Universal Portal Knights (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Dec 6, 2017.

1. shining jade

shining jade Well-Known Member

Apr 1, 2013
    Seems to be the same game from pc unless you got a low end device then u get smaller worlds, looks like what they did with terraria or don’t starve or now with Minecraft the cheaper price is because of mobile (thank god for this) pc ports that come to mobile fully are docked in price & worlds tend to be smaller if you have a lower end model terraria did this (minus crashlands & this war of mine the games are full pc ports)

I’m curious do we get pc sized worlds on devices with 2gb ram?
    Will controller support come?
    How does multiplayer work, could I have a internet friend come to my world ?
    Battery drain how bad is it with a iPad (if anyone has a iPad Pro 9.7 how is battery with that )

The cheaper price works well if you have already bought it on pc or plan to get it on other devices ��

2. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    There’s been tons of ports to mobile that have charged far less. The Talos Principle, for instance, is only $4.99. Darkest Dungeon, Icey, etc.

In fact, any game that charges the same price on mobile is the exception — not the rule. Not saying that’s a good or bad thing but it is the reality as far as ports that have come to mobile.

As far as I know this is the same game, maybe with just smaller generated “islands” if you choose.

3. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    Damn, I guess I've been living in a cave for the last decade then :/ Thanks. Might just have to snag it then and try it out on my 10.5pro

4. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    I bought a deed to some land in a fairy forest :-D I ran around and collected some materials and then left. I mean it was literally what it said a HUUUUUGE area with nothing but plants and stuff for materials . Haha it’s cool though they do that so you can have this huge land to build a house on and maybe a farm. The only thing is farming seems fairly useless to me. The seeds say the plants only grow in their native environments (except so far 1 seed says will grow anywhere) so if you have to plant mainly just stUff that grows around you, then why not just mat farm that way? Has anyone made a ranger and some water bombs and figured out what to use those on? I thought it might be like Crashlands and you throw em on seedlings to make em grow fast but no luck. :p as I started this post I’ve come to regret the hours I spent building a square, 4 walled building with no roof because the area I did it in has no coal. I should have built in the next land. Blasted! Oh well. Do you guys know if I melee attack a landing pad will it let me grab it and move it somewhere else ? I’m talking about the ones already in the game not ones you make.

5. bastian.walker

Dec 19, 2016
    Anyone have this working on a mini 2? Need to know before I buy. Thanks!

6. hellscaretaker

hellscaretaker Well-Known Member

May 27, 2012
    Im a youtube gamer/streamer
    Buy it doesn’t work as for refund simple

7. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    It does but not so well. Many graphics missing especially the grass. It also has lower framerate. I wanted to play it on iPad too but ended up playing it at iPhone 7 Plus

8. Hiraether

Hiraether Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2012
    PC version is great. I always felt Minecraft needed magic. This is a good niche and different enough to be enjoyable in ways MC is not. It's cute and more progressive. Perhaps a better way to learn to play than other voxel games. The monsters remind me more of Mario 64+'s charm. Responsive & responsible devs. I can't run it on my phone but thought I'd let y'all know the PC is fun times.

9. gaymerX

gaymerX Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2014
    All I want for Christmas is Mfi support for this game!!! Please Santa!!!

10. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I fought the first boss yesterday. So fun! Kinda crazy. Has anyone experienced an issue when they go to play the game and load it up they are missing a bunch of things they laid out in their previous session? Like buildings, floors, crafting tables? I’ve had to recreate the archers thing 3 times, and have had to rebuild half my house twice. It’s not that it didn’t save because all the materials I used to make it are still gone, it’s like when I’m not playing someone or something is goin over there and breaking my ish. Lol

11. Dailon80

Dailon80 Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2014
    Program Director/Radio DJ
    Eos
    i know this is not Minecraft but a creative type mode would be stellar
    reason is it would help the player get a better grasp of the different lands, items, weapons etc with no harm no foul and of course the player could build anything spot on... This is already one of my favorite games to ever play on IOS and that's a big statement!

12. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Update came out, hope it fixed the annoying super sensitive "A" button that activates even when you're not tapping it.

13. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    Durn. I was hoping the first update would of had controller support :,(

14. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    I dont understand... cant be that hard to implement can it ?

I mean... every single other iterations of that game got controller support...

15. dbagga84

May 22, 2013
    I dunno. I mean it SEEMS like it wouldn’t be too hard, but I know nothing about developing so I don’t want to like downplay the hard work they do. I mean for all I know it really could be a very difficult task lol. Maybe controller support for mobile devices is trickier because of the touch controls then it is for other systems where controllers are native. I’m sure it’ll eventually come. I’m still really lovin the game either way though. There’s so much potential for add ons too, more worlds and quests and stuff. Eventually.

16. Gurney Halleck

Gurney Halleck Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2012
    Telephony and Computer Network Engineering and Mai
    Salt Lake City, Utah
    Has anyone had any contact with the developer about adding mfi support? Is there a plan to include support in the future? Really on the fence as I can't see myself really enjoying the crafting system and overlapping controls/UI issues with the touchscreen as others have commented on. Otherwise this game looks like amazing and I would love to be able to play this in multiplayer with my gf's son. I want to have high confidence that this will be updated to improve the experience, but with no word from the developer yet regarding these issues I am hesitant to pull the trigger..

17. baconcow

baconcow Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2017
    I have contacted them on Twitter (as it seems others have). They have not yet answered me.

18. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I felt Jared really put out a great opinion piece on this game today, so much so, that I've decided to stick with this game for the long haul.

Does this game have an 'end'; can it be beaten? Does the ending and/or story progression change depending on the selected Hero Type?

19. shfrost

shfrost Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2010
    Artist
    Wooded area
    Just purchased. Looks very good. Beautiful graphics.
    But... no mfi control? Are you kidding? That might be ok if you only want to use an iPhone, but what about the iPad, and the 12.9 Pro in particular? As much as I'm drawin to this game (Terraria nod sold me), I doubt it will get much of my time until we get controller support. Major oversight, imo.

20. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    Glad to see im not the only one, seriously this is the one and only thing making me hold off, i really want a game with this artstyle on my tablet wth my nimbus, not on my phone