Universal Power Hover (by Oddrok Oy)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Dec 9, 2015.

1. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Sent codes, I got two codes left still :)

2. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    #122 Oddrok, Apr 15, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 15, 2016
    Power Hover sale, one week 0.99!!

We just lowered Power Hover iOS price to 0.99$(from 2.99$) for a week!! If you haven't got your very own Hover game yet, now it's the time! :cool:

[​IMG]

3. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    I'm sorry I didn't get to post this earlier, Oddrok, THANK YOU! Your game and your work is just effing awesome! The update really delivers on the experience. This game is just amazing. There's really nothing more that needs to be said. I just wanted to say thank you for continuing to support the game. You should have charged for this update but you didn't. I would have paid. It's worth it.

You've really made a fan out of me.

Billy

4. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    <3 best post :)

5. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    This isnt a top priority download for me, but with the sale i immediately jumped in and man this game does impress.

Everything in Power Hover screams quality, polish, charm and style.

6. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Thanks for the code :) I have passed the first few levels and they are getting a little tough. I love runners and don't do f2p there are so few premium runners that I can't believe I missed this on release. I love the visuals, style and music. i can tell I am going to be putting some time into this, it's wonderful!

7. CygnetSeven

CygnetSeven Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2010
    Got this based on EP's recommendation. I'll try to fire it up later.

8. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Bought this when it went on sale and wow! I have massive backlog so sometimes it seems wasteful to buy new games before I'm through the others in line, but in just having too much fun with this! Some of the segments even remind me a little bit of the classic S.T.U.N. Runner from back in my arcade days. Would absolutely die if that were to be released, until then, this game is totally its own thing and immensely enjoyable! Hats off to the dev for a fine tuned and high quality obstacle racer!

9. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

Just accomplished: First boss level, 5,288 points, three stars, 3:33 minutes:

Hard as hell!!! Fortunately there were enough slow-motion power-ups. But the tempo change is challenging and very dangerous as well… Absolutely great game! Thanks!

10. imdakine1

imdakine1 Well-Known Member

Aug 23, 2011
    Not a super fan of these types of games as an old school gamer from the days of pong and beyond... Touch isn't my cup of tea with arcade type games but for .99 and with a ongoing backlog of games I decided to get this one from the reviews and graphics!

Fun... A little frustrating, not one to like to replay levels over and over for simple mistakes as it is down to a simple minor miss touch and usually I just want to quit.. Mainly focused on getting 3 stars which can drive me crazy when I'm off my one.

Touch is responsive and slight sensitive to give a little less arcade and more simulation feeling in arcade style game with gravity, physics, or weight to the hover board.

I'm definitely impressed and no doubt .99 is a steal with full price being a fair price. I'd recommend to anyone who has even an inclination to try this especially at .99.

With my other backlog of games I might not of have gotten this at full price just because it isn't the genre of games I normally like!

Happy hovering!

11. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    We have started working on a another content update, not going to be chapter 5, but a bit smaller Daily challenge gamemode type of deal.

BTW. Game is on sale again!

12. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    good news once again. but guys, please, return the old icon!

13. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

#133 Habakuk, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
    Interesting. I thought the same at first. P.e. I'm (better: we are) playing the well-known racing game Asphalt (local multiplayer only) with tilt controls only. The touch controls in Power Hover are working excellent anyway.

However, maybe it could be interesting to try tilt controls in Power Hover I thought sometimes. But the controls are perfect in this game! The technique reminds us a bit to skiing (Parallel Turn, Wikipedia).

Same to all of you!

Devs: Ever thought about a multiplayer racing mode? That must be awesome fun! And if YES: Plz don't forget LOCAL multiplayer—it's the BEST thing you can imagine! Try Asphalt with local multiplayer (more iOS devices in the same race, up to eight I believe) and see how it's well coded. Rock stable for hours, days and weeks. You could even implement local multiplayer in your tvOS version (split screen), it works very well in other games.

And thanks for the great game! It's one of my favorites right now and I own more than 16,000 iOS games according to my iTunes purchases list. Great video feature! Watch my video of the first boss level (embedded in my previous posting in this very thread).

Power Hover is highly recommended! Can't await ANY update!

14. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    #134 Oddrok, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
    Sorry, this icon stays. We did some user testing an the red lightning just wasn't bringing in the people like this new one, I think new one works better because it actually tells something about the game. Old icon was perfect as a icon though, but in the mobile world the first impression is very important, the way we see it: the mobile app icon is not really an icon as is, it's more like little display window for the game. So hopefully you understand our reasons for the icon change. (I wish users could change the icon on iOS)

Here are some different versions we tested(all generated more players than the red lighting btw.):
    [​IMG]

Fun fact, Power hover started as a slalom game initially, here's picture I found from the archives:
    [​IMG]

Yes we have thought about it, but we have been thinking that competitive racing may not be a good fit with Power Hover mechanics, but you never know, I would love to make a multiplayer game someday.

Impressive amount of games! Thanks for the compliment! I forgot to comment on your video earlier, but top notch playing! I shared it in Twitter as how to master Boss stage in Power Hover ;)

15. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    First Peek into the challenge game-mode we are building. Mode will have challenging randomly generated tracks with various missions that player can complete. Also it's separate from the main campaign so we can experiment a bit more with abstract styles and hazards.

[​IMG]

16. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    We are almost ready with the challenge-mode, looks like we will be releasing it next month.

Here's a sneakpeek into new characters that can be unlocked by completing different challenges.

[​IMG]

17. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    We are almost ready with the Challenge mode, localizations and little tweaks left to do, it should come out in a couple of weeks. Free update for the game owners.

Here's a small clip from the distance challenge, the spaceship is pretty RAD :cool:
    Different vehicles and characters have different abilities in the challenge mode, spaceship for instance has better handling than default.

[​IMG]

18. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    The new update is going to be insane

19. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Cant wait for it either. One of the latest games i fell in love with.

20. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    #140 Oddrok, Jun 9, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2016
    Power Hover v1.6.0 Release date!

We are ready with the new update!
    Releasing next Thursday on iOS and AppleTV. Update is free for earlier buyers, as always :)

[​IMG]

Hope to see many of you on the leaderboards next week! :D