Portable Charger

Discussion in 'Off-Topic Lounge' started by cheifton2005, Feb 26, 2009.

1. cheifton2005

cheifton2005 Member

Feb 4, 2009
    Dub-town-Ballin
    So I play baseball at my college. We are constantly on the road and one of the main reasons I wanted my iTouch was to keep me busy on the road. However, Ive come to the realization that my battery will not last nearly as long as I had hoped. With a 4+ hour trip to Wake Forest coming up Tuesday I was wondering if anyone had any recommendations on a good portable charger? Ive seen some but none really specify if they work with the iTouch or not, also they dont say if I can use my device and charge it at the same time. Any help would be appreciated!

2. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Do you mean a car charger or battery pack?

3. iKoda

iKoda Well-Known Member

Dec 13, 2008
    Student
    I've also been wondering what external battery was best and affordable.

I've also found out most external batteries for iPod touches don't let you charge and have your headphones in because the battery pack blocks the headphone jack. So your best with a Mophie Juice pack(over $100) or unpopular external batteries that have cords.

4. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    #4 HardcoreEricXXX, Feb 27, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 27, 2009
    I use these really nice black and decker battery packs that have an a/c and USB plug-ins that I picked up at woot.com for 2/$15, I picked up six. They charge the iPod twice. They can be used with all personal electronics. Check out Black and Decker Pocket Power

5. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    Hah, I JUST bought one, I got one off EBay pretty cheap.

6. aleceiffel

aleceiffel Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2009
    art supply buyer/artist
    Oregon
    lots of bad reviews on amazon.com for this.....could you provide a link of the exact model you got? because i'd really like one...going on a business trip soon...

7. HardcoreEricXXX

HardcoreEricXXX Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Virginia
    #7 HardcoreEricXXX, Feb 28, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2009
    The CP120B, I don't know why there are bad reviews, they weren't very clear on why they didn't like it, maybe size? It's about 7x4in and 3/4lbs. Perfect for backpack or briefcase, I wouldn't carry it in my pocket. At four bucks a piece though, that's a steal. I've seen disposable battery chargers for the iPhone for a buck or two a piece.
    Edit- I figured out how to see the reveiws, it appears to be hit or miss. I ordered 6 off woot and they all work fine. I guess you can risk $12 on a couple+shipping. Seems like when they work, they're great, and when they don't, luckily it was less than $5