Universal Polara - (by Hope This Works)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Platyrrhine, Oct 10, 2012.

1. sweetdiss

sweetdiss Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2009
    Well deserved! Congrats!

2. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    #462 TheFrost, Mar 28, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    Agreed. For me the best non-endless runner on the AppStore along with Adventure Beaks. Period.

Edit: Third place for Bit.Trip Run

3. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    Agreed. Agreed. AGREED.

Plus, Polara has multiple Endless modes as cherry on top ;)

Polara and Adventure Beaks are 2 of the best of the best of the best games on the appstore.

4. TheFrost

TheFrost Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2010
    Yeah, and the brutal but forgiving difficulty, all the collectibles, the endless modes like you said, the setting, level design,.... Tempted to do a reinstall and enjoy it all over, time is the only thing I need to get in order to do so, where can I buy time? :p.

5. VicVendrell

VicVendrell Active Member

Feb 27, 2014
    Endless mode scores aren't updating in game center.

6. HTWGames

HTWGames Well-Known Member

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Developer
    Toronto/Vancouver
    3ds

I know this thread has gone so stale that it's petrified... but I wanted to let anyone who dug this game know that Polara is going to be released on the 3DS eshop in September in North America.

It's bittersweet, but at the same time it's something that HAD to happen for all the effort that was put into it and all that was lost during it. It's cathartic to an extent and I hope if you have a 3DS, you'll give the game a shot. It still is a very challenging and enjoyable experience.

Thanks,
    Dennis

7. runliketurtles

runliketurtles Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2012
    I don't have a 3DS, but I still have this game on my phone. My all time favorite runner, and one of the best games on iOS period. So hopefully this gives people who missed out a chance to play it.

8. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    Somehow I lost this from my iPad :( what a sad discovery

9. Exact-Psience

Exact-Psience Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2012
    The Work-At-Home Guy
    Philippines
    What the??? I also lost Polara on my ipad when i updated to ios9. At least i still have it on the iphone.

10. HTWGames

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Developer
    Toronto/Vancouver
    Yeah it's an unfortunate thing... the sales weren't good enough to support the conversion of the game to a new game engine. The old engine was updated by the parent company whom wanted more cash for it because Apple and Google changed up their stores which made our products defunct, so they removed them.

We became cannibalized by Apple's incessant need to update software to ruin hardware and so we end up being swept to the side haha ;) If we had the capital we could have kept the games going but...sadly that didn't work out.

So...at the very least the game will live on the 3DS and the Vita.

However...if you have the game and haven't updated, I Suggest you never delete it...it's grandfathered out of existence on the mobile market :(

11. anthony78

anthony78 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2015
    That sucks. And it' even gone from my purchase history. I never understood why some apps remain in your history even when pulled from sale while others do not.

Is this up to the devs/publishers?

12. sarfa

sarfa Well-Known Member

Mar 18, 2014
    If a game is pulled from sale but the publisher is still in business, it will stay in your purchase history even though no longer for sale. If a publisher goes out of business and/or no longer pays Apple their yearly fee, the game is then gone from your purchase history.

13. Sash-O

Sash-O Well-Known Member

Feb 13, 2015
    Germany
    Goodbye Polara, it was nice to know you!!!:(
    Thanks Apple!!!:mad:

14. HTWGames

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Developer
    Toronto/Vancouver
    This is correct. And our business is dead...it exists but we literally just pay corporate tax and maintain whatever residual agreements we have with others for the sake of keeping it going, but it simply is not worth it to stay on the mobile market.

15. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    I'm truly sorry that this has happened and hope you do well on 3DS and Vita. You deserve all the success you can get.

This was one of my all time favorite runners on iOS and am devastated that I can't redownloaded it. That's what I get for not keeping it on my device!

Seriously though, I think Apple should be held accountable for storing apps on their servers regardless of inactivity. I can see pulling apps from sale but space on servers is so cheap (working in IT) that it's ridiculous to not be there for previous purchases.

And yes, I of all people should also know to back up .ipas on my PC so shame on me too.

PS. Will the Vita version be compatible with PSTV? I may buy it again if it does (but do not have a Vita or 3DS).

16. HTWGames

Oct 10, 2011
    Game Developer
    Toronto/Vancouver
    Hey Anthony!

Yeah the mobile platform is a little bit awkward in the sense that I don't think Apple really took into consideration that they have billions of software titles they may have to constantly serve.

As for the Vita... well the thing is I don't have any confirmation of it being localized for NA/EU yet. The Vita was the first version they ported to Japan, and then brought out the 3DS versions both in Asia and in NA/EU. So that...doesn't seem to bode well. The Vita market doesn't do as well as the 3DS it seems. It's a shame because I have both and I'd love it on both.

However Circle tweeted this:

"Polara will hitting on NA 3DS eShop this week. RT & follow @CIRCLE_Ent & @HTWGames will have chance win a free code."

So if you follow and retweet, you might be able to win a 3DS code. It's not much, but it's free right? :)

17. anthony78

Nov 13, 2015
    Thanks for the response. Unfortunately unless the free code comes with 3DS, it won't do me much good ;)

But I wish you luck with it!