iPad possible iphone version of world of goo?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Man of Mystery, Oct 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Man of Mystery

Man of Mystery Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2008
    texas
    well world of goo came out this week and it's already in my top 10 favorite games ever, and i figured it'd make a great iphone game since you only use the mouse and the graphics aren't too crazy/3d

so i emailed 2dboy suggesting they make one and they responded with

(we'll see with a ! usually means yes)

anyone else think world of goo in the app store would be the best thing forever :D

2. dudehuge

dudehuge Well-Known Member

Sep 7, 2008
    Well not the best thing forever, but a most welcome addition to the iPhones and iTouch's game library. :)

3. Dimsum

Dimsum Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    I spoke to the developer yesterday and he told me that they are thinking about it - but no decision has been made. I really tried to convince him as the touch screen of the iPhone would be perfect for this game. They are currently porting it Mac and Linux versions.

I'm hooked on this game!

4. STP_Steve

STP_Steve Well-Known Member

Sep 5, 2008
    Editor of slidetoplay.com
    San Francisco, CA
    If the Mac version's in Beta, the iPhone game probably isn't all that far behind :)

5. Rockey04

Rockey04 Well-Known Member

World of Goo

I already thought of this and e-mailed them even before the app store launched. I got the same reply...:confused:

6. mek

mek Well-Known Member

so lets get a hundred more emails sent out so the dev. can see the potential interest and or income

7. Like to see Gish physics based guy you manuever through mazes that came out in 2004 come out for iphone.

8. darwiniandude

darwiniandude Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2008
    WoG

I love WoG, finished it last night. Right up there, in my opinion. I loved it. I'll continue to play to get the obsessive completion criteria for all the levels.

iPhone Gish would rock too.

Bot WoG would be the best... as has been said, the controls are suited perfectly (think pinch zoom a la field runners) and the full mac version is only ~60MB including the music.

Just a matter of how much it would have to be toned down for iPhone to handle.

9. maxsims

maxsims New Member

Apr 13, 2009
    It would be awesome!
    I hope it will be free (or at least 99 cents to 2 dollars)

10. Seishu

Seishu Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Student
    us of a
    IMHO Tiki Towers seems like the only thing even close to WoG. Though it doesn't even to come close to the awesomeness of WoG.

11. Khayman

Khayman Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I would pay alot for that game! it might even be ok to give them 10usd for that game.

12. Rockey04

Rockey04 Well-Known Member

First of all, don't bring back old threads!

Secondly, FREE?!?! Are you crazy! It is 15 dollars on Wii.

13. Clymos

Clymos Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    If it had it's own levels and was optimized to use the iPhones abilities and had decent controls and was even close to the awesomeness of WoG I would pay around $5 for it.

14. idrisguitar

idrisguitar Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2008
    the app store is probably the biggest and most active store in the world at the moment.

World of goo WILL be coming to the app store by the end of 2009, i woudl bet everything i own including my dog on that. if it doesn't the developers would be missing out on hundreds of thousands of dollars if not a million.

a game that popular, with that much critical acclaim, ported well into the appstore is simply a liscence to print money.

15. Extol

Extol Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2009
    mmmm never heard of this but my god please come to the iphone pls

16. ibelongintheforums

ibelongintheforums Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2009
    would you rather him start new ones?
    so yes bring back old threads

anyways, world of goo is awesome but for now tiki towers is good for me
    although it looks like tiki towers may be all we are getting

17. Mew2468

Mew2468 Well-Known Member

Oct 20, 2008
    Vancouver, BC
    I highly doubt it. 2D Boy will make it 5/8 dollars probably. Considering it is $20 on Mac/PC, $15 dollars WiiWare.

And, I hope it isn't a direct port, or else I'll beat all the levels too quickly :eek:!

Edit:
    Plus, WoG has a 90% piracy rate right now, so they'll probably want to profit more.

18. Vester

Vester Well-Known Member

a ! does not mean yes, i asked my mom if i could stay home from school and she said we'll see! The answer was no...... >:l still i would luv dat game

19. iFonePhanatic

iFonePhanatic Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    Student
    USA
    As others have said, it is pretty similar to Tiki Towers as far as iPhone/Ipod touch games go, but a good game. I would definitely buy it if it came to the App Store. I hope they port it soon:D

20. Indy

Indy Well-Known Member

May 26, 2008
    Why doesn't someone hit the developer's up again and see if they are still thinking about porting?

With the piracy of this game going on right now, I agree, the App Store version would make a LOT of cash.