Universal Power Grounds (by Diego Cathalifaud)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Apr 9, 2014.

1. YellowHat

YellowHat Well-Known Member

Feb 7, 2013
    Soon, hopefully.

[​IMG]

2. You're right, this game does look like 868-Hack, but probably even better cause of the rpg shooting elements.

3. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    Oooo awesome! I love the new menu. Will it show score, wave, and spells?

4. YellowHat

Feb 7, 2013
    I've not decided yet. If I decide to put only GC leaderboards, then I will be able to show only the score.

5. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    I want it all (easier said then done)!

How about at least remaining detailed with local scoring and, if need be, just keeping it basic for GC.

Actually, how hard is it to do multiple leaderboards? Sure we'll never know which components came from which run but, with Arena for example, you could track both top wave reached and top score separately in GC.

6. YellowHat

Feb 7, 2013
    In arena, score and wave are pretty much the same thing. Adding a 3rd leaderboard would be a little bit redundant.

In the next update, I think I will just include in-game Game Center leaderboards. Maybe in the future I will add local leaderboards with a detail of wave reached and spells used.

The thing is: there's a tradeoff between adding more features to PG and making my next game. And I can't wait to make my next game!

7. Roleki

Roleki Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2012
    The gameplay sounds intriguing, but the graphics look too "sanitary" - too jarring for me to concentrate and way out of context.

Reskin this and I'm in!

8. bcredonk

bcredonk Well-Known Member

Apr 8, 2014
    Letting you keep your abilities would take away some strategy I think, I like how it is now

9. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Wait, didn't Amber Halls just come out a couple weeks ago? I bought it back then! Then this came out like one week ago? Crazy haha! So the dev said the mechanics are very different, is that true? And is one better than the other, or are they both so different, but still really good by themselves? Because I'm just a little puzzled now, due to everything happening so darn quickly. If you had to choose one, what would it be? And to the dev: why such quick releases? I mean, not that I care, but wouldn't you want to wait it out to make some more money on the other one first?

10. Bronxsta

Bronxsta Well-Known Member

What? What does this even mean?

11. Bronxsta

You can download the original 7DRL version of Power Grounds here:
    http://www.axaxaxas.com/

12. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    They are very different mechanics, even if using the same basic innards for UI and graphics.

I personally FAAR prefer Power Grounds as I find the Sokoban like play in Amber Halls a bit tedious.

13. YellowHat

Feb 7, 2013
    Both games are very different. I play Amber Halls more often because it's a lot more challenging and I like that. But people seem to prefer Power Grounds because it is very interesting and less frustrating.

I think it was very good to release both games in quick succession because more people knew about me. Maybe that's the reason why Apple decided to feature Power Grounds in the US iPad store.

14. YellowHat

Feb 7, 2013
    Oh, and if you like Power Grounds, you can vote for the game in this thread: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=225140.

It's weird, Amber Halls did very well in the TA forums GOTW, but Power Grounds is not doing as well, despite the fact that people seem to like it more.

15. Bronxsta

Well personally I liked Amber Halls because it was challenging too, but I liked Power Grounds more. The former felt more like a puzzler, but Power Grounds is far more strategic and the player has so much more freedom in approaching a room

16. LordGek

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Amber Halls is actually growing on me, even if I can't get better than the 6th room and 21 points. :)

17. YellowHat

Feb 7, 2013
    Level 6 is very good.

If you want to learn some strats, you should watch the replays!

18. YellowHat

Feb 7, 2013
  19. Power grounds is quite fun, the gameplay is quite fun so far.

20. JCho133

JCho133 Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2012
    I think AH keeps me coming back more than PG because the Daily Quest is a fun reason to open up the game every day