Universal Portal Knights (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Dec 6, 2017.

1. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Sold! Will be good for my flight tomorrow.

Thanks

2. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    You will like it :)

3. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    Which class should I go with? Warriors always strongest, but feel like Rogue or Madge can be more fun.

Let me know thoughts and thanks!

4. psj3809

psj3809 Moderator

Jan 13, 2011
    England
    Had a nightmare with the update ! Had to delete the app in the end and reinstall. The update would only go halfway then i would get a popup saying it couldnt download.

All good now !

5. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    I'm having the same problem...can you reinstall the game without losing your progress? I don't see anything in the menus about cloud saves.

6. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I enjoyed the rogue most. Just cause he’s faster and since he dies a little easier than the warrior there’s lots of dodge, hit, dodge, hit. But with his quickness comes no skills. Sure he gets passives. They all do, but not like the mages spells or the warrior war cries. But if you want something with lots of skills and a bit of a challenge go mage. I hadn’t tried him yet but I did build the structure needed for his skills to see what kinds of stuff he learns. The warrior is just like any game really. Choose different melee weapons and kind just run in swinging.

7. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    MFI Support? Now we are talking. Bought.

8. HowlingBears

HowlingBears New Member

Oct 28, 2010
    Hey, long-time TA lurker here.

I had the same update failures around the halfway point. Stopping the update and then performing a hard reset (hold power and home buttons down until silver Apple appears) seemed to do the trick, as afterwards I was able to perform the update properly without uninstalling the game first.

9. Unstablefan

Unstablefan Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Feb 22, 2013
    This worked for me. Thank you!!!

10. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I’m glad for the mfi support but I hate when some controls need the clickable thumbsticks :( steelseries nimbus doesn’t have those . Sooo still gotta use touch to go into first person mode. You can customize the controls but. I’d be glad to know which button is worth the sacrifice to switch one action out for a faster/flip to first person on the fly. :p but the best thing has been no accidental flips into the abyss lol.

11. lezrock

lezrock Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2010
    It controls great with my madcatz ctrli. The zoom there lies on the up and down of the digital cross buttons. Btw the left and right are unused. What would be a great function to map them with?

12. nyanpass

nyanpass Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2017
    This is a temporary discount. :p

By the way, I felt dizzy when playing this game. Is there a way to eliminate dizziness in options? :confused:

13. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Question: what are red portal shards for? A future update? I think I’ve only used them once?

14. Taeles

Taeles Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Aug 5, 2011
  15. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    I was about to get this game for my iPad but when I saw the update history in the AppStore the iOS game appears to be way behind with patches when compared to other platforms.
    Does anyone know if the developers have stopped supporting the iOS version (like so many developers seem to do with iOS versions :mad:

ste86uk likes this.
  16. macplash

macplash Well-Known Member

Apr 17, 2014
    Male
    3D artist
    Munich, Germany
    Agree with @stubbieoz because this game has received more updates e.g. on my xbox while iOS version seems to be left behind. Unfortunately, it’s a common practice. It just pains me to see how e.g. Steam version of Craft the World grew content-wise with each update (periodical announcements on their Facebook page) while iOS version is just at the same place as before.

In general, if the game’s not exclusive for a specific platform there’s a strong chance I own it elsewhere as well. But there are reasons for it (besides the ultimate one which is supporting the developer), and that’s touch controls. I just prefer playing Portal Knights, Craft the World, Stardew Valley and tons of others that way. And seeing they’re not getting as much love from the devs as their siblings on other platforms just makes me sad. So, yeah.

stubbieoz and ste86uk like this.
  17. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    Sadly this is another game that got a release on switch and updates on all the other platforms but developers are not interested in updating for iOS that’s the only platform I have played it on, I think developers need to think about all their customers and update for iOS too. I left a angry ranty review In the AppStore but yeah this game is done getting updates. What especially sucks is that the promise of future updates ( all those red portal shards I have tons of and now will never be able to do anything with) was specified when it came out. It’s just more important to put new titles out on switch then keep promises to us iOS customers

stubbieoz and ste86uk like this.
  18. stubbieoz

stubbieoz Well-Known Member

Jun 23, 2015
    Male
    Grey haired gamer
    NSW Australia
    It’s bad enough that we have to put up with games being broken and not fixed with iOS updates, or developers just removing games from the AppStore, but we also has to suffer sub versions of games when they are released by developers on other platforms. :mad:

Some developers are great with keeping their iOS versions updated along with their pc versions.
    The Trese Brothers are a fine example of developers that do the right thing with their games such as Heroes of Steel.
    Then there are others that simply neglect their iOS versions such as Mangobile and their game Tactics Maiden for example, which is being greatly improved over at Steam but nothing with the iOS version.

I have sent an email off to 505 Games in the vain hope that they might reconsider their lack of support to their iOS version of Portal Knight.

19. Repulsa

Jul 3, 2015
    1. I did as well, maybe others will too but I doubt enough to make a difference what really burns me up the most, is from the beginning day one release we were promised future updates