Universal PPKP (by SHIMADA TOSHIHIRO)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by TouchArcade Bot, Jul 19, 2017.

1. VirtualBoyFreak

VirtualBoyFreak Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #61 VirtualBoyFreak, Jul 24, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 24, 2017
    Great little gem were have here. If only there was an IAP to remove the fuel timer...

2. Seiza616

Seiza616 Well-Known Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Does anyone know what those two rectangular boxes underneath each of the IAP options are for? They are found within the diamond store. It looks like something is supposed to go in those slots, similar to the power up slots found within the hero's house.

3. chief78

chief78 Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2012
    #63 chief78, Jul 24, 2017
    You have to buy all the items in the top left store (which does or will have a helicopter on top). One item is a shield and the other a sword. Once purchased, these stats start with a 4% increase and slowly level up over time (for instance mine are at +9% and 12 respectively). Just keep fighting and juggling enemies to build up coin, go street fighter on a car in the scrapyard as soon as they're available and continually upgrade ur buildings. Food shop renews the next energy (attack) slot to add 1, dojo adds better combos and eventually the ones that end with elemental attacks, and the store will sell u the items that buff allbur stats (look at the screen in ur house and all those empty slots will be filled at some point with an item. All the stats here will eventually have a buff to them once ur able to and do purchase them.

EDIT: And this! Good catch

4. Zhang Doe

Zhang Doe Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2013
    Eat food. It will raise your star level, which will increase your base attack and defense.

5. Dema9o9ue

Dema9o9ue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 16, 2015
    Wow. Awesome game. I'm loving it so far. Too bad it's f2p. Us real gamers that care about mobile gaming would rather pay $15 for this.

6. Emmat

Emmat New Member

Jul 24, 2017
    Not sure if posted in earlier pages.
    I just found out how to level up those perks you bought from the door under the helicopter.
    After you buy them, go to your red house and choose and tap on the perk you want to level up in battle. Once you start a new round, you can see with the "glasses" icon that its selected. The bar will slowly fill up and you can level them up to 5 stars.

7. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    Nice catch!!! That's awesome

8. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    Any purchase removes ads, and honestly the fuel timer isn't bad - i think it's a well done freemium game. I, as well, hate freemium models but it's okay here. It's not a AAA title and is fun to play for 30 mins at a time. Also, all special attacks requiring gems are unnecessary. I'm glad this game is finally getting some recognition. Seemed like only three of us played at first lol

9. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    So, can I assume from your words that I'll eventually get moves with special combos that can be purchased with coins? I've also seen there are characters purchasable with gems. They seem to increase some stats. I want to buy something to remove ads, but I don't really know the way to go.

10. Dema9o9ue

Dema9o9ue Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Jan 16, 2015
    I was being sarcastic. I love this game and I have no problem with f2p games. This game is a perfect example of a fun f2p game. I bought a .99 pack and will probably buy a larger one just to support the dev and support the business model. I'd rather pay $10+ for gems in this game than spend $10 on a premium game that'll drop to $.99 next month.

Glad to see this game rise to the top of the charts.

11. maxbrickem

maxbrickem Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2009
    hey, yeah you'll get special combos with coins that will add elemental attacks and fireballs to the combo. the special characters w stat increases would be nice but cost a lot of gems, I bought a few of the gem-only special attacks, those are more like dragon ball z attacks.

my bad, right on!

12. spedav

spedav Active Member

May 24, 2011
    Crashed and lost all my data

Well I was really enjoying this game until I lost my save data...

I was playing and the game froze. I closed the app and restarted it and it launched as if freshly installed, retaining none of my data.

I had 6 hits and most buildings upgraded 3 times. I was around lvl 25 and I was on the 5th stage I think. With all but one or two areas constructed on the city map. also just purchased both of the 2800(forget exact price) coin elemental combos and had about 5k left over.

Real bummer because idk if I'll be able to get into the game again after loosing all that progress.

13. chief78

Jul 24, 2012
    You have to buy a gem pack to disable ads. Regarding the combos....all are paid with coin (in-game currency), and by the 5 or 6-hit combo tier, you'll get combos that finish with a elemental attack. I'm at the next tier past that where u finish with an elemental followrd by a 2nd, more powerful elemental.

14. HeinzKetup

HeinzKetup Well-Known Member

May 26, 2016
    #74 HeinzKetup, Jul 24, 2017
    Is anyone else dealing with the unresponsive button issue? When I'm trying to do combos sometimes it won't register the button I pushed, and I end up wasting an attack and dealing less overall damage. It's a huge deal breaker for me because it's unfair; I should have killed that monster, but because of this issue it ends up dealing damage to me. It's a great game though, definitely one of the best FTP models I've seen in a game in awhile.

15. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Well my two big games this week were professor Layton and this, and while they're both great, I've put far more time into this than I have Layton.

16. Solarclipse

Solarclipse Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Make sure it isn't a timing issue. Looks at the combo map and compare to the rhythm of the combo itself too.

As far as stringing combos goes, some you can do 2x, and some you can't, because it would trigger a different combo. Sometimes that means just doing one combo and then another that is also strong against that enemy. In those cases I find that it's easier to start ABAA, ABAAA, ABAAAA type patterns and then throw in the next combo after, then vice versa.

@Equipables—it is really pretty fast to level them up to 3, but 4 & 5 take a while...so make sure you get all of them to 3 before leveling up any others...I would prioritize:
    •cash (minimize grinding, but 4 is good),
    •defense (most useful for Giant boss in sports arena, get to 5 eventually if you can),
    •cars—it takes a LOT OF PARTS for the final upgrades...if you used my tip than you should be getting 350-450 hits per trip to the junkyard, so maybe not as a big a deal if you start with that early.

Everything else, your playstyle...I will say this though, prioritize buying those energy drinks and upgrading the cafe, you'll level up more quickly that way and reduce grind. Buy combos as you need them to take down bosses or certain enemies.

17. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    #77 VirtualBoyFreak, Jul 25, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2017
    I guess you made an IAP to get those special attacks, right? I've only gathered 45 crystals for free, and I've calculated around 7600 to purchase everything I see now.

Btw, what does the man in black next to the car junk do? You talk to him, 4 dots appear and that's it...

18. orangecan

orangecan Well-Known Member

Aug 9, 2011
    Daft question probably but has anyone worked out what triggers the opportunity to upgrade buildings? I assumed with the helicopter pad it was because I'd bought all the upgrades and the same with the dojo, but I'm not sure what triggers the cafe for example (your level perhaps?).

Also I'm not sure anymore how to get diamonds without paying - the dog just seems to dig up a silver bar every time and I'm not sure what the woman on the chair is doing now but I'm not getting any diamonds from either of them - whereas I was early on.

Thanks in advance

19. VirtualBoyFreak

Patreon Bronze

Apr 26, 2011
    Spain
    What triggers upgrade guy is:

Café = buy the energy bar.
    Dojo = buy all rolls on the main screen.
    Lab = buy all gadgets.

Free diamonds = I haven't found any...

20. Zaraf

Zaraf Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2009
    So I figured out how to beat the final boss. Basically, you won't be able to do any decent damage to him on your own. You basically have two wait until he does one of two colored energy blasts at you (one for orange and one for blue). These blast do a ton of damage even if you try to block. You need to time it like a counter and deflect it back towards the boss. When it hits him, it does more than 5000 per hit, and hits him like 6 times.

You gotta do this 7 or 8 times to beat him. So get better at counters cause you basically can't beat the final boss without them!