Universal Power Hover (by Oddrok Oy)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by touchy85, Dec 9, 2015.

1. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #61 LordShad0wz, Dec 13, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2015
    If you are a total perfectionist I can see this game possibly becoming a little irritating. I've only gotten all the batteries on two levels lol I'm only missing one or two on every level. I haven't bothered to go back yet. I Am working more towards finishing the game first so I have access to all of the procedurally generated boss levels. Then I will go back and try for every battery.

Billy

2. squarezero

squarezero Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver

Dec 10, 2008
    Male
    Chief Strategy Officer
    Salem, Massachusetts, USA
    That said, you have to appreciate the fact that you can miss one or two batteries and still get 3 star rating on a level. That may not satisfy a perfectionist, but it certainly helps a tolerant completionist :).

3. Qwertz555

Qwertz555 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2010
    Ok, after re-dl and 45 minutes later, i'm at the same level 7 again. While i usually check out every bit of the menu/stage/world screens (could be interactive or have some hidden secrets), i totally missed this "powerup the buildings" part...speechless.
    I guess my little frustration about the (still) not too confident controls let me overlook this important detail. At least i was aware of how stupid i felt (and looked) after your post, lol.

Btw, as a good skier/snowboarder i know a little about inertia and such...

And Billy, lol, how many times i was shaking my head about your problems you had with controls and i didn't. I'm glad you dig them here, and thanks (and to others) for the gentle tapping tipps. Though i still wished me a sensitivity option, which will hardly come.

4. raravan

raravan Well-Known Member

May 18, 2014
    OMG, i'm playing this game 24/7. can't stop.

5. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Just a heads up:
    There's a slight problem about 100% the game: In the current version (1.0.2) Rings level(#13) has a bug: there's one invisible battery that cannot be collected. We noticed the issue and it will be fixed the next update.
    Sorry about that my fellow perfectionist/completist :eek:

6. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    #66 LordShad0wz, Dec 13, 2015
    Oddrok,

For the rings level, I need to say something. I hate you. I really do. Lol

On another note, would you consider making it so we could get energy on the boss levels so we can earn energy? So at 1500 you'd make 300 energy etc etc everytime.

Billy

7. redribbon

redribbon Well-Known Member

Jun 11, 2010
    entepreanur,programmer
    #67 redribbon, Dec 13, 2015
    haha, well said square, thats exactly what i feel when i missed two or three batteries :D . it also confirmed myself for being a completionist, what nice awkward word :D). this game is a total blast. i really having a great time for the past two weeks with air attack 2 and this one, also with DD2 now on my backlog playing list.

8. raravan

May 18, 2014
    lol. that was really hard.

9. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    #69 Oddrok, Dec 13, 2015
    Ha, you should have seen in on the beta phase, our testers(friends&family) almost unanimously said it was the hardest level of the game.

Now that i think of it, it still might be :p tricky rings!

We considered this, but decided agaist as it would have been really hard to balance the upgrading.
    We have something planned that would motivate players more to reach the "three" stars on the bosses.

10. icoker

icoker Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    My my. Is this game something. I got it and i did miss a few batteries. BUT, going back to it was no problem because I really enjoy replaying some of the levels.

11. Echoseven

Echoseven Moderator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Jul 19, 2011
    The red Skittle
    #71 Echoseven, Dec 15, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    For the sake of fellow perfectionists - if you miss a battery, the rewind button in the pause menu takes you back to the last checkpoint.

Also, I'm king of perfectionists. I don't move on until I get 100%, which is why I don't play 3-star games with randomness like Angry Birds and the like. "Rings" drove me nuts. Seriously. I played it more than 30 times to make damn SURE that I found that last battery. :(

12. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    Now that the Launch week is almost behind us, We have started working on the first content update :) I'll keep you updated!

13. raravan

May 18, 2014
    waiting like crazyyyyy!!!!

14. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    Alright is anyone else not making enough power to activate all of the buildings?

I hope you consider making the procedurally generated levels give out coins every time. Even if it's a small amount.

I'm way way behind on activating the buildings and I'm really far with 3 stars on every level.

Billy

15. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    We just put Power Hover on sale -50% for limited time. go get it now if you haven't already!

Here's a little holiday greeting from ODDROK and a little tease on the new content that we are working on ATM. There will be snow and fire :)

[​IMG]

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYBODY AND THANKS FOR PLAYING & SUPPORT & BEING COOL!

16. raravan

May 18, 2014
    awesome, thank you again guys for this amazing game!

17. LordShad0wz

Nov 19, 2014
    I suggest anyone on the fence nows the time to hit it! You won't be sorry. I've been playing everyday. It's worth the money at full price. You will be very lucky to get it half off!

Billy

18. callmesteam

callmesteam Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2014
    Albuquerque, NM
    Keeps showing that it's 'being modified'. Other apps showing the same message. Hmmmm

19. Oddrok

Oddrok Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2015
    We heard this was happening to others as well...Did the error go away? we double checked everything and all should be correct on the app. Hopefully it was just a glitch in the matrix. ;)

20. Buss1985

Buss1985 Well-Known Member

Feb 20, 2013
    I'm loving this game. I'm now 4th on Game Center for the final boss level which is pretty cool.

However one level is really frustrating me, just can't find 3 batteries on Rollers. I get 29 every time. Gonna take me a while to find them I think.

Anyway, having a great time playing it, thanks to Oddrok!