iPad Poll: Who would like Inkball for the iphone?

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by brewstermax, Dec 30, 2008.

?

Should Inkball (or something similar) be made/ported to the iPhone

1. Yes

75.8%
  2. No

9.1%
  3. Maybe

15.2%
  1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

If any of you have a Vista PC, and have looked into the included games, and played some, you probably played Inkball (If you have Premium or Ultimate). It is a really fun game, and it would be perfect for the iPhone. Is there something similar to it out there already? If not, it is a great idea for an app.

2. AndyL

AndyL Well-Known Member

I agree Inkball would be great for the iPhone. I don't think anything like that is out now, but I hope a dev can create it

3. Wegmans

Wegmans Well-Known Member

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    #3 Wegmans, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 30, 2008
    of course there is! It's called BurnBall, and it's fantastic! Go ahead and try the Lite version...

4. brewstermax

I have Burnball, and it is nothing like that. Have you even played Inkball?

5. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    yeah, you try to gradually 'cut' down the playing field right? don't you try to make it smaller and smaller and eventually trap the ball or whatever is in there?

maybe i'm thinking of the wrong thing!

6. brewstermax

Well, in that respect, kind of, but you have to use drawn lines to direct a ball into a hole. It is a great game, and i wish there was a Mac version.

7. Fubit86

Fubit86 Well-Known Member

Sep 27, 2008
    STUDENT
    Seattle, WA
    Not quite. there are colored balls which you must get into the holes, which you accomplish by drawing lines

8. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA
    ohhh cool well that sounds kinda fun too! I'll throw my vote in to the mix

9. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    are u on crack?
    how is this anything close to inkball...

10. brewstermax

Umm, how did the title get changed? I'd appreciated it if the mods would at least post that they changed it.

11. salsamd

salsamd Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 1, 2008
    San Francisco, CA
    #11 salsamd, Dec 30, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
    Sorry Brewster,

I changed it. Ideally there should be a section in the Forum dedicated to Polls. Otherwise, the polls get lost amongst the other forums and do not get a chance to build statistical significance. This would also make polls easy to retrieve for users and developers. At least by putting "Poll" in the title it allows for collective search retrieval of all polls.

12. brewstermax

Ohh. Ok, I guessed that it was you, since the other 2 aren't on much. Yes. There does need to be a poll section, but I think the little icon helps draw some attention to it. This is one where a dev needs to notice and develop this. Microsoft has no copyrights on the game, and plus you can make it original somehow. Absolutely perfect for the touchscreen of the iPhone. In fact it was made for Tablet PCs, but works fine with a mouse.

13. Wegmans

Oct 31, 2008
    Finance
    MD, USA

YES I am on crack, and also it's similar in my eyes because there appears to be a similar strategy, in that the goal is to trim down the space for the balls to bounce around in.. in burnball that's the strategy too... just have to get a certain percentage to advance to the next level... i wouldn't give it too much thought :p

14. i would definitely purchase inkball if it was $3 or less

15. TMAC34

TMAC34 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2008
    New York
    Inkball would be Imazing on the IPhone. So many I's lol i know amazing is spelled with an A but I was just feeling the I's.

16. Killquake

Killquake Well-Known Member

Aug 25, 2008
    Inkball on my tablet pc is a lot of fun, but after about 10 levels it feels as though it starts to get repetetive. So unless a developer made a completely different game with the same preface, i don't think id pay too much for it. Also, making it so that it works with a rectangle instead of a square could be a challenge, because alot of the challenge is having so much open space. Only so many ways you can make a ball go, and if you lessen that space, its gonna get easier.

None the less, could be a great game on the iPhone or iPod Touch, if executed correctly.

17. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    That's ^ why I voted 'no' in the poll in case anyone was wondering :p

Also, I think we need more new games made specifically for the iPhone and only the iPhone. I don't like seeing some of the same old stuff over and over. Hopefully that makes sense to you guys.

18. brewstermax

Ok, but this looks destined for the iPhone. I know that it was made for Tablet PC, but this is perfect. Multitouch in full glory right here.

19. pcsisoft

pcsisoft New Member

Apr 28, 2009
    Hi guys. You want Inkball for Iphone? PenBall now live on the Appstore.
    PenBall 100 Levels.

20. PacSun4dc

PacSun4dc Well-Known Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Atlanta,GA