Universal Power Hover (by Oddrok Oy)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Dec 9, 2015.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    That's so awesome! Congratulations! You have created such a special game with an amazingly unique gaming experience.

Billy

2. sniperx77

sniperx77 Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Anyone else having trouble with iCloud saving for this game in ios10? I can't get this to sync between my iPhone and iPad, it used to work in iOS 9.

3. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    #163 Oddrok, Oct 20, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    hmm, thanks for pointing this out, we haven't tested iCloud saving for iOS 10 yet. Adding this to things to fix list :)

4. sniperx77

sniperx77 Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Thanks, love this game!

5. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    #165 Oddrok, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
    Started working on another content update :)

Hello from Development trenches!

Lately we have been busy with a new Oddrok game: Little Knight(we will announce it properly later), while that has taken most of our time, we have been working with Power Hover as well...
    [​IMG]

We started working on Steam version of Power Hover few weeks ago, the game is currently in Steam Greenlight waiting for approval from Valve. If you want to help, check out the Power Hover Steam Greenlight page and leave a vote :)
    [​IMG]

Anyways, as we started working on Power Hover again, we decided to do another content update, we are doing a completly new chapter: new level selection map and probably more levels in the future.
    In the upcoming content update will have seven new levels!These new levels will be a bit harder than the maingame levels.

Here's a first screen shot from a new level: "back to the loop"

[​IMG]

6. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    #166 Oddrok, Nov 16, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2016
    Gifs from the new levels.

Hello, is there anyone out there? Not too much action here and I haven't posted in a while either.

Anyways, here are few gifs from the upcoming Third(!) Power Hover content update:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Estimated time of arrival: early December :)

7. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    We found the bug! It was pretty hard to replicate as iCloud saving was working on ipad and appleTV devices, and we are mostly testing and playing the game on iPads these days, but as soon as we started testing the game on iPhones the saving issue happened. So it only happened on iPhone and with ios 10 as you said, which made the issue bit hard to track, sorry about that. Anyways, we managed to fix the issue and cloud saving will be fixed in the next update.

Speaking of the next update: Power Hover 1.7.0, release date: 8th dec.!

And heres few more gifs:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    1.7.0 done, releasing 8th of dec!

And we are done! 1.7.0 has been submitted and is ready for release on next thursday! (8th of dec!)

Here's a little gif of the all the new levels on the update:
    [​IMG]

NEW STUFF
    • New main chapter: the green and mysterious desert.
    • 6 new levels
    • 1 new endless boss level
    • New Highrise Theme
    • New Map Screen
    • Three new Achievements
    • Stickers! impress your friends with cool new stickers for iMessaging!

IMPROVEMENTS:
    • General UI improvements for the menus
    • Usability for Apple TV remote improved

FIXES
    • iCloud saving works for iPhone & ios10
    • Fixed the issue of not beign able to energize everything on the village.

Quite a big update! New map opens up once you playthrough all the original levels. (you can also buy it open for those few who just want to see the new levels fast)

9. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    i really love you guys.

10. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    heads up!

new update is OUT! and it is amazing, this game is one of my favourites EVER! new icon is also pretty good.

devs, i can't say how much i love you and your hard work on this one. thanks!

11. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #171 LordShad0wz, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    I have two words that summons up this update:

HOLY CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you haven't gotten this game it's time to get it. You will NOT be disappointed. This is one of those game where if I could score it higher than 5 stars I honestly would. There is so much content that you unlock by actually playing (gasp) and now there are all sorts of missions and a new chapter and new robots and characters both in the missions and the campaign. There are endless Boss dungeons that are procedurally generated. There's an entire village to restore power to that will give you better abilities as you go.

I could go on and on. From the amazing art style and graphic to the simple but difficult to master two button controls it's a quality game with a AWESOME developer that really cares about the game. Wow that was a run on sentence but he'll who cares!

Get.
    This.
    Game.

Btw Oddrok I paid to started the new chapter just to send you a little more money. Thank you for continuing to support this game. I might buy that robot with the magnet in the missions section too. I'm trying to decide if I want health or magnet first.

Billy

12. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Thanks for the awesome replies! These comments made our day, really cool to see that people care about this game as much as we do. <3

13. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    #173 Matt33, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2016
    Wow, wasn't expecting even more content! The new levels are gorgeous.

I was able to fully power the village with the new energy, and the first 3 levels counted towards and completed my Unscathed achievement. Thank you!

Now I gotta improve on a few bosses for 5000 :)

Almost forgot: Looking forward to seeing more about Little Knight. As a fan of yours and platformers, I'm very intrigued by that gif!

14. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Boss 5000: there's a challenge for you! btw. I already saw someone posting scores above 5000 on Boss 5, that was fast.

Showing more of Little Knight early next year. We are pretty ecstatic about it!

15. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Ooooooo a new game??? Oh yea I can't wait!! Sign me up lol

Billy

16. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Got around to finishing that achievement today :D

[​IMG]

Do you know when you'll be showing off more about Little Knight?