Universal Portal Knights (by 505 Games)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Dec 6, 2017.

1. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    Has anyone figured out how to start a multiplayer game? I start a game on my phone with my level 3 character, play->multiplayer(same wifi) then play with host settings set to visible. Then on my daughter’s iPad connected to the same network, play then join. The “games to join” remains blank and cannot seem to find the game hosted on the iPhone. It’s the same thing when the iPad hosts, the iPhone can’t find the game hosted on the iPad.

2. sakara214ever

sakara214ever Well-Known Member

May 10, 2012
    Guys are you playing on a big world or a normal world? I mean i tried big world at first but it sucked battery like crazy i do not want to lose the fun though.:confused:

3. Bloodangel

Bloodangel Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2011
    Retail
    England
    Is this local mp or internet mp? Can you only play with friends and not randoms?

4. Zemar

Zemar Well-Known Member

Dec 1, 2009
    Denmark
    Can this be played offline? Is there some sort of "Online" Connection check at startup?

Don't like games that requires a "Connection"...

5. slighmd

slighmd Well-Known Member

Mar 30, 2009
    Surgeon
    Philippines
    The game is purely offline. Also, It’s local multiplayer since it says that you have to be connected to the same wifi. Problem is, this local multiplayer won’t work :(

6. Candykiller

Candykiller Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Dec 15, 2010
    Illustrator/Designer
    United Kingdom
    It plays fine offline. No online connection required.

7. dbagga84

dbagga84 Well-Known Member

May 22, 2013
    No worries man, I agree with you to an extent. The guy that posted below you is right too, mobility is basically the schtick of mobile gaming hence the name. BUT! There are LOTS of games that should automatically come with mfi controls ready to go, especially if they are ports from a system that uses controllers to begin with. Not all games, I mean like f2p monster collectors, match 3 puzzle games, event point and click adventures imo play best with touch. But run and guns, fps’, games like this one (survivals, builders), action rpgs, etc. should have controller support. Or at the very least say if It’ll be supported in the immediate future. I know sometimes games have deadlines or whatever. This game is great, I love it! But moving is wonky with the touch imo, that and actually building stuff are the most difficult parts I know it’d be easier to use my analog sticks to move around and A to place stuff. But I can’t stress enough about the movement. Its like it feels like no matter how high you slide your thumb to move forward he just doesn’t quite move right or if you change directions. Then with the other thumb how you’re trying to rotate the camera but accidentally attack/place blocks. Unless I’m missing something I’d like to see a way to go in to an overhead view for building so you can select a block and just drag your finger to lay em down Crashlands style (not the overhead part but laying blocks part) I tried building a house, and just the floor took forever and it’s really tiny lol.

8. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    As you said : I expect MFi controls when the game is a port of a game that uses a controller.

This is why its a no buy for me until they implement, I hate holding my iPad Pro like a controller.

9. gmattergames

gmattergames Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2013
  10. jpgold

jpgold Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2012
    Online Ad Sales - Pandora
    New York, NY
    The more combat than Oceanhorn peeked my interest. If Im a fan of action RPG's but not so much into crafting type games.....will I like this? What's the balance between the two?

Crashlands had a good balance for me and loved that game for reference.

11. GalDrogo

GalDrogo Well-Known Member

Feb 2, 2017
    IIRC there is an option to turn of auto target. Just cant recall exact wording for it.

12. jkilla

jkilla Active Member

Oct 16, 2008
    Yeah, it's a bit wonky but my daughter and I got it to work: first player select multi, enter world. 2nd player must close/restart app, then hit multi and join, and you'll see the first players world available to enter.

13. taoyingying

taoyingying Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Is this game in first person view? I can't tell by the screenshot...
    I can't play any first person view game due to motion sickness. Tried Minecraft in it's early days for like 30 minutes, and literally crawled to bed feeling like crap :( How "shaky" is this one's camera?

14. Milotorou

Milotorou Well-Known Member

Mar 19, 2015
    You have the choice between 1st person and 3rd person :)

15. JohnnyClash

JohnnyClash Well-Known Member

Mar 11, 2016
    I get motion sickness very easily as well. This game, for me, is about 3 out of 10 on the motion-sickness inducement scale. The controls are fluid and the camera does not seem shaky. I am on island 2 so far with a couple hours of exploration, killing monsters, mining, and crafting.

I am playing on a 7+

16. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    I like the game but had hoped there was more of an overarching story. At least so far, it’s just do a bunch of separate small “quests”.

Oh well, glad I dipped on this version rather than the more expansion console counterpart.

17. taoyingying

taoyingying Well-Known Member

Jul 15, 2016
    Thanks to both of you! Glad to know there is an 3rd person view option and the shaking is not too bad. I really wanted to play Minecraft even before it becomes super popular but oh my it brought me to tears (not in a good way). I'm going to give this one a try! If it doesnt work, hope Apple will grant me a refund haha.

18. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    To each their own, but I could care less if ANY iOS game has controller support, OR PC game for that matter.

I WELCOME the option of them being included however. If I want a controller game I'll fire up the consoles. If I'm on my PC, I want the keybaord/mouse not a controller. If I'm on my iPad/iPhone, I don't want ANY other junk to carry around and mess with.

Again, i have no problems with the support being there, but it means jack S to me if it is/isn't.

19. baconcow

baconcow Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2017
    I'll wait for them to implement MFI controller support. Enough people asked the Cat Quest devs and they are putting it in.

20. araczynski

araczynski Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2009
    programmer
    omaha, ne
    Surprised this hasn't been asked yet, but what is 'different' about this version versus say the Switch version or the PC version?

I highly doubt any dev would cap themselves in the knees by releasing the same content on one platform for $5 (no matter how price averse that platform is) and charge everyone else $20/$30 (retail) for the same stuff on other devices.