iPad Power Towers New tower defense game

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by davidhenry114, Dec 12, 2008.

1. davidhenry114

davidhenry114 Active Member

Nov 4, 2008
  2. VeganTnT

VeganTnT Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Freelance Entertainment Analyst
    Orlando, FL
    I love TD games but I don't think I'm going to get this one though i'm really debating it.

The enemies are carbon copies of the Creeps found in DTD

I know the dev of DTD was looking for someone to port it to the iphone but there is no info on either devs blogs. =/

3. BOWB4ZOD

BOWB4ZOD Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Director, Producer, Editor
    Ontario, Canada
    this looks lame. I have Feildrunners and TapDefence. Those two are awesome. I'll need something that somehow tops those two to even consider buying a new TD game.

4. I just recently got iTD and highly recommend it for $2. Also Zombie Attack for a $1 is worth it too. Beseigement on the blog the new graphics look great in opengl so once that has an update to it I'll most likely take the plunge on that one too. I have fieldrunners and tapdefence (new update helped) like you and they're great td games just don't want to have you cut yourself short if you really love this genre.

5. Kuratsu

Kuratsu Well-Known Member

Nov 4, 2008
    College Student
    #5 Kuratsu, Dec 13, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2008
    Lol, I already have Besiegement (iTD, Zombie Attack, TapDefense and Fieldrunners too) and I'm quite looking forward to the update as it is by far my favorite TD out of all the ones I own.

I don't think I'm gonna pick this one up (at least not yet anyways (not to mention a screen shot doesn't tell me what a game is like), saving up for other games.)

6. riceman360

riceman360 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    has anyone tried this? after 7cities, tapdefense and fieldrunners, this one is not bad. i like that you can create a maze, unlike zombie attack where you have to space it out and just use cannons only. however i can't seem to find out how to make the goo and torch towers, which are in the help/glossary section. might be a bug.

7. D.Sync

D.Sync Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2008
    University Student
    Malaysia
    The graphics doesn't seems appealing to me. I'll pass on this one, definitely.

8. wiesse

wiesse Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    I still need to get 7 Cities first. At this rate, iTunes needs a TD games category.

9. Carlos-Sz

Carlos-Sz Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2008
    That's sounds a good idea! :)

10. riceman360

riceman360 Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    i admit the graphics aren't great. however there are better graphics on games like retro defense, iTD, and Mote-M and they aren't as fun (or at least i played those, got tired of them and deleted them in the past, while this one is relatively new to me, so i'm still playing it)

11. gus1

gus1 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2009
    #11 gus1, Jan 2, 2009
    Last edited: Jan 2, 2009
    Help please on last level of campaign

Hi, great game!

12. Cantello

Cantello Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Somehow this looked boring, unimaginative and lame at first, but once I started playing the lite version, I soon after bought the full game.

Rather high difficulty level, so far I didn't even beat the first level (dunno if there even are any, I reached wave 46) but simple and very intuitive gameplay. I like the tower upgrades with different paths.

I just wish there was more documentation on whether or not there are different maps, problems, challenges, etc. If yes, this would be a big plus.

I own nearly all TD-style games and would rate them:

Creeps > 7 Cities > Power Towers > Besiegement > Tapdefense >> Fieldrunners

13. soup

soup Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2009
    whats the difference between the lite version and the full one ?
    cos it doesn't say!

14. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    I am a big TD fan, but I just read a review in iTunes that says there is no save, is that true?

15. manolis

manolis Well-Known Member

Dec 7, 2008
    USA
    how many TD games r there gonna be?

16. Cantello

Cantello Member

Nov 27, 2008
    Any time you interrupt playing, it is automatically saved, at least that's what I experienced.

17. Fletch

Fletch Well-Known Member

Jan 14, 2009
    The Internet
    There is a strange resemblance...

if someone did port DTD it would be an instant buy for me, best TD game ever :D

18. Donburns99

Donburns99 Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2008
    ColdFusion Web Developer
    Rhode Island
    However many people want to make.

You could go out and make one, if you wanted.

19. kennfusion

kennfusion Well-Known Member

Dec 2, 2008
    Brooklyn, New York
    Believe it or not, we have barely touched the depth of what is out there on the web for TDs. There are a lot of really great variations out there that I would gladly add to my iPhone.

The newest one on Kongregate I like is Mushroom Revolution, it has some great new innovations in it.

There are also some really good TD games out there with RP elements. Those take longer to create, so I would not be surprised to start seeing more in depth TDs start to come out soon like GemCraft and Protector.

20. cptlockheed

cptlockheed Well-Known Member

Dec 12, 2008
    IT professional since the 80's
    Finland
    Oh yes, something similar to Gemcraft would be great! Can't count how many hours I've lost on that game on my pc.