PONGULATOR: $25 iTunes Gift Card Giveaway

Discussion in 'Promo Codes and Contests' started by donaldwonald, May 5, 2016.

1. donaldwonald

donaldwonald Member

May 2, 2016
    #1 donaldwonald, May 5, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
    I just released a game on the App Store last night: PONGULATOR. It's a simple but fun arcade game where you compete for the highest score on Game Center leaderboards.

The rules for this giveaway are:

1. Download for free PONGULATOR from the App Store.
    2. Play the game couple of times and leave it on your iPhone or iPad.
    3. Leave a (hopefully positive) rating and review on the App Store and mention the name of the app in review.
    4. Reply to this thread with your iTunes user name and country.

Remember to play the game couple of times and leave it on your device. Otherwise your review will not show up on the App Store.

The winner will be chosen at random on May 12, one week from today, and will receive a $25 iTunes code.

Bonus: If it gets at least 25 reviews/ratings I will give away 2 $25 codes(1 each to 2 different winners). If it somehow gets up to 50 I will do 3 codes.

Thanks, and good luck.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Srthakran

Srthakran New Member

May 6, 2016
    Have submitted a 5-star review in US AppStore. My username is Srthakran, and email id is [email protected]. Really hope to win!

3. FightasticMG

FightasticMG Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Reviewed as Fightastic on US App Store.

4. XenoRed

XenoRed Well-Known Member

Aug 14, 2015
    Left a review as Connecting44 in the US appstore. Thank you for the contest!

5. donaldwonald

donaldwonald Member

May 2, 2016
    Thanks for all of the reviews so far. Keep them coming!

6. donaldwonald

donaldwonald Member

May 2, 2016
    #6 donaldwonald, May 9, 2016
    Last edited: May 9, 2016
    Since it does not look like we will get to 50 reviews, I have changed the bonus to make it easier to reach. If we get to 25 reviews I will give a $25 code to 2 winners. If we do somehow make it to 50 I will give a $25 code to 3 different winners. This way, the more reviews we get, the chances of being selected as a winner actually increases for each person who enters. Thanks to everyone who enters!

7. creeps

creeps Well-Known Member

Aug 20, 2014
    reviewed as polgosk in the US AppStore

8. serg30

serg30 Well-Known Member

Apr 2, 2014
    reviewed as leighed (US Store)

9. donaldwonald

donaldwonald Member

May 2, 2016
    Only 1 more day to get your entries in!

10. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    Reviewed as modus_ataraxia on the US store.

If you'd like to discuss havng me write a lengthy review and critique, I can do in-depth discussion pieces in exchange for itunes cards. PM if you're interested

11. Numidium

Numidium Well-Known Member

Jan 26, 2016
    Reviewed as Radtik in the US AppStore

12. donaldwonald

donaldwonald Member

May 2, 2016
    #12 donaldwonald, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
    Hey guys,

Thanks for all of the reviews. The contest is almost over. I have purchased an iTunes code online through Target and it will arrive in my email later today(it said within 4 hours) so if anyone wants to get any last minute entries you still have a few hours left to do so.

Good luck to everyone who entered!

Attached Files:

13. Lavender

Lavender Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    #13 Lavender, May 12, 2016
    Last edited: May 12, 2016
    Really??
    There's plenty of people here that will do it for a code or for free.
    Most gamers here like to be helpful to indie developers and not try to get paid.
    I think you are in the wrong place.....

14. donaldwonald

donaldwonald Member

May 2, 2016
    Ok, everyone! The results are in. Congratulations to XenoRed who reviewed as Connecting44. I have just PM'd you the code so you should be receiving it shortly.

I didn't get quite the turn out that I had hoped for, but thanks to everyone who entered.

the names in the attachment have 'by' in front of them because I just copied and pasted from my iTunes Connect page

Attached Files:

15. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    This is not for the contest. But.... Following is the review I left in the App Store. See my constructive criticism afterwards... Or critiques.....

Pongulator is a fun trip to retro land where 2 players sat around a console playing with a tiny virtual ball and stick. It's amazing how far we have come when it comes to gaming!
    Pongulator is an updated and upgraded version of Pong. Fun noises and sci-fi looking screens will have you coming back for more play time.
    Controls are simple. Just place your finger(s) on the little stick paddles and move up or down to hit the ball.
    This can be a one or two player game. As a one player, you would operate both paddles on opposite sides of the screen with both hands. Two players; would have each player playing opposite of each other. (Like the original pong)
    There are different levels of game play. IE: easy, medium, hard....... Although, playing the easy level as a single player was difficult at first, but with two players, it was quite easy. With two players, I started out with medium.
    The game is free with ads, but you can choose to pay a small fee to remove the ads, (and support the developer) which aren't too intrusive to begin with.
    If you like retro games with an updated twist, Pongulator is for you.

---------------------------------------------

I played this on an iPad. On my iPod though; the game seemed too small to play with 2 players.
    Also, the easy was too difficult for most people that I had try your game as single players. As 2 players; it was fine.

Good luck to you!!!!

16. donaldwonald

donaldwonald Member

May 2, 2016
    Thanks for the review and feedback Lavender. I have some ideas for adjusting the difficulty on the easier settings that I will implement in an update when I have the time. As for playing two players, this will probably remain possible only on larger devices as it was designed to be a one player game. But I like that people are trying different ways to play!

17. Lavender

Dec 31, 2013
    United States
    Hi again.
    One more thing.
    I would love the ability to play the game itself. An AI? Maybe I'm saying that wrong.
    Fun game though!

18. modus_ataraxia

modus_ataraxia Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2015
    #18 modus_ataraxia, May 13, 2016
    Last edited: May 13, 2016
    ----