualBoyFreak, Jul 26, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2017
    Confirmed: for the boss at the airport (rhino) I blocked his attack by pressing both buttons at the same time and at the correct moment. His attacks are identifiable since they are identical to the other enemies attacks. It's a matter of patience, timing and luck. I was able to get 1/3 of his energy bar down. I'm seriously thinking about buying more gems to get the last 4 gem rolls, because each enemy has a weak point to 1 out of 8 magic attacks minimum (usually 2).

17. Solarclipse

Jul 30, 2012
    That boss might be the one whose weakness changes every time you face him. If not, he definitely has 1 weakness...I think it was the blue fireball, KPKPP—but I don't remember for sure.

Just buy all the scrolls in the dojo, upgrade the building and you'll have access to the next four.

Also, most enemies actually have two weaknesses. One is usually a little better than the other, but no need to buy gems...you'll get there. In the meantime, remember that you are building up the levels of the special attacks you do have. If you are having a hard time getting cash, search back in the thread for my spoiler tags...

Sidenote: blocking by hitting both buttons...the game seems to be forgiving this way, I'm not sure how far you can take it...but this is also why I'm confused about how to deal with the final boss...I guess I'll just need to work on the timing, because It seems like I can block both fireballs with either button, no matter the color.

18. Artifex 28

Artifex 28 Active Member

Apr 13, 2012
    This is pure gold on mobile.

19. BlueTrin

BlueTrin Well-Known Member

Jun 21, 2012
    This game is absolutely epic !

20. maxbrickem

Aug 25, 2009
    His greatest weakness is the purple"dark" magic.
    KKPPP is a great combo against him and you can use it twice in a row if you have 10 energy.