Poll: Do you like Rolando?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by brewstermax, Dec 27, 2008.

?

Do you like Rolando

1. Yes

209 vote(s)
    68.1%
  2. No

98 vote(s)
    31.9%
  1. Tennisking1o1

Tennisking1o1 Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2008
    Wow

Wow, I never noticed this but I looked again just now and it's down to the 27 spot. I doubt we'll see a price drop, but it's always welcome ;)

2. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

EDNG. Its not that its just that it takes a while to acclimate to the controls and everything. I got used to it after a while. Once I got used to the game, it was fine. I can't recommend it enough. Once I throughly played it and everything, a) the controls are perfect. b) the graphics are cute, but perfect for the gameplay. c) great for either short of long play (with iSave). I'm not saying that the game is boring, or impossible to play for a long time. It is simply that I needed control acclimation and everything, for the first world and a half, and so I couldn't play for all that long. You get used to it, and its great from there one. My issue was the Royal Spiky Commandos, that really threw me off, but still, a must have, and the various Rolandos take getting used to.

3. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    in the Swedish store its number 3.

4. AndyL

AndyL Well-Known Member

When I checked it was still at #12 top paid apps in the U.S.

5. CBraun53

CBraun53 Well-Known Member

Jul 14, 2008
    #65 CBraun53, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
    Maybe it's because of comments like these.

6. Tennisking1o1

Nov 15, 2008
    I don't know what you're looking at, but Motochaser is in that spot and Rolando is #27 in the US

7. VirtualAlex

VirtualAlex Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2008
    Anyone who says Rolando is bad is just totally out of line, that is al there is to it. To be honest I don't even think it's a matter of opinion. Unless you don't like plat-formers, in which case I am not sure why you purchased the game. But most people either like them or are indifferent to plat-formers and as a plat-former on any ... plat-form, this game is nothing short of excellent.

Good graphics, good sound, fun quirky gameplay. Overhyped or not, there is NOTHING bad about it. Anyone talking crap is just doing it out of spite.

8. brewstermax

Yea. I'm seeing Rolando at #12 paid. Where are you?

9. Tennisking1o1

Nov 15, 2008
    Im in the US. On the home page of the app store, and when you go to the overall top 100 apps, I'm seeing Rolando at #27

10. CloneWars

CloneWars Well-Known Member

Sep 22, 2008
    Bank Robber
    Atlantic Ocean
    Wow, 101 to 33. Ouch!

11. mikec24red

mikec24red Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2008
    for me on the US top 100 paid apps, it is #29

12. brewstermax

Ohh. Maybe overall. I dunno, but its #12 paid. That isn't bad, considering the free competition. It may still gain momentum, and get into the Top 10 again. It takes an Apple commercial to help these more expensive ones. Or a preestablished name. And Rolando has neither.

13. Tennisking1o1

Nov 15, 2008
    No, I see it as #27 in the Top 100 Overall Paid Apps. This is weird how 3 different people are seeing 3 different lists

14. brewstermax

Yea. That is strange. I can take a screenshot to show you. But I understand where you are coming from, but the other guy??

15. Eric5h5

Eric5h5 Well-Known Member

In the US top 100 overall for me, it's #12. In games, it's #10. Maybe you're in a different US than I am? ;)

--Eric

16. brewstermax

Now, Top 100 Overall or just paid. I'm seeing it as #12 in paid, but 27 overall.

17. ericxd

ericxd Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2008
    it is what it is a top 10 game!

18. brewstermax

#78 brewstermax, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
    Now I am seeing something odd. Rolando is #12 on my iPod paid overall. And Rolando is like #24 paid game. How does that make sense? I'll link over to some pictures.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

19. Tennisking1o1

Nov 15, 2008
    I see it as #10 in games as well, but in top 100 paid apps i see it s #27

Attached Files:

20. brewstermax

I linked over to a few screenshots I took. I'm not getting this at all. Its certianly odd.