iPhone Pokemon TCG Online (by The Pokemon Company International)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 26, 2014.

1. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    How do you restore it? I don't have a PC! Thanks!

2. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    You do need a PC unfortunately and you will lose all your data since you don't have backups. Since you don't have a PC other alternative is to take it to an Apple Store or try to borrow someone's computer.

3. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Its back! Got it to start downloading but it's going very slowly

4. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Oh,ok thanks. My brother has one, now if only I can get a hold of him!

5. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    Best of luck to you! Hope you get it restored, if You happen to have a backup in the cloud you can restore from that.

6. Montanx

Montanx Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2012
    San Diego
    So even this game can launch with a tournament mode yet hearthstone can't? That's all that's missing from that game to have had me keep playing it.

7. Touchmint

Touchmint Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Developer
    Phoenix
    Can't believe this isn't at the top of the iPad charts yet haha.

This brings back memories.

8. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Don't let that keep you from playing Hearthstone, it's easily the best of it's kind on IOS.

9. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    1.1GB of space installed and I keep getting out of disk space when loading the game, so annoying

10. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    #50 Jake7905, Oct 1, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 1, 2014
    After playing through the tutorial, and downloading assets, it's 1.1gb installed on my iPad Mini Retina. I'll play a little more, but so far I see nothing that will tear me away from Hearthstone as my go-to card game. The mechanics aren't nearly as inviting, the UI is comparatively clumsy, and the quality of the presentation doesn't justify the large file size.

11. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I had the Game Boy Color version of P:TCG, and it was so fun, I preferred it to any "proper" Pokemon game.

This version, is a static, charmless and artistically barren mess. I hate it.

There's simply no joy in it.

12. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Well, I figured out why the game kept crashing on my IPad Air. It has to do with the memory issue mentioned several times on this thread. I underestimated how much this game balloons with every pack you open. I opened 5 packs and the file size jumped to 2.2 gigs. If you don't have enough storage space to open all the packs you have saved up, it won't even let you log in until you do. Disappointing to say the least.

I concur with others that this APP overall lacks any charm. Even the player avatars are bland Western art style rather than anime designs that the entire franchise is known for. I'm continually frustrated with how annoying it is simply to zoom in on a card, and the interface is horrible, riddled with unexplained icons and rules. I selected an option to build a legal deck and it didn't even filter out cards that were not legal, waiting until I saved my creation to inform me that my deck wasn't legal and I would have to hunt for the cards that were in violation. Heck, even figuring out where to go to open packs was a chore. It seems like nothing about this APP was designed to be intuitive.

Deleted, which is a shame. I was really excited abut this release. With all the excellent examples of physical card and board games implemented on digital platforms well, it's a wonder someone with access to a brand as recognized as Pokémon would make such a substandard product.

13. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    I'm having fun with it but the space issue is a big turnoff I hope they fix this, the cards should be kept on the server not our device. I wasn't one to buy the cards as a kid all of my friends had them I only played the game boy games and now the 3DS games, never the card game. It's a fun game with good mechanics.

14. rdmd

rdmd Well-Known Member

May 4, 2014
    Habakuk's husband
    with Habakuk
    Quick question guys,are gems a seperate currency? so do I need coins AND gems displayed on the item to buy that deck or its choose either one of them? and How do we get the gems?

15. MasonHurst

MasonHurst Well-Known Member

Jan 9, 2013
    I don't understand your complaint. The game is targeted at KIDS and if it requires a confirmation email that's a good thing.

If your insulted because you're 49 years old... well they assumed this kiddie title would be played by KIDS... Maybe 7 to 16 year olds.

You should still be trying to conquer the world in real life. ;-)

16. regkilla

regkilla Well-Known Member

No iPhone support? Ok Nintendo...

17. This is not from Nintendo...

18. Barc

Barc New Member

Jul 7, 2012
    iPad mini with retina? For a card came?

Lazy.

19. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    Did it actually say your child had registered? I ask because my confirmation email didn't say that at all. It did have instructions for activating a child's account, but it was after the main message and the "verify your email" button. That sounds like a completely legit and harmless thing to have for a game like this.

Anyway, the app crashed on my iPad 3 three times before I could play my first match. I've never played this in any form (or Magic, for that matter), but the first trainer challenge was easy enough to pick up a few basics. Unfortunately, after constantly downloading new assets, I ran out of space on my device. Also, it reloaded the app and had me log in again each time I switched apps. If it loaded faster, and if it saved your password, I wouldn't mind so much.

I think a lot of my grief so far is my own fault (old and busted iPad 3, no free space), so I might give it another try in the future.

20. Alrikster

Alrikster Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2013
    Did this get pulled already?
    Cannot find it on the german app-store and most of the links seem to be directing me to their pokemon tv app.

Am i the only one?