Universal Powerpuff Girls: Defenders of Townsville (by Turner Broadcasting System)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 18, 2014.

1. Intendro

Intendro Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2013
    #81 Intendro, Jun 24, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2014
    Graphics aren't everything.

I've beaten the first boss and it's pretty fun so far.

I'm not letting supposed "girlyness" stop me from playing a good game.
    I heard it's a good metroidvania, so I decided to get it. :)
    I'm not trying to demand you like it or anything, though. :eek:

2. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Metroid - girl character
    Tomb Raider - girl character
    Resident Evil - girl character
    Silent Hill - girl character
    Fatal Frame - girl character

These are just a few games I would have skipped with your mindset. Metroid II is my favorite game of all time.

I skip games with pretty graphics (on the iOS) for the most part because that's usually the only thing they offer (this isn't a bad thing, I don't expect more, especially on my phone and for the price). I don't play games to look at something pretty, I play to be entertained and challenged. If they look nice, that's just an added plus.

If all you want is pretty games, get a dedicated gaming machine. Expecting incredible groundbreaking material for $1-$5 is beyond ridiculous.

3. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    I totally agree. I've been playing games for years and love retro graphics, and as you say graphics dont make a game. If they did we'll all be on the latest X-Box with stunning 'real life' graphics instead of playing mobile games or retro games.

Like you say many games have a female character. I dont care if the characters male/female/an alien with blue spots as long as the gameplay is good, thats all i care about - gameplay.

But if someone doesnt like a game move on. I cant stand Flappy Bird clones so i stay out of those threads.

4. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    You're all deliberately missing my point it's not the gameplay it's the very low quality of the graphics! As for female characters I choose female over male every time! Graphics aren't everything the recent Superman was nice to look at, but was a low rent IB rip off and batman asylum was a sucky fighter. I like all types of game 2D, 3D, shooter, racers and puzzlers. A good game is a good game no matter what the style. I've watched the video and it just looks so lame with minimal effort that's my problem! And it was game of the week!

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Many people like lower quality graphics or a retro style. Either way if you don't like this game move on to another thread. I don't care about the graphics personally that's why I play lots of MAME games from the 80s and Activision Atari games.

If it was game of the week here maybe you are in the minority. Either way we know you don't like the look of the game. Please move on

6. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    I like this game! There I said it, glad to get that off my chest

7. Sigrid4

Sigrid4 New Member

Jun 22, 2014
    Seems a nice game to me, very expensive do

8. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Please stop being stupid. The graphics are far from "very low quality". They are above average for a mobile game, and in addition, the game is based on a cartoon, and meant to look like a cartoon. It looks exactly like that cartoon, and in that sense, the graphics are essentially perfect. So stop trolling this thread and making a fool of yourself. Shame on you being old enough to have played games in a Spectrum yet failing to be mature enough to come across as better than a 5 year old online.

9. Darth Nihilus

Darth Nihilus Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Graphics are fine, the animations are great and it suffices for the art style of the show, what did you expect if they art style of the show is THAT minimalist to begin with?

Low rent low rent low rent low rent low rent low rent low rent low rent low rent low rent low rent.... God, what dumb term.

You seriously have bad taste.

10. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Anyway, I just rescued the Mayor! lol it was soooo fun!

I still haven't finished this but I already wish there was a sequel.

Enemies are fun but I want a bit more variety, maybe humanoid robots and such.

We need a Superman game EXACTLY like this or a Young Justice game.

Who would expect that Cartoon Network would make such a fun game? Lol

11. WhovianWithALightsaber

WhovianWithALightsaber Active Member

Jun 7, 2013
    #91 WhovianWithALightsaber, Jun 27, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
    Sooooo, just rescued Blossom but missed the text at the bottom that says what her special attack does... Can anyone tell me what I can destroy with Blossom now that I couldn't with Buttercup? Thanks!! :)

And what are the rooms lined in blue on the map? Thanks!

12. radiangames

radiangames Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Sep 24, 2011
    Game Developer
    United States
    Blossom's fireball attack destroys ice blocks.

The rooms lined in blue have not been cleared of enemies (if you clear a room, you might get a bonus, plus fewer enemies appear in that room in future visits).

13. WhovianWithALightsaber

Jun 7, 2013
    Awesome thank you! Is her fireball the equivalent to Buttercup's laser beam? Or is that something I still need to unlock for her? Does Blossom start with her fireball attack, is really what I'm trying to ask. Thanks for your time, it's appreciated! :)

14. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    The second and third characters you unlock will start with all their attacks. All 3 have energy blast and laser beam shots. The 3 character specific shots are shockwave, fireball, and (spoilers since you haven't unlocked it yet)
    ice barrage
    , each of which can help you access different areas, as well as kill stuff ;)

15. WhovianWithALightsaber

Jun 7, 2013
    That is good to know. I hadn't checked out her special attack yet and was feeling stuck. I knew being a metroidvania game that I had to be missing something. Apparently it helps to be smarter than the game you're trying to play... ;) Thanks, everyone for your help! :)

16. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    Did you find a way? I'm still stuck at this, I don't want to go into the last room, which I'm sure it's the final boss fight against Mojojojo until I clear the last room.

17. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    Should've just kept reading ;)

18. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    I was just about to quote the solution and point that out myself, then I headed back to this page and there you are. :p

19. Darth Nihilus

Sep 11, 2012
    Pripyat, Mexico.
    I did see those posts, I realized it wasn't the same room I was talking about after trying it myself, but there's no option to delete post so eh.

Thanks for patronizing me doe.

20. Intendro

Aug 6, 2013
    Sorry about that. :eek:
    It looked like you were asking them about the same room they got an answer for.
    I don't have an answer.