iPad PokerTower - (by Raphael Blanchet)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Sanuku, Feb 27, 2013.

1. TRB4

TRB4 Well-Known Member

Jan 30, 2013
    All codes gone :( I wasn't fast enough

2. XvEsunavX

XvEsunavX Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2012
    #82 XvEsunavX, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    I'm too slow as well! Oh well happy birthday! I'm dedicating my first drink of the night to you and your successful release!

Edit: wow my time zone got switched. I'm way late lol!

3. Just buy his game if you're interested it's his birthday afterall :)

It's a good one, no iap, and he seems intent to keep improving it.

4. XvEsunavX

Mar 20, 2012
    I've been contemplating it for sure. It's on my list and I'm not too upset about missing out because I know I'll get it one way or another. I might bump it to the top of my list as a very small bday gift. Either way I wish I had the patience and dedication these devs have. Great job.

5. Raph3Arts

Raph3Arts Well-Known Member

Thank you really much for your support and also for your good wishes! :)

And yes, I'm currently working on a big update that should be a really cool addition for you guys :) Can't tell more!

6. undeadcow

undeadcow Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2010
    Houston, TX
    #86 undeadcow, Mar 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2013
    Happy Birthday! In celebration of this developer's birthday and generosity, also because it will amuse me; I'll gift a $0.99 app of your choice to the first 5 people who buy and App Store review PokerTower then PM me (requires I comfirm review; I may only be able to gift on US App Store[?]). Get two games for the price of one. Cheers to PokerTower and Raph3Arts (whoever he is) on his birthday!

7. Raph3Arts

Wow thank you really much for your generosity :D I hope it will get some more sales :)

8. XvEsunavX

Mar 20, 2012
    I'm downloading now. Here's the double whammy; instead of buying me an app buy a copy of poker tower for the person who posts after me. Once you see my review of course. Pining you the name it'll be under in the App Store.

9. XvEsunavX

Mar 20, 2012
    Wow! All these responses... Lol. Game is amazing btw. I'm #6 in survival ATM.

10. johnnieholic

johnnieholic Member

Nov 3, 2012
    I absolutely love this this game but have had some possible bugs (i have an ipod touch 4gen). I played a monster game of survival but finishes when i was away from wifi and wasn't added to the game center leaderboards, or awarded the achievements. and just had another good game of survival and killed 28 monsters but didnt get the hitman achievement. dont know if these are known bugs or problems with gamecenter not recording the info.

11. DaviddesJ

DaviddesJ Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

May 19, 2010
    Burlingame CA
    I tried the survival mode but I found it pretty repetitive because the *only* thing worth doing is making Straights, they rank so much higher than the alternatives. Maybe occasionally a Flush to get rid of crap cards, but very rarely. I found I never wanted to make Full Houses because using up all of my 4's (for example) would just make it harder to make more Straights later.

12. Raph3Arts

Sorry guys for my late answer! I was away from the computer a lot those days..

Thanks! :) Really appreciated!

The game is supposed to register every achievements/score you get, even if you're not connected to internet, and send the informations once you get connected again. The game sends back every informations registered when you load the app or when you go to the stat screen. But I will check further into this to check if it happens on my side too!

Yeah I also thought that it could get repetitive some times, but the goal of the game is to make the best hands possible, so it's normal to do a lot of straights and higher hands to make the best point possible. Do you have any suggestion that could improve this aspect of the game?

Thank you guys for your feedback! :D

P.S The small update for the game is currently in review, so you should be able to play it tomorrow! I'm currently working on the big one, and this is my spring break, so I will probably finish it this week! :)

13. Raph3Arts

The version 1.0.2 is now available on the App Store, with the following changes :
    -New card set, thanks to Dominic Duschene
    -Game Center can now be totally disabled
    - Slight Icon modification
    -Minor typos fixed
    -Minor bugs fixed

Have Fun :D The next one is coming soon ;)

14. m44

m44 Well-Known Member

Feb 16, 2013
    The new cards really look great. No problems on my iPhone 4S. The trumpet menu music is cool too. Nice update, looking forward to "the biggie" :)

15. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    The new cards should significantly reduce eye strain playing on a small screen. Thanks.

Also, I've been meaning to ask for a while. Am I just missing something with tower mode? It seems to be an infinite mode where you can never die if you're willing to go for small hands but I always give up eventually because I see no way of ending the game other than suicide. I think that mode needs some additional element that would escalate the difficulty as time passes. Otherwise, very fun game.

16. Raph3Arts

Thanks for your feedback, I'll look more into than with my girlfriend! Maybe I could do like if you do a 3 or less cards hand, 2 rows is added and not only one?

17. Royce

Royce Well-Known Member

Mar 22, 2011
    The problem though is that if you can match 2 cards, you can still clear 5. If you made is so that only cards involved in the hand (so 2 cards in the case of a pair) were removed that would probably be too hard. I think only pairs really need to be penalized, so maybe adding two rows as you said.

18. Raph3Arts

#98 Raph3Arts, Mar 13, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
    Alright! I've followed your advice, and it will be added in the next update! Thanks for your feedback :)

Also don't forget everyone that you can still send me feedbacks and we'll check if we can make it in the next update!

P.S The "biggie update" is coming along really nice, it's working fine now and we just need to test it! :D

19. Raph3Arts

Hi guys!
    It's been a long time haha! The big update is now finished, and it has been submitted to Apple a moment ago!! :D This new update will include a brand new and exciting game mode : VERSUS!! :D This mode will allow you to fight against one of your friend on the same device, or against anyone else in the world via wi-fi.

It also includes 4 more achievements and 7 new stats, all linked to the Versus mode, and some bug fixes.

The game itself will be free to download the day that the update will be released to welcome more players to the new game mode!

I can't wait to meet you all online! :D

20. slammajamma28

slammajamma28 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2013
    Software Developer
    'Murrica
    Sounds awesome! Can't wait! :)