Possible Contra Port? (Will be removed soon probably)

Discussion in 'Price Drops, Must-Have Freebies, and Deals' started by repapermunky, Aug 29, 2012.

1. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    I just joined the forum to share this with everyone before it gets removed from the AppStore. There is an app just released; called WiFire by BlueSnow. I have downloaded it and I can confirm that it looks to be a Contra port. I, myself, have never played the actual Contra, but I looked up gameplay and it appears to be the same; or extremely similar. Whether it is an actual port, or just stolen sprites and images with similar gameplay, I would say it was worth my 99 cents. Snatch it up before its removal!

PS. Guys, I am not associated with the dev of this app. I'm just trying to share, as I know there are many Contra fans out there.

2. Issac

Issac Well-Known Member

May 20, 2011
    #2 Issac, Aug 29, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2012
    Yeah... this looks like a ROM dump fo sho! And that line in the description: "Do not get shooted by enemy." HA! :D

I thought about buying it, but I figure it supports this type of infringment. Same with the Shinmegami games....

p.s. not judging you for buying it, just my personal ethics.

3. AnarKitty

AnarKitty Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2010
    Minneapolis, USA
    This exact ROM hack has been sold and removed on the App Store dozens of times, often with multiple copies available at the same time under different names. It's a broken "game", and has disappointed and ripped off countless people over the past few years. Sad, because a genuine Contra port would be wonderful. :(

4. repapermunky

repapermunky Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2012
    Ahh. Well sorry to disappoint fellows. I agree that these types of things should not be supported, but at the same time, if somebody had managed to port it, I didn't want to miss it before it was removed you know?