iPhone Pokemon TCG Online (by The Pokemon Company International)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by PeteOzzy, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Andre

Andre Well-Known Member

Apr 11, 2012
    Will wait until it releases in US or NZ...

2. Need an update. It's not ready at all for a worldwide release...

3. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Its now out world wide :D

4. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    So what was the point of the soft release? On my IPad Air, I have to reset my device every time or the game won't start, on my friend's IPad 2, it won't start at all. In game there are several bugs and issues as well. None of this has been fixed from the time of soft launch to worldwide. This seems really rushed with little care put into making it a quality product. Heck, I think most of us would settle for having a working product...

5. strivemind

strivemind Well-Known Member

So far my biggest problem with the app is the way it steadily raises in filesize as it caches more and more cards. Even just by looking at the cards I already own (aboout 6 theme decks and a handful of packs), which is a very small percentage of what's out there, the space grew to more than 2Gb.

6. HansKaosu

HansKaosu Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2013
    Works just fine on my iPad air

Yaiks :s

7. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Which in itself shows a huge problem with their quality control when they can't even get consistent functionality on the same devices, much less over multiple devices. Reading comments on other sites and forums, it seems like a pretty widespread problem, which furthers the question how they could ignore this issues during a period which is generally meant to specifically pick up on instability within an APP.

8. Kirenx

Kirenx Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2012
    Wow, that seems like a pretty big issue as the game already takes a significant amount of storage space. I can't find any information on who developed the APP as the listed "developer" is simply the generic name they give to whoever makes anything to do with Pokémon. Doesn't seem like a promising start.

9. santi3100

santi3100 New Member

May 19, 2014
    How to purchese Gem? :confused:

10. lilneo

lilneo Well-Known Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Work in State Government
    México
    Boring....

11. Jake7905

Jake7905 Well-Known Member

Jun 20, 2013
    Just tried to download from the U.S. store, got a message saying that this app is no longer available. Just to be clear: the link works, brings up the app, but when I press the buy button, I get the no longer available message. Oh well. With Hearthstone already being my go-to card game, I was more Pokemon-curious than anything else.

12. andysmash

andysmash Well-Known Member

Apr 6, 2011
    I'm very underwhelmed. I want to say good things and praise the game - the Pokemon TCG was my first "nerdy" game ever, even before I owned a game console or handheld. But man... I guess I'm spoiled on Hearthstone. The fast pace, the polish, the flawless performance - and then this game, which looks like it was ported exactly from a flash game with no thought about how to make it run on a tablet.

The game itself is still pretty fun, and I enjoyed playing a few matches, but the low quality of the app itself makes it tough to want to invest time into it.

13. badmanj

badmanj Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2009
    Software developer
    Reading, England
    Thanks for your insightful (yet ultimately pointless and useless) contribution!

Anyway, something more constructive...

I'm 49 years old and I just received a confirmation email upon registering, telling me my child had registered and I need to verify the email to allow them to play.

THIS is f%%%%%% insulting!!!

This alone is enough to put me off spending a penny on the game!!!

14. PhoenixMan

PhoenixMan New Member

Sep 30, 2014
    I don't get how people are already complaining it hasn't been released (i can't download it) if someone could verify that would be great

15. witedahlia

witedahlia Well-Known Member

Jul 28, 2012
    Yes, unfortunately ipad 2 and iPad mini, as well as anything older, are excluded. I'm annoyed.

16. icepulse

icepulse Well-Known Member

Aug 7, 2008
    I have a mini retina, and still can't get it.

A-whaaaaaa?

17. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    Not worldwide:..:.............

18. bigjack66

bigjack66 Well-Known Member

Aug 5, 2013
    Anyone else's iPod locked up since new iOS update? Mines just says connect to iTunes.

19. JCman7

JCman7 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Mechanical Engineering
    NY
    That's bad news you might have to restore it I had that happen to me with the last iOS 7 update.

20. PoloBaquerizoH

PoloBaquerizoH Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2013
    You can Still go to the store country were is available as is free