Universal Power DOS: x86 Emulator for iOS Devices

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sciencematthew, Jan 17, 2015.

1. drelbs

drelbs Well-Known Member

Jun 25, 2009
    It's going to be the same as iDOS. If you can reassign actions from a mouse click to a button/key that might work for you. (I've seen some people set up games to use mouse to aim, spacebar to fire.)

2. cuavsfan

cuavsfan Member

Feb 20, 2015
    Thanks for the quick answer!

I tried using some other programs to let the joystick act as the mouse, but I wasn't able to get them to work. It doesn't seem like the options to reassign the actions are present within the games I want, so I'll probably keep tinkering around with other things and if I come up with anything I'll post here again.

3. Gwarmaxx

Gwarmaxx Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    #143 Gwarmaxx, Feb 26, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2015
    and why not an easier way?

copy on a .txt doc

cd name of folder (ex: cd MONKISLA)
    name of exe (ex: MONKEY)
    cd \

then save it as name of folder.bat (ex: MONKISLA.bat) and throw it on main Documents folder, so you'll need only to type the name of .bat (ex: MONKISLA) in the prompt... and press enter!

4. Sciencematthew

Sciencematthew Well-Known Member

Yep, this is a good idea. Also, most games can be exited via pressing escape or Alt+F4. (while staying in iDOS).

5. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    How did you get that keyboard ? The one I've got in power dos is transparent

Cheers

6. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    transparent?

there's an option for keyboard transparency while you're in DOS pal, even in the middle of a game!!!

7. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Sorry I meant the keyboard. On the screenshot above it's like a 'proper' keyboard with buttons. Mines more like an overlay with no depth to the buttons etc

On idos I had that '3d style' keyboard. On power dos it's different. More flat etc

8. AlanBell68

AlanBell68 Member

Jul 6, 2013
    Unfortunately, the GUI is mouse mode only, but it is something I might be able to modify. It won't be any time soon, as I have a lot on my plate at the moment, but when I get around to it, I'll post an updated link

9. AlanBell68

AlanBell68 Member

Jul 6, 2013
    The GUI is actually going the same thing behind the scenes, dynamically creating the batch file from the three parameters in the config file. Basically you are doing less typing and it integrates the new game into the GUI front-end launcher. Everything is point and click at that point forward.

If the game has the ability to exit, you will be returned to the GUI. The drop-down menu if the GUI will also let you exit to DOS. From DOS, typing "Menu" will take you back to the launcher.

10. Habakuk

Habakuk Well-Known Member

The app is now FREE (for a limited time obviously).

11. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    #151 Sexy Pirate, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
    Going to try this out later when I get home. Hope I can figure it out/get it working as if love to have a nostalgia trip and play some old dos games.

Edit. Nvm figured out the prompts after a bit of fiddling, it slows comes back to me.
    Got a few things running.
    One thing I can't figure tho, when I user the "dir" command and it lists the files, if there's more files than it can fit on the screen how do I see the ones that are at the top of the list?
    Thanks.

12. Takeo_Masaki

Takeo_Masaki Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Student
    England
    I know this is probably the most stupid questions in the thread but...
    I'm new to this stuff but it sounds cool so I downloaded it. I don't understand how you get the games up, please can someone help? What do I type in e.t.c.

13. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    dir / w

14. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Ifunbox. Thats what most people use to copy stuff into specific folders

15. Gwarmaxx

Feb 2, 2010
    NCC 1701
    never used DOS, right?

dir/p then any button to scroll

16. kleerkoat

kleerkoat Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    wth, free for what, an hour? lol

17. KusanagiShiro

KusanagiShiro Active Member

Apr 24, 2012
    Student
    San Rafael, CA, USA
    Good news: I managed to get Raptor working WITH the God Mode engaged. It works again. I also have BioMenace working. About freaking time. no more apps now all my old games (which I got legally by Christmas gifts when younger!) work fine.

18. Sexy Pirate

Sexy Pirate Well-Known Member

Sep 29, 2014
    Call centre / Parent
    Newcastle England
    Haha thanks. I've Used dos but not in a very long time, I'm 35 and the last time I used dos promts was probably when that was the only way to launch stuff :rolleyes:

19. ArtistWolf

ArtistWolf Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2014
    Shortest sale in the history of the App Store. Haha!

20. Dossy

Dossy Member

Mar 24, 2015
    Wow! I believed all DOS apps were still getting shot down. Currently I can spot three iDOS apps and this one available. If anyone can tell me how I could get basically anything sweet working in any of the emulators I’d buy them immediately! How do I move stuff to into the app and how well does controlling any game work say maybe Rogue?
    I’m going to start working my way through the messages available already but I’m a bit busy so any assistance would be certainly appreciated.