Universal Powerlust (by Bartlomiej Mamzer)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Jan 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Link: https://apps.apple.com/us/app/powerlust/id1439088319

Powerlust - Action RPG offline

Bartlomiej Mamzer
    Old school action RPG roguelike with manual combat. Powerlust is an old school action RPG roguelike with manual combat a…
    Free
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Old school action RPG roguelike with manual combat. Powerlust is an old school action RPG roguelike with manual combat and a dark atmosphere. Completely free, no forced ads, no p2w. Micro transactions are just donations with some cool cosmetic rewards like different camera perspectives (top down, TPP, FPP), camera filters, character customization and the bloodbath mode. There are also some quality of life features like a faster character specialization unlock and a shared item stash. Made by one guy. Hobby project made by one guy (me). I spent quite a few years on it already. No huge corporations involved :) No rigid classes. You can create your own class, nothing is locked, feel free to play as a fire mage wielding a two handed sword or a necro archer. Tons of masteries and skills. There is a vast number of options to choose from when it comes to spells, weapons, abilities and masteries. You can create a ton of builds and constantly find new ways of crushing your enemies! Still in development This game is under ACTIVE DEVELOPMENT, I have many updates planned for it. I'd appreciate any feedback, it will be a really huge help in further development. Check out my twitter for constant updates and share your thoughts via email at [email protected] Features: - skill based gameplay - no auto fight mechanics - hardcore permadeath mode for roguelike fans - procedurally generated dungeons - gamepad support
    Information
    Seller:Bartlomiej Mamzer
    Genre:Action, Role Playing
    Release:Jan 06, 2022
    Updated:Dec 26, 2023
    Version:0.998.8
    Size:1.7 GB
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating:Unrated
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. Anotherkellydown

Anotherkellydown Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Bronze

I downloaded this to try later when I have more time. It looks great, especially for a one man dev team. Supports controllers too, according to the app description.

Bart Mamzer likes this.
  3. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    Any thoughts on the IAPs?

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    #4 psj3809, Jan 12, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 12, 2022
    I’ll give it a go but the list of IAPs are putting me off. Several £40 or more. Crazy

edit - had a quick go. Impressive for a one man band. But for me the text is too small on the screen to create a character and later the text doesn’t show up enough when it’s on scrolls or giving me tips. Black rather than brown would have been good

but I’m afraid the crazy IAP prices out me off. Surely if each IAP was £2.99 you would probably sell way more than any high priced ones. I mean £44.99 ? Disgusting.

shame as you can see a lot of effort has been out jnto it

Bart Mamzer and anthony78 like this.
  5. RomanReigns

RomanReigns Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2014
    Description says IAPs are just cosmetics,camera filters and camera modes. it also mentions character customization and bloodbath..i wonder what type of character customization is locked behind iaps? and what is bloodbath? a game mode?

6. OddAlun

OddAlun Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Seems okay, looks like a work in progress...
    • IAP are donations w/ "Knight" on the low end and "King" on the high end(previous tier(s) included as you go up in "donation")
    • There's a "Restore Purchases" button
    • Claims No Ads
    • Dungeon Mode/Story Mode(future)

Bart Mamzer likes this.
  7. #Bonk3rZ

#Bonk3rZ Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2014
    top of the world
    #7 #Bonk3rZ, Jan 13, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 13, 2022
    Strong Orc-Vengeance vibes here (if you're old enough to remember). Anyone played the actual game already? Definitely gonna check this out.

Edit: errrrm ...

811CB38B-7B9D-405D-971D-E51E102BF750.jpeg

Crawled a bit. No Orc-Vengeance vibes anymore.

Bart Mamzer likes this.
  8. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    Will check this out. BTW Orc Vengeance is still available through GameClub.

Bart Mamzer likes this.
  9. Bart Mamzer

Bart Mamzer Active Member

Dec 2, 2021
    Male
    Thanks for the download, I hope you enjoy it!

Anotherkellydown likes this.
  10. Bart Mamzer

Dec 2, 2021
    Male
    I think you're missing the fact that these are 'donations', if you don't believe it's worth to support me for the thousands of hours I put into making this game you don't have to :)
    Donations in the game are completely optional and not needed for anything. You can play the game completely free without any ads.

Ratberger likes this.
  11. Bart Mamzer

Dec 2, 2021
    Male
    Hey, can you please remove this thread? I created a new "offical" one to make the game presence here a bit easier to handle.

12. Bart Mamzer

Dec 2, 2021
    Male
    It's an option to choose the looks of your equipment regardless of the items you found, so that you can make your char look just like you want him to look.
    And bloodbath is a visual mode with (a lot) more blood.

JarvisJackrabbit and Ijipop like this.
  13. ZeroVoid

ZeroVoid Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2011
    I understand that you out “thousands of hours” into this but $27.99 for a new camera angle is ridiculous, even if it comes with some character classes and item storage.

14. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA
    Closing this thread as requested ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Anotherkellydown likes this.