Universal Politaire (by Pine Entertainment)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by antony.thai, Jul 13, 2016.

1. antony.thai

antony.thai Well-Known Member

Just can't tell you how much happy I am right now! It's wordless! There're 1/2 star more to go and I know that it's a challenge road ahead. Seriously, I can't go that far without your helps in here, I learnt from you guys everyday. Thank you a lot, TA guys!

Have a great weekend!

2. countBasil

countBasil Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 30, 2012
    Great game! Upgraded after a couple rounds :)

Ideas (these would create ways to play with very different strategies)
    * consider having a mode in which your building two separate hands.
    * consider a "manual" mode in which the "hands" need to be manually selected (vs automatically being selected/discarded as soon as they are in your active cards). A way it could work: one could select cards (eg 3 of a kind) and drag to a discard pile/schematic dealer (this would distinguish cards going back to the deck). It could send animated chips to the score as feedback).

Both of the above would get around the frustration of being unable to stop undesirable matches from being made, but since they would be variants/”modes,” One could still enjoy the strategy of the current rules (as being thoughtfully discussed in this thread :)).

3. Danigarcia75

Danigarcia75 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Thanks to you too for this amazing game, my mom loves it and is not playing candy crush anymore(at last). And congrats on the review from TA the game deserves it

4. Peterplodocus

Peterplodocus Active Member

Sep 23, 2015
    #64 Peterplodocus, Jul 23, 2016
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2016
    Hi!

Really enjoying the game, it's simple to learn but hard to master!

Could we have two top scores, one for single deck and one for double deck though? I've started playing double deck and easily beat my single deck high score, but I have no chance of beating that in single deck mode! It would be great to chase two high scores!

Also, as some people have said they're having issues with the swipe controls (I did at first but it seems better after the update), you could add another control option where you tap on the deck to put them back? Just a little suggestion :)

5. Danigarcia75

Danigarcia75 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2015
    But there are two separate highscores for the 2 modes.

6. countBasil

countBasil Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 30, 2012
    Playing again--reminded that long combos do not feel on my control, much less skillful! That was another driver of the above ideas....

7. Peterplodocus

Peterplodocus Active Member

Sep 23, 2015
    How do you see them? It shows the same high score regardless of which mode I play

8. Jerutix

Jerutix Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2009
    Male
    Ministry
    Oklahoma
    True - Game Center tracks both. But only the highest of the two is visible in game. I agree - swapping out the high score based on single or double deck would be great!

9. antony.thai

Hmm.. the highscore is displayed according to the active mode, this is expected in the design so far. I will check if there's any exception that could lead to a bug regarding this.

PS: Game Center button leads us straight to the leaderboard list which is showing the 2 seperate leader-boards of Politaire, you can track your score in here too.

Thanks for suggestion everyone.

10. djstout

djstout Well-Known Member

Jul 21, 2011
    Sportscaster & football (soccer) coach
    Taiwan & Japan
    Really really good game! I love those one hand time killers especially card or puzzle games and this one is fantastic! So polished and easy to play!

11. iosuser

iosuser Active Member

Aug 21, 2013
    Great game. I enjoy trying to beat my high score but I would love to see a versus the computer mode where you try to beat the computer's score or have different levels where you have to get a royal flush or five of a kind to win in order to get to the next level.

12. zenzizi

zenzizi Member

Aug 11, 2013
    Love it - Bought Double Deck - Now very annoyed that Double high score overwrites Single high score - Pretty much ruined Single Deck mode .. It also submits Double score as Single to GC

13. antony.thai

I'm checking that, I've heard a report of this before but I've tested the game and won't see it happening. It will be fixed in real fast if we could figure something out. Thank you for the report!

14. antony.thai

Politaire's Update is now available!

Hey! The update is finally out right now! ;-)

While the new game modes is postponed a bit more since I need more time to test it. The update brings lots of great twist to make Politaire becoming a greater game:

- New Objective System to upgrade Clear Table Bonus. Beside the main reason of burning free time, player can now having some challenges everyday by completing the objectives. It's interesting and fun.
    - iPad Landscape is now available.
    - Some more new card-back and card-face designs.
    - Improving Statistics.
    - Tons of bug fixs and improvements.

Thanks for loving Politaire! & More awesome updates are still coming!

15. vectorarchitekt

vectorarchitekt Well-Known Member

Dec 29, 2013
    Love the new update!
    I met the first two objectives so far. I really love the new card looks!

16. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    This new update with the table multiplier is the best. So happy . I achieved my highest score now!

17. antony.thai

You advised me this! I'm now a happier player in my Politaire now! Cheers!!

18. antony.thai

Hey all!

Is there any feedback while playing Politaire in the iPad? I would really want to hear about.

Regards,

19. ArcticXC

ArcticXC New Member

Feb 5, 2009
    I'm seeing ads even though I paid for the double deck. I thought that the purchase disabled ads?

20. Slate

Slate Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2015
    Game Taster
    Wisconsin
    iPad landscape mode is not working for me.