iPhone Pokemon TCG Online (by The Pokemon Company International)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Eli

Eli ᕕ┌◕ᗜ◕┐ᕗ
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

That typically happens when something isn't available in your region.

2. Alrikster

Alrikster Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Thats weird though, didn't they state it was a global release?

3. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    It's pretty simple, really.

They first ask your date of birth when you sign up and then, don't bother to use that information when they email you to ask your permission for your child to play the game.

How dumb is that?! I told them my age... they could at least use it.

And for your information, I've already conquered life. Finished that game way back. I'm doing it on a harder level now, which I'm struggling with, to be honest... which is why I'm wasting my time on stupid games instead...!

4. LoneWolf1999

LoneWolf1999 Member

Oct 1, 2014
    This is awesome. I don't have any body to play with even though I collect the cards but now I can redeem all codes and be powerful. Thanks Pokemon!

5. LoneWolf1999

LoneWolf1999 Member

Oct 1, 2014
    Dude those emails are sent by robots ur really getting so mad? I can understand why they said child.......

6. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    Yeah it was just some good natured ribbing my friend... Glad you took it so well. Hope things work out so hang in there

-M

7. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Pretty cute with some decent legs even if just fighting against AI opponents. Much like Hearthstone, however, realize that this app is an IDENTICAL port of the PC client. So, since all your info is stored on their server, you can do a few bouts on your PC and then do a few more on your iPad later with the exact same character and card collection.

8. Domisan

Domisan Active Member

Aug 27, 2014
    can you earn all cards just by playing? how long would that take to earn all?

or can you also buy cards?

is it like it is in hearthstone?

well the client is hmmm... it feels slow and childish dunno... and by childish i dont mean the pokemonstyle and art, thats absolutely fine.

9. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Looking for friends to add, please add me JCman7. Thanks!

10. LordGek

LordGek Well-Known Member
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold Patreon Bronze

Feb 19, 2009
    Software QA Engineer
    Saratoga, CA, USA
    Added.

11. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Got it thanks! :) another card game you can beat me up at lol

12. Capricornman

Capricornman Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2011
    #72 Capricornman, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014
    Please add me to your list of friends. I'm going to add you and LordGek
    Thanks
    Username is Capricornman

13. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    You DO realise these 'robots' are coded by grown-ups who receive a salary in exchange for their efforts, right? You DO know that when you code this kind of thing, you can do stuff like calculate age based on date of birth, hence justifying your salary? It's a brave new world out there, my friend... people need to learn to embrace the technology properly and do it right. THIS is what I find so annoying (aside from troll-like posts from noobs like yourself of course).

Sorry if this sounds patronising but from your post I get the impression I need to speak slowly for you. Apologies if this is not the case - but you can see why this is an easy mistake to make, right?

;-)

14. LoneWolf1999

LoneWolf1999 Member

Oct 1, 2014
    #74 LoneWolf1999, Oct 2, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 2, 2014

15. CaptYadierPR

CaptYadierPR Well-Known Member

Mar 27, 2012
    Network Marketing
    Puerto Rico
    Doesnt work on Ipad 2, crashes all the time
    Magic the Gathering works fine on Ipad 2

16. rdmd

rdmd Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Habakuk's husband
    with Habakuk
    I registered for the game, I didn't get the age confirmation email, what I got was the account confirmation email. I feel like you didn't understand the email. And even if they made a mistake, so what? not a big deal mistakes happen and they can fix it. This is not something to cry about "oh I'm not gonna spend a dime on the game oh they made a little mistake now I'm mad" I dont think pokemon co. cares if you purchase a pack or not but besides that you are a cry baby.

17. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    Thanks for the games JCman7
    Not sure what happened to me in the second game but I'm new to this game and learning on the fly

18. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Thanks to you too! Was fun! I'm new too never played it before this app but I have been playing these past two days.

19. Capricornman

Dec 8, 2011
    That's great! Will have to play again
    I think it's kind of crazy though there's a long list of players I don't know wanting to play me or look at their amazing card collection and make them an offer! Lol
    I wonder where all that leads to?

20. badmanj

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    So rather than trade sly insults with you (which, frankly, is boring), I'll try to answer your question instead:

Yes, this is a 'glitch' - I agree. But one that should have been picked up in testing (something I don't think this game has had enough of). If they're going to put me through the pain of creating an account and providing them with my date of birth, I feel they could at least not send me an email telling my my child wants to play a kiddie game that they need my permission for.

Ok, I guess I can live with them thinking I'm under 18 or whatever... but what actually annoys me is the developers regard this as a game for children. Actually most of us here are not children and yet many of us are likely to play this game. Why do they make the assumption that their target audience is purely children? Will all of their communication to us be made with this assumption in mind?

I love gaming and always have - but I do hate, sometimes, the implication that it's purely a hobby to be enjoyed by kids. I think we deserve a lot more respect than that. AND we have a LOT more money to spend too...