Powerful function added: Phone Trace 4 V2.2

Discussion in 'iOS Apps' started by noah_ch, Oct 5, 2010.

1. noah_ch

noah_ch Member

Oct 1, 2010
    http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/phone-trace-4/id388947928?mt=8

Phone Trace 4 can:
    A. Obtain your current location.

B. Connect to another iPhone device(Through IP address which you can get from email sent by the target iPhone device), and view its real-time location, send some commands to the remote device also.

C. When your iPhone has been lost or stolen, it will send Email/SMS/voice call to another mobile phone within one minute after powered on(If you have set the Setting of "AutoRun When Boot" to ON, this app will auto run when location changed after power on)/SIM changed(Provider changed )/location changed or periodic report according to the pre-settings on it,you can get target IP address from email or SMS, and you can get new targe mobile number from SMS or voice call.

2. Lukasha

Lukasha Member

Sep 4, 2010
    This looks like something I've been looking for, but I'm not sure from the limited screens and description.

I'm looking for an app that will record my location with a time stamp on an interval (say every 10 or 15 minutes), and then either store that list of time/location stamps in a file that can be exported or emailed or some such. Is this app capable of that?

3. Lukasha

Lukasha Member

Sep 4, 2010
    I'm not receiving emails from the app. I configured my email in the settings, but that looks like outgoing information. Is that also the email address that receives the email? If so, I'm not getting it.

4. noah_ch

noah_ch Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Yes, In this version, the email account name should the same as the email address.eg:
    My email acount name: [email protected]
    My email address receiving mail: [email protected]

5. noah_ch

noah_ch Member

Oct 1, 2010
    And also, please confirm the smtp address, you can ping your smtp address to confirm if it's correct.

6. noah_ch

noah_ch Member

Oct 1, 2010
    The three para :
    Email address:The email account name, and also, it should be the receiving address, so, this field should be like ****@***.com; if your account name not the same as your receiving address, please reselect a new email address to fulfill this rule.
    Email password: The password for your email account.
    Smtp address: The send server address of your account, such as smtp.***.com.

If you can send email from your iPhone, please check the different settings between iPhone setings and this app settings.

7. Lukasha

Lukasha Member

Sep 4, 2010
    It still isn't working. I've tried both a MobileMe account and a Gmail account and I'm not receiving email in either of them.

8. noah_ch

noah_ch Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Because Gmail and MobileMe donot support non-SSL email, so the sending may failure. The new version of 1.0.1 has soloved this problem, version 1.0.1 of Phone Trace 4 has been sent to apple developer center for reveiwing this night, and will upload to Itunes Store one week later.

9. Lukasha

Lukasha Member

Sep 4, 2010
    Okay thanks. I'll try again next week when it updates.

10. noah_ch

noah_ch Member

Oct 1, 2010
    Thanks. If any suggestion or requirements about this app, please let me known, thanks.

11. applefans

applefans Member

Oct 13, 2010
    Phone Trace 4

iTunes URL:http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/phone-trace-4/id388947928?mt=8

I have used it, it's wonderful! I copied the description of this app from iTunes:

★★★ When your iPhone device is lost or stolen, do you want to know its real-time location or its new mobile number for contacting to the person who has got it?
    ★★★ When you children or old parents become separated in big market or when traveling,do you want to find them more easier through his/her mobile phone?
    ★★★ Phone Trace is a helpful application for keep touch with your iPhone device. Through this application, you can: A. Obtain your current location. B. Connect to another iPhone device(Through IP address which you can get from email sent by the target iPhone device), and view its real-time location, send some commands to the remote device also. C. When your iPhone has been lost or stolen, it will send Email/SMS/voice call to another mobile phone within one minute after powered on(If you have set the Setting of "AutoRun When Boot" to ON, this app will auto run when location changed after power on)/SIM changed(Provider changed )/location changed or periodic report according to the pre-settings on it,you can get target IP address from email or SMS, and you can get new targe mobile number from SMS or voice call.

Attached Files:

• 11.jpg
      11.jpg
      File size:
      63.7 KB
      Views:
    • 12.jpg
      12.jpg
      File size:
      56.7 KB
      Views:
    • 13.jpg
      13.jpg
      File size:
      44.7 KB
      Views:
    • 14.jpg
      14.jpg
      File size:
      58.9 KB
      Views:
  12. Lukasha

Lukasha Member

Sep 4, 2010
    I've just installed the update and it's still not working. The email test fails for both my gmail address and my MobileMe address. Even when I said "Yes" to using the default sender it failed to send.

13. noah_ch

noah_ch Member

Oct 1, 2010
    If you click "Yes", it can send email to you. I have test gmail and MobileMe. After you have click "Yes", and then click "Email Test", is it ok?
    Notes: After you have click "Yes", please click the return to hide the keyboard and then return to the page of "Setting".
    If any question, please contact me: [email protected]

14. noah_ch

noah_ch Member

Oct 1, 2010
  15. applefans

applefans Member

Oct 13, 2010
  16. asolja

asolja Active Member

Mar 10, 2009
    work or not ?

I have seen this app advertised before but never any feedback as to whether or not it actually works. Has anyone any idea if it works or not please.:confused:

17. applefans

applefans Member

Oct 13, 2010
  18. Alex Graal

Alex Graal Well-Known Member

Jul 11, 2010
    N/A
    U.S.A.
    Something makes me feel that this is the developer?

19. applefans

applefans Member

Oct 13, 2010
  20. Epox

Epox Well-Known Member

Jul 30, 2010
    App info is currently processing and/or the app is not yet fully available for sale on the US App Store.