Poll: Do you like Rolando?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by brewstermax, Dec 27, 2008.

?

Do you like Rolando

1. Yes

209 vote(s)
    68.1%
  2. No

98 vote(s)
    31.9%
  1. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I found the hype ,the discussion, the fake release posts, the release, then the complaining, and the arguing, just as much, if not more than the game itself. Maybe we should get people worked into a NFS frenzy, and sit back and watch. Who knew that Rolando would be so EPIC.

2. ahcl20

ahcl20 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    UK
    Not usually a fan of the adventure games but Rolando is outstanding. Besides having solid gameplay, one of the best things about it is how polished it was, compared with the majority of the iPhone games out there. It is really the complete package - gameplay, music, challenging.

Hopefully there will be upgrades/sequels!

3. rIcHrAnDoM

rIcHrAnDoM Well-Known Member
    Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Never played, don't have any forseeable plans to buy it. Can anyone add anything here that might change my mind?

4. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    its one of the most polished and well made games out in the appstore?

5. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    I've heard there's no reason to replay the game. Are there achievements or unlockables?:confused:

6. ahcl20

ahcl20 Well-Known Member

Nov 9, 2008
    UK
    Yep. 3 achievements per level: all Rolandos saved, all diamonds recovered and finishing level within time limits.

Not sure about unlockables coz haven't finished it.

7. istopmotion

istopmotion Well-Known Member

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    Well that's the same for almost all platformers and games with levels. The game does have unlockables, so you can replay it if you want, but I'd still prefer seeing downloadable/user created levels. There's a story mode, so we need another set of levels that are just for fun that we can download.

8. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Woud you say the pricepoint is probably not where this game will settle? I watched NGs two other "hit" titles Dropship and Dr. Awesome plummet in price to $.99, their popularity has staying power though. I just feel like Rolando(Hispanic?) was a good price at $9.99 if you wanted to play it early on, but now I don't feel I would do myself any justice to purchase, since I feel that a price decrease should be a equalizing force to a new home In the $5.99 price range.:rolleyes:

9. brewstermax

brewstermax Well-Known Member

I don't see a price drop and settle for a while, so if you want it, and may need help with it before everybody forgets, you're going to have to get it soon. I don't see anymore SMB help threads, so yea, get it now, or fight through it alone.

Rolando is Spanish. It means the Renowned Land. Kinda strange, but w/e.

10. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    It may drop, but I don't see this happening for months. (When it starts slipping off the top 50 like what SMB did. SMB dropped to $8 when it started falling off the list, but now it's back.) You'll be fine purchasing it now for $10, as it'll be a long time before it drops, and even then, it probably won't drop more than $2.

Also, Dropship and Dr. Awesome didn't exactly "plummet" in price. They each dropped a measley dollar off to celebrate the release of Rolando. That's not a huge deal, and the $2 you may have bought it for was definitely worth it anyway.

11. rIcHrAnDoM

Patreon Silver

Nov 17, 2008
    Steelworker/Welder
    Indiana, USA
    Thanks istop and bmax I'll be d/l now.

12. madsoul

madsoul Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2008
    there are alot of achievements, and the levels are so good that im going to play them over and over again anyway.

and to people who miss the one out just cuz of the hype: lol, your pathetic. sometimes, just sometimes the hype is actually true. the game is very good. it is worth every penny.

13. Freegoo

Freegoo Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2008
    Their are achievables, but nothing to unlock. I was a little disappointed that NOTHING happened when getting them all other than the little blurb that pops up saying 100% game finished. I guess I get the thrill of this picture too.

Still I thoroughly enjoyed the game. It's rare that I even finish a game anymore let alone go through and get all the achievables done. Definitely glad I spent the $10 on it, now I'm disappointed I don't have something to play.

Attached Files:

14. Blueseas25

Blueseas25 Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2008
    An interesting and polished game, but not sure I would drop $9.99 on it again if I had the chance. It is apparent a considerable amount of time went into the art and design though, an achievement for sure.

15. pablo19

pablo19 Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2008
    The problem with this game is that it has insane potential and that potential not being fullfilled will put a lot of people off, no matter the quality of the game.

Any game with tons of potential not being updated won't stay in the top 25 for long.

16. emb531

emb531 Well-Known Member

Nov 12, 2008
    Glad you decided to download, let us know your impressions! I can't get enough of the game...I'm still slowly making my way through, savoring every level :D About halfway through Rolando Central, can't wait to see the Shadow Valley :cool:

17. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    How 'bout asking "does Rolando like ME?". I don't want to be the only one into this "rolationship"...
    Rolando is a funny name, what's not to like?

18. istopmotion

Nov 21, 2008
    Utah
    #38 istopmotion, Dec 28, 2008
    Last edited: Dec 28, 2008
    That was actually pretty funny, lol :D

Anyway, for the people who don't like/don't want to buy Rolando, would user-created/downloadable levels change your mind? Just wondering, because it seems like each person has a different idea of what's "wrong" with Rolando. Maybe the biggest problem for people is that it is too short for their liking?

19. Everydaynormalguy

Everydaynormalguy Well-Known Member

Oct 5, 2008
    Student By Day, Masked Vigilante By Night
    Phoenix, AZ, USA
    Well thank you for stating the obvious. So, I got $10, should I get Rolando? We haven't had nearly enough of THOSE threads today. I think we've only had like 3 or 4, we need about 6 more to reach the daily December average...

20. rootbeersoup

rootbeersoup Well-Known Member

Oct 4, 2008
    New Orleans, LA
    It's just ok IMO