Universal Polystar - Kyle Berger

Discussion in 'Upcoming iOS Games' started by Iceberger3, Sep 25, 2016.

1. Iceberger3

Iceberger3 Well-Known Member

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Polystar is a twist on your typical mobile space shooter.
    In polystar you pilot a stolen triangle ship that aims to destroy enemy polygons! Enemy hp is measured by the amount of sides they have remaining. The enemies come in waves with each wave bringing more enemies, faster gameplay, and a boss after every 5 waves.

Polystar features several dynamic powers including:
    • Homing - Fire homing missiles that lock onto your target.
    • Rapid Fire - Shoots more lasers.
    • Shield - Places a spinning shield around you to protect against damage.
    • Battery - Fire a hug laser blast dealing tons of damage.
    • Bomb - This power explodes dealing damage to all enemies caught inside.
    • Ally - Creates an ally that helps you fight enemies.
    • Bolt - Stun all enemies preventing them from shooting or moving.
    • Polystar - Grants invincibility and increased power.
    Let me know what you think of these powerups and any suggestions you have!

Polystar aims to introduce different enemy types based on the color of the polygon. Some examples may include:
    • Stealth - Enemies alter transparency to become harder to detect.
    • Growth - Enemies slowly gain more sides, deal with these quickly!
    • Rage - Enemies seek you out to attack you.
    • Timid - Enemies will try to avoid you and your attacks.
    Let me know if you have any suggestions for enemy types!

More work is in development to create several different boss types and implement upgrades to the powers, shields, and amount of lasers your ship fires as well as different skins and colors for your ship. I plan to implement global leaderboards through gamecenter as well as achievements.

Please let me know what you think of the game so far and if you are interested follow me on twitter, facebook, or tumblr. I will add more updates as work is done on the game!

Please join my Email List if you are interested in being notified when the game launches!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Iceberger3

Iceberger3 Well-Known Member

May 2, 2016
    Male
    Indie Game Developer
    Polystar Power Update

Polystar - Power Devlog

Really getting in the swing of things with these powers. While I’m still looking to implement a few more, wanted to update you guys on what I’ve been working on! As you can see I’ve got 5 powers implemented so far. Homing lasers for the red power, rapid fire for the teal, stun for the yellow, a laser for blue and a shield for green! I really like how these powers play but I need to make the activation better as well as give an indicator of how much longer the power will last!

Please let me know what you think of the game so far and if you are interested follow me on twitter, facebook, or tumblr. I will add more updates as work is done on the game!

Please join my Email List if you are interested in being notified when the game launches!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]