Universal Postknight - A pocket-sized delivery adventure by Kurechii

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by kurechii, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lokischw

Lokischw New Member

Nov 30, 2016
    Loving it!

I'm playing it in Android and found something and have some suggestions:

Just it for now, hope it helps!

2. panfried

panfried Well-Known Member

Oct 2, 2013
    #22 panfried, Nov 30, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
    A couple more things I have noticed:
    1. On an iPhone when I have music playing it suppresses the volume when starting the game, I wish it didn't do that.
    2. When completing a delivery quest in Shello Bay it still says "Postbox Pompon" at the completion dialog before opening your treasure chest reward.
    3. I wish the postbox would light up or glow when a delivery quest is available. Or maybe the flag on top goes away when none are ready and shows up when there is one.
    4. Is trading the only way to obtain the pieces of equipment that show up in a merchant's inventory? For example, would I ever be able to find the Seagleam Sword on a mission?
    5. I don't find gems very useful at this point. It would be really cool to be able to use them to buy fashion items such as sunglasses, eye patches, scars, tattoos etc.
    6. I wish there was a page that showed detailed stats: attack power, melee/ranged/magic defense, dodge change, crit chance, move speed etc.

I really like how every time you update equipment it changes how it looks slightly, awesome job on that!
    More to come!

3. kurechii

kurechii Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    Thanks for the feedback!
    I'll share them with the team and see how we can work to improve the game :D

Thank you for the list!
    I'll be going through it with the team to fix and improve what we can :D

As for the #4, items that are found at the merchant won't drop on missions. Perhaps that is where you can consider spending the gems?

For #6, do you mean a detailed explaination on what the stats affect? Or something else? :)

4. panfried

Oct 2, 2013
    What I mean is when I have 30 STR and a weapon with 13 attack power how much damage would I do?
    When I have 10 DEX what is my percent chance of getting a critical hit or dodging an attack?
    When I have 20 INT what is my magic defense and percent bonus to EXP?

There is nowhere to check these kinds of details.
    It isn't necessary to play the game, its only a little wish of mine :).

Two of my biggest issues so far:
    1. If the game crashes during a route mission (the ones from the wooden signpost) there is no way to continue where you left off. This is especially rough when you were on the second half of the mission, as in after the healing merchant. Is there a way to have the game save your progress when you reach him? That way we can continue if something happens without loosing everything.
    2. Ranking up to a B class Postknight still gives C class delivery missions. Are B class mission implemented yet?

I beat all story missions today. Now time to reach level 40 and max out the Seagleam set! Those scales are hard to find...

5. kurechii

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    Understood!
    We did include simple tooltips for the stats, but you are looking for something more detailed, yes?
    I'll let the team know and see what we can do.

Regarding those 2:
    We are still working to prevent mid-route crashes and save-losses at the moment.
    Is it a specific route that this keeps happening on? Or does it happen randomly and often?

Apologies for the ranked missions, we are still working to add more and for different ranks!

Happy scaling :cool:

6. panfried

Oct 2, 2013
    From what I can remember it has only happened during a mission one time so far, on Siren's Shore. It has happened a couple of times in town but everything was saved when I opened the app back up.
    It may have something to do with me playing on my bus ride home from work and being on 4G/LTE rather than WiFi. I could have lost internet connection for a second and it crashed, I'm not sure.

I agree with a post on your Facebook page stating that the potion buffs are over too quickly and I have been trying to think of a balanced way to increase their duration. Maybe every 5 or 10 points of INT could add a bonus to buff durations. You could also add another ingredient to the mix that increases it but then you need to rework the UI to fit it in. Just something to think about.

I am curious as to what other kind of potions you guys have in mind for later updates.

Routes on hard mode need have their rewards (gold/EXP/treasure) increased at some point, right now they don't serve much purpose except for bragging rights :p. You could even make some treasures only drop on hard routes so they would be pretty rare and valuable.

Now if I can only figure out
    the code to open the debug panel...
    :D

7. breban1

breban1 Well-Known Member

The look reminds me of Wonder Boy from the days of the Sega Master System. Gonna check this out now!

8. kurechii

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    Thanks for the details :)
    I'll look into it with the team and improve what we can for the next update, and then for the release.

Happy delivering! :D Let me know if you encounter any issues.

9. flaviuscons

flaviuscons New Member

Oct 21, 2016
    Played for a bit and really like the game. I noticed 2 issues:
    1. After the first few quests there was a really long walk before returning to town. At one point I had to tap on settings and select return to town
    2. Also from time to time during a quest I saw a flashing white square just above the skills bar where the road is (exactly where Go option is for starting a quest)

For now I haven't gotten to far (just lvl 12) but the game is interesting. What I would like to see is more variety of equipment with different stats. Unique sets with different bonuses.

10. kurechii

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    Hi, thanks for playing!

We are aware of the first issue and are looking into it to fix it as soon as possible.
    Thanks for letting us know about the flashing white square!

There will definitely be more equipment with different perks when you collect and wear the full set =)

11. DLark

DLark Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2014
    I hooked with the game. Simple and nice.

The game is pretty good in the beta. Some things to consider:
    1. A more detailed stats like panfried mention. Especially the critical rate and dodge.
    2. The perk that is unlock once you maxed out an equipment. I want to know what is the perk for the equipment before I max it out. I know all the equipment will eventually get maxed out but the journey to get there need more precise selection.
    3. An indication as to where the mats location. I am really having problem finding Siren Scales and I don't know where to farm.

12. kurechii

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    Thanks for the feedback :) I'll be sharing these with the team during our meeting to see what we can do!

13. spad3

spad3 New Member

Dec 7, 2016
    I love the game.
    Improvements/Suggestions:
    Money//I don't know if it's me, but I feel like money is slightly low, restricts me from upgrading an ok amount.
    Action Ratio// If you guys want to spice the game up more, I'd suggest another skill or two. Of course this would require enemy ratio to cooldown of skills. Mini or Big Boss suggestions which brings more versatility?
    Stat Reset// I feel like there should be a stat reset to test which stats are best for my style. Maybe for a somewhat medium priced cost, so this would stop players from keep reseting.
    Current gear stats// If looking at a newer item in the blacksmith, I want to be able to see the difference stats gained, instead of having to go back everytime.

I really want a special item as we are trying to improve the game as testers :) Please give us contributors a special item! Perhaps some appearance clothing that goes over the normal gear? Or WINGS! :D

14. Sterlix

Sterlix Member

Jul 12, 2016
    Suggestion:
    When trading: could a visual cue be added to/ on items your able to trade for?

For example:
    At the moment, I am unsure if I have the required items for a trade, back out of the screen, open inventory to check.

It is not a major issue, more: user-ease factor.

15. xinn3r

xinn3r Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2012
    signed up for the beta

Was just reminiscing playing King's League: Oddsey and decided to see what your studio is up to, only to find that you're looking for beta testers!

Already signed up and look forward to getting the invite!

16. DLark

DLark Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2014
    Found the visual bug. Image is blank

Attached Files:

17. kurechii

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    Thanks for letting us know about your thoughts!
    Money - We'll keep it in mind for when we balance it :)
    Action Ratio - As of now, we are aiming to add more variety to the skills not in terms of quantity but choices (more to come later!)
    Stat Reset - Definitely having on, but probably upon official release instead of the current beta state.
    Current Gear Stats - Noted, I'll make sure to discuss this with the team.

Understood! I will bring this up with the team in our next discussion :)

Aww, thanks for remembering King's League! Thanks for signing up, hope you'll enjoy Postknight as well :D

Thanks for letting us know, we'll look into it!

18. Potemkinz

Potemkinz New Member

Jan 1, 2017
    #38 Potemkinz, Jan 1, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 1, 2017
    i got this bug after clearing a level on seashell bay

i cant click the v sign, i cant do anything on my screen
    my device is samsung tab s2

add : the area is shello bay... level was siren's shore

i really like this game, when will you guys do a full release? this month?
    the only thing i dislike is the potion system, sometimes getting the potion to a higher heal level means losing your heal per minute level...

Attached Files:

19. kurechii

Sep 4, 2013
    Indie Game Developer
    Malaysia
    Hi everyone,

We just unlocked a new area for early access players: Griffondell is now officially available!
    Do update your game to version 1.0.8 to visit the long-awaited highlands!

[​IMG]

Here's what's in store:
    • Level cap has been increased to 50.
    • Level Up interface has been improved.
    • Checkpoint dialogues have been updated.
    • Updated relationship decay: you will lose 1 heart for being away for a day, 2 hearts for 3 days, and a maximum of only 3 hearts for a week or more of being away.
    • You will receive a notification 2 hours before a relationship decay happens.
    • Improved name input experience.

A reminder that you can only access Griffondell after completing Shello Bay.

Other changelogs can be found on Postknight's Facebook page.
    You can also drop us a private message there regarding issues you are facing, or if you have suggestions.

Attached Files:

20. schnitselking

schnitselking Member

Oct 31, 2012
    Is anyone else in Beta having issues accessing deliveries above Rank C?

There are a couple of things I'd love to see in future updates:
    1. Some indication of what gifts are OK for each bond. Only being able to gift every few hours, and not knowing the effects of each gift make it pretty difficult to level the bonds.
    2. Indication of what levels have what materials. For example, I'm having a heck of a time getting maple logs in big quantities for later equip upgrades.