Universal Powerpuff Girls: Defenders of Townsville (by Turner Broadcasting System)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Jun 18, 2014.

1. ImJPaul

ImJPaul Well-Known Member

May 23, 2012
    Male
    MGMT!
    Baltimore
    Was never a huge PPG fan but my little sister was (she's 23 now). Regardless, this looks awesome. Will definitely be picking this up with Godfire tonight.

2. Anonomation

Anonomation 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Childhood renewed.

3. syntheticvoid

syntheticvoid Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Musician & factory worker.
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Does this have MFi support? I'd check myself but my nephew has my MOGA...

4. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I ran into a bug where I fell through the floor about 3 seconds into the game, but it was a problem easily solved and I can tell that I'm going to like this a lot.

5. Shan82

Shan82 Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2012
    Songwriter.
    USA
    I loved the Power Puff Girls growing up can't wait to play this. :D

6. musikit

musikit Active Member

Oct 12, 2013
    big powerpuff fan. purchased immediately on name alone. in honesty wait for the $0.99 sale.

7. uFinKnow

uFinKnow Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2014
    #28 uFinKnow, Jun 19, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2014
    If you like any other Radian game get this. Layout is the same as all of the twin sticks. I highly recommend to anyone. You by no means need to be a Power Puff girl fan. This is another great game by Radian. Cheers

8. Emotive

Emotive Well-Known Member

Sep 14, 2013
    Great White North
    I can't believe what I am seeing haha, PPG is back!

9. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    Care to elaborate?

10. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I'm willing to bet he didn't get very far into the game. In typical metroidvania style, you start out not being able to do much. You walk around, can't jump, can't attack, etc. You quickly gain the ability to punch, but that isn't really what the game is about. A few minutes in you should have the ability to fly, and then a few minutes later, you will gain the ability to fire projectiles when you punch. At this point is where the real gameplay starts to take shape, and it's a lot of fun. It's basically a shooter focused on exploration, where you are continuously upgrading your powers (there is also customization through equipable "boosters"). I recommend this to anyone who likes the sound of a metroidvania shooter.

11. Bytebrain

Bytebrain Well-Known Member

Jul 24, 2010
    Copenhagen, Denmark
    I second everything Royce said.
    It's great fun, and the exploration and slow progression in powerups is very metroidvania-like.
    I've never heard of Powerpuff Girls, but. I enjoy the game very much.

Worth every penny.

12. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
  13. CecilMcW00t

CecilMcW00t Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    I just downloaded it and I can confirm it has MFi support. Playing it with my MOGA now.

14. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    By reading the comments I gather that this is not a kids game? Never heard of the powerpuff girls, but I thought it was a kids cartoon and the game would be likewise..

15. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    I think it's pretty much all ages friendly.

16. redranch91

redranch91 Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2014
    You've never heard of The Powerpuff Girls?? *Gasp*

17. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Thank you!!

And of course, he had to give it back to me completely dead... so I can't check it out til I get back from work. =oP

But I am enjoying this VERY MUCH. I've only reached the second area, but there's still a few things in the first area I need to go back and get... eventually...

I'm going to wait until I unlock the other options after you beat it or whatever and play those before I decide where to throw it up on my favorites of the year, but the fact that it's already being talked about being thrown up into that list after just about 30 minutes of gameplay should be a pretty good sign. =oP

18. Breinstein

Breinstein Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Is that so strange.? The last time I actively watched cartoons must have been in the mid eighties , so that's almost 30 years ago. Also keep in mind that I am not American or English so chanes are the cartoons were aired much later.

19. syntheticvoid

Jun 20, 2010
    a[V-O-I-D]
    Sorry - I do have one question -

is there an option to turn the auto aiming off? There's been times - there's tons of enemies right behind me and my character will not turn around - but will instead keep shooting at a wall...