Universal Power Hover (by Oddrok Oy)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Dec 9, 2015.

1. baldeagle86

baldeagle86 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2013
    The challenge mode is great!! Question about what transfers with iCloud though. I noticed my story progress did no problem, and my bolts did in challenge mode but nothing else (character unlocks, challenge levels etc). Is this working as intended? We just need to play challenge mode separately per device?

2. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Ouch, thanks for finding this one. Luckily it's quite easy to unlock the challenges with better robots. Will be fixed in a patch.

3. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Power HOver 1.6.0 is out!

NEW VERSION IS OUT! Head to the App Store and get the update or buy the game!

GET POWER HOVER!

[​IMG]

Newest version brings challenge mode: new robots, mechanics and challenge levels. Come and challenge us! At the moment we are the number #1 & #2 on the new game center leaderboards.

We also added few new languages and iCloud saving. Hope to see you on the leaderboards!

Oh and I see we got featured on Toucharcade frontpage once again! Super! :cool:

4. MajesticLobster

MajesticLobster Well-Known Member

Dec 25, 2015
    I've been intrigued but held off till this morning. Just bought thanks to the article.....way cool game, will take some time nailing down the controls. Looking forward to lots of plays!

5. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Power Hover sale.

Game is on sale for 1.99 for a short period!
    we try to get most out of featuring we got for the new update!

Lots of people have been playing the challenge mode, but there's still room for others, get the game for cheap now and join the action! :)

6. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Summer sale continues! Can we go even lower?(well we can't unless we make the game free)
    Power hover is now 0.99$!
    [​IMG]

7. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    bought it for one euro. was glad i waited, because the controls don't do it for me. Floaty side controls on a runner annoy me like floaty jumps on a platformer. I liked the art style and the level design though. I wish we could have the option of non-floaty hoverboards, even for seperate leaderboards as it wouldnt be fair for the more difficult floaty boards that are there now.

8. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Oh, sorry to hear that, there has been quite a lot of talk about the controls in the earlier pages and we still stand by what we said earlier, the controls are "floaty" by design, it's a hover board game after all :)

There is no friction on the board and every action needs a counter action. We believe that this makes the controls more interesting that normal double tap controls these type of games usually have.

I hope you give the game another change, and hopefully the controls *click for you :)

9. ramzarules

ramzarules Well-Known Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Greece
    No worries, i read about the floaty controls and that was what was keeping me from full price purchase :) I dont regret trying it for a euro, and will surely look to your future games, you have style! :)

10. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #150 LordShad0wz, Jul 8, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 8, 2016
    Oddrok and everyone,

So you snuck in another update? You are sneaky! Go get the update people! To Oddrok specifically even though I didn't need to I immediately tapped that stuck button and made the $2.99 in app purchase to unlock all levels and get 20,000 energy. Why? Because first off this game when originally released was worth more than you charged for it. Then you updated it with amazing new levels that are just so freaken awesome. You did this for free. As a whole I feel you deserve another purchase and that's why I hit that button. Your the type of dev I like giving my money to.

Thank you for making a unique game, a fun game, and for continuing to update it and make it better and for taking the time to talk to us here.

If you haven't purchased this game, you really are missing out on an amazing experience. Look back through the thread and watch the gameplay videos and see the dev blog. This is one of the best games I've ever purchased on my IPhone.

I'm a fan,
    Billy

11. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    This was the great! Getting responses like this really make our day! Thank you :)

And yes, a new version of the game is out, there was a little bug in the leader boards that we had to fix, so that's the reason why we didn't make noise about the release earlier, bug is now fixed.

1.6.2 improvements:
    New challenge level: DO NOT FALL!
    Korean language support added :cool:

12. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Now FREE for the very first time. The IAPs seem to be optional only.

13. hvianna

hvianna Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2012
    Male
    IT Analyst / Webmaster
    Brazil
    Hey Oddrok! I'm enjoying the game, but I don't see a female character to unlock.

How about a homage to Rosie from "The Jetsons", or Sorayama's classic robotic pinups? That would be awesome!

14. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    That would be absolutely awesome and absolutely fit in with the game. I don't even play female characters in games but man Hvianna that's just a perfect idea! Oddrok you really should do this request! It would really be inclusive for all the lady players.

Billy

15. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Good suggestion, all though I've always thought that the robots in the game are androgynous. I admit that they have mostly male characteristics, so this is definitely something to ponder in the possible future additions to the game. :)

Power hover is this weeks Free app of the week game in the appStore! Really excited to get loads of new players into the game! Go get the game an spread the word!

16. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    #156 JohnnyClash, Jul 28, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2016
    Thanks.. I had missed this one last year.. At the time of initial release, there was another big title that was getting my attention.. Really great game.. Thanks for sharing..

17. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    This game is heaps of fun and has such a slick style, with smooth, captivating level designs. The optional perfectionist goals greatly appealed to me, and it was a satisfying challenge to get all the 100% battery badges and 3 star the boss levels.

Although now I'm left wondering how else I'm supposed to get more energy to buy the last power station. It seems like I've done everything, but only have 1600/2500.

Has anyone gotten the Unscathed achievement? I'm stuck at 70% and I've tried completing levels without getting hit, with and without getting 100% batteries, completing the same level 10 times in a row without being hit, and completing the first 10 levels in a row without being hit.

18. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015

19. Matt33

Matt33 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2010
    Developer
    Canada
    Hey, thanks for the reply!

Maybe I'm missing something, so I took pics of each level to be sure. Here's the gallery: http://imgur.com/a/Le94R

I went back and beat each level from 11 onward without getting hit, exiting to level select after each failure just in case. No change to the 70%, my progress must've been corrupted somehow at some point. Not the best information for finding a bug, I know, but I'd really appreciate it if you could look into it!

20. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    4,000,000 downloads!

[​IMG]

Yeah, that happened, amazing!! Thank you all for playing :)