Poll: Do you like Rolando?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by brewstermax, Dec 27, 2008.

?

Do you like Rolando

1. Yes

209 vote(s)
    68.1%
  2. No

98 vote(s)
    31.9%
  1. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    qft :d

2. theone1007

theone1007 Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2009
    USA
    I love how it uses multitouch on everything. It's a game that is truly a game that can only be played on the iPhone. I also like the artwork, which is really nice. It also provides a challenge, and for $5, it's totally worth it.

3. FilthyCanadian

FilthyCanadian Well-Known Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Ontario Canada
    It's definetly worth it, but I never play it. I'm not a huge fan at all.

4. stargazer513

stargazer513 Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2008
    who the hell doesnt like RolandO!!!! lol just kidding..i actually dont 'like' like it..but i like it, have too many games to catch up to..never finished rolando..lest the new add-ons! and another add on and world 2 and 3 is coming out!! :eek: how im i ever gona play that lol

5. Danny-Doggy

Danny-Doggy Active Member

Feb 24, 2009
    I liked the look of the game but didn't like the gameplay. I don't think it is a bad game, it just isn't for me.

6. megami

megami Active Member

Mar 6, 2009
    I tried lite, don't like it. It's just not my kinda game.

7. wonderva

wonderva Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    hell ya.

best game on iphone to date.

However, anyone here think that ng:moco is getting on the greedy side, taking advantage of the in app purchases and releasing Rolando 2 and 3 this year?

8. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    personally hate it. it's just so lame.
    everyone I have showed it to have thought the same and laughed at it's sheer patheticness. I do not know anyone personally who likes it. It's pretty much fail and aids.
    right now I'm into pokemon on my iPod. Kicks the shit out of this.

9. don_k

don_k Well-Known Member

Oct 9, 2008
    +1

Maybe to compensate their turning down Zen Bound?

10. pharmx

pharmx Well-Known Member

Jan 29, 2009
    I don't see what the fascination is with this game. It's not terrible (there's far worse in the AppStore), but I can't understand why there's so much hype for this title. Judging by the poll though, I'm in the minority.

11. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Pokemon...... ok :)

12. Stykman

Stykman Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2009
    Beta Tester, Student
    United States
    O yea pokemon ftw

Pokemon beats rolando any day

13. Paulio

Paulio Well-Known Member

Dec 3, 2008
    Local IGA (supermarket)
    Tasmania, Australia
    Yes it is ok. There's a reason why it's the best game in the world. I missed out on a gameboy as a kid, and now I have one on my iPod. And access to every single game released onto it. I'm loving it XD

14. your personal robot

your personal robot Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2008
    nonverbalist
    Berlin
    Pokemon - the best game in world?.......oooook :)

15. brighteyes74

brighteyes74 Well-Known Member

Dec 20, 2008
    Harrow , England
    i did like it for a day or 2, then i got stuck for a bit so gave it a rest then accidently took it off my ipod and now i had to start again.
    I was not that into it so i waited for the update to see what it brings but it just bought secret levels. I wanted levels to play straight away so take note devs u must remember that the game is not saved once its off ure ipod so if i want to play extra levels i want to be able to do it instantly esp a game with no replay value like this.

16. TideTime

TideTime Well-Known Member

Mar 5, 2009
    I think it's extremely well polished and plays like a full PSP or DS game would.

17. different

different Well-Known Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Pokemon is actually an extremely well designed game that took great advantage of the hardware it was on. It was one of the few titles to utilise the link cable for trading monsters in between cartridges - in fact completing even the original red and blue required that you had at least two carts and a friend's gameboy to trade over all the missing monsters.

It has gotten silly with basically the same game that's been rereleased only with more features and more pokemon, but it sells.

I reckon if Nintendo released the game on iPhone 3.0 you'd get 90% of the pokemon in the game, and 10% through DLC. Yeah, they would. And probably would have WiFi/bluetooth trading.

----

As for Rolando - yes, it's one of the best on the platform.

18. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    I like Rolando. I love Pokemon. I can never really get into Pokemon on my Touch, it just doesn't feel the same as when I was holding the gameboy, but, oh well, I'll take what I can.

Rolando fits the iPhone very well and I'm happy I purchased it at $6. I feel like I've gotten a lot of satisfaction from it and I received my moneys-worth.

19. superbad

superbad Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    CEO. Reviewer. Beta Tester.
    You need to stalk me?
    I've bought Rolando right after release. For some reason I didn't just have the push to play it. Now I really like it and I'm now on the 4th level of the volcano world.

20. hawks12thman

hawks12thman Well-Known Member

No, I don't. Luckily I got the Lite version to try out so I never spent my money on the Full version. I have to admit it is a great idea and many people like it, but I don't. It's amusing and very creative, but to me, it's just not very fun and not right for my tastes.